5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best out there
Published 19 months ago by fallingforstars

3.0 out of 5 stars Very fine grater
This is well made but do note the grinder grinds to very small grade -almost like fine flour. I prefer a courser grade to you can taste it more.
Published 9 months ago by A Consumer Esq

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best out there, 18 May 2013
fallingforstars (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GEFU Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill (Kitchen & Home)
German made mill that is well engineered and designed (as you would expect) which only leaves a small dome of nutmeg before having to refill. After reading MANY reviews of various nutmeg mills at wide ranging price points this one seemed to tick all the boxes and at a reasonable price. It has a very smooth action and is simplicity itself. A strong retractable sprung claw mechanism holds an individual nutmeg in place and storage space within the main body is provided for spare nutmegs. The only thing you will forget to do is remove the small end cap before grinding which keeps the freshness in. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have if you like freshly grated nutmeg., 27 July 2013
This review is from: GEFU Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill (Kitchen & Home)
This product is very good. It's functional and looks nice. It's easy to use. WOW! whoever thought of making this "Thank you". The pain of having to grate nutmeg is now history. I love using nutmeg and I insist on using freshly grated nutmeg I don't like the ready "Ground nutmeg" it doesn't taste the same. Now I can't believe I can use freshly grated nutmeg with the added pleasure of grating it using my new GEFU. Delivery was quicker than expected. Thank you Amazon and thank GEFU and of course "Thank you, husband" for telling me about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of equipment., 7 Feb 2013
David J. Carpenter "DJC" (Batley, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GEFU Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill (Kitchen & Home)
Works like a dream. The action is smooth and the results perfect every time. I suppose you get what you pay for, and this is a quality item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good design, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: GEFU Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill (Kitchen & Home)
I heard a reference on a cookery programme to the inevitability of getting sore fingers when trying to grate nutmegs on ordinary graters, which then mentioned that there were some particular devices that overcame this problem, which were well worth having. So I looked at the selection on Amazon and thought this looked the best design - and it has proved excellent, and is neat and compact. I wondered if the word 'laser' might mean batteries, but this is not so, it refers to the sharpness of the blade cutter. Not cheap but very good quality, and I intend to get one for another family member, as we all like freshly ground spices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this gadget!, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: GEFU Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill (Kitchen & Home)
Was looking for a good nutmeg mill and found this, it may be one of the pricier options but it's worth it. It grinds the nutmeg to a really nice consistency and looks good too. As I use nutmeg quite a lot it stays on the counter top next to my stainless steel pepper mill and salt grinder. It feels robust and think it will last for years. Would recommend to anyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very fine grater, 6 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolls Royce (well, almost) of nutmeg graters !, 14 Oct 2014
This review is from: GEFU Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill (Kitchen & Home)
This was a Christmas present which I had had my eye on for quite a while. A relief after slicing my finger on my old grater time after time. I chose this model because of the reviews on Amazon. At first I was not overwhelmed by it as it seemed to produce very little nutmeg on grating, and what did come out was a very very fine powder. Then it completely broke when the spring in the bottom mechanism gave way. So back to Amazon it went, and I got a replacement. The new grater was infinitely better than the first one, I must have been unlucky and got a dud. Now I get perfect nutmeg every time, and it is just the right consistency, not too fine, not too coarse.
The only downside is that it can get clogged up at the bottom and then nothing comes out. This is caused by remnants of grated bits of nutmeg getting stuck under a new nutmeg that has been put in, and is easily solved by tipping the remnants out.
Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever had, 27 Jan 2014
T. Schwarz "The Chairman" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GEFU Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill (Kitchen & Home)
I have had a variety of things for grating nutmed over the years. Starting with normal graters which had me risking fingertips. Progressing to ones which had holders that kept fingers safe but still produced very little actual grated nutmeg. This easily and safely produces plenty of grated - although shaved might describe the result more accurately - nutmeg. I guess it depends on how often you use nutmeg, but this is definitely the right tool for the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars great present, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: GEFU Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill (Kitchen & Home)
I love this gadget.Got fed up with grating my fingers,tad expensive but would make a fab xmas present as is quite a luxury buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gefu laser nutmeg grill, 3 July 2013
This review is from: GEFU Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill (Kitchen & Home)
Easy to load. Easy to use. Grinds the nutmeg to just about the right consistency,especially for the making of Bechamel sauce for Lasagne & Canneloni.

GEFU Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill