4.0 out of 5 stars Lexar Pro USB 3.0 Dual Slot Reader - Firmware upgrade.
I initially had problems connecting the reader to USB 2 or USB 3 interfaces on my Windows 7 64 bit system. The device was not recognised properly in device manager and inserting a card (Silicon Power 8GB SDHC Cat 10) caused the system to hang. Ironically it worked fine connected to USB 2 on my Windows 7 32 bit netbook. Lexar have released a firmware update (Feb 2012 -...
Published on 20 Feb 2012 by Chris H.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware Retina MacBook Pro compatibility issues as of June 2012
[Edit: Compatibility issues are now resolved. Not sure how long ago now as I can't remember but it was last year (2012) and the reader is now working perfectly with F/W updates]

Beware of a compatibility issue as of 21st June 2012.

Having had issues reading a Lexar 1000x CF card using the earlier USB 2.0 version of Lexars reader I purchased this one...
Published on 22 Jun 2012 by PJK

‹ Previous | 123 24 2529 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lexar Professional USB 3.0 dual slot reader, 29 Aug 2011
This review is from: Lexar Professional 500MB/s USB 3.0 Dual Slot Reader (Personal Computers)
Works as advertised. No problems reading from my SanDisk c/f cards or my Transcend SDXC card. I have an Asus u3s6 pcie card providing 2 rear usb slots and a silverstone EC01 pcie card powering my 2 front usb3 ports. The Lexar card reader seems to be slightly faster when connected to the front ports. I was getting around 70MB/s when I copied some test avchd files from my c/f card and about 55-60MB/s when copying photos. The card is rated at 60MB/s. My SDXC card is a class 10 card and only transfers at a lowly 23MB/s by comparison.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if you're an apple user, 31 May 2014
I have had this card for six months and loved it, until today that is. I had a photoshoot this morning and used two different CFC cards, a Sandisk 32gb and a Lexar 16GB, as soon as I tried to upload the the photographs onto my Macbook Pro, the computer failed to recognise the card, so I tried the other one, and the same thing happened, so I decided to put them back into my Canon 5D MKII and both cards came up with error codes and said they was not formatted, I've lost all the photos and will have to re-shoot at a later date.
Seriously unhappy Lexar!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. Use both CF and SD cards so ..., 23 July 2014
Excellent product. Use both CF and SD cards so useful item for myself. Quickly recognised by my PC and quickly downloads. Far superior to other card readers I have had. Would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 16 July 2014
Great piece of kit , but now after months of use, the cable will not stay put in reader. Even the slightest wiggle disconnects the transfer of files. Don't know if it was my fault or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased to speed up transfer of images from SD cards ..., 1 Aug 2014
Purchased to speed up transfer of images from SD cards to a PC. Seems faster than the USB 2.0 item I had before but have not quantified the improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was having problems with the previous model Reader, ..., 8 Sep 2014
I was having problems with the previous model Reader , so changed that reader for this new usb3 Reader and have had no more problems! Fast aswell!yyhhh

1.0 out of 5 stars As other said, it doesn't work!, 6 Mar 2014
Getting it to work is hit and miss. multiple restarts of my PC, plug it in and out, hoping that 1 out of 20 tries, it will work.
I'm on win7 64 bit, but it seems people complain about all OS's.
I'm trying to find the box to send it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Zapped my cards, 17 Feb 2014
M. Sean Haffey "Sean" (UK) - See all my reviews
I like Lexar and have several of their CF and SD and SDHC cards. However, this reader appears to have killed two of my memory cards: one CompactFlash and one SDHC. The two cards came from different cameras and the only common factor is that they were read by this reader. So, sadly, I can't recommend it.

Note: like several others here, I am using an Apple iMac. Maybe it's OK on other operating systems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast SD and CF data transfer, 29 Nov 2012
A. Chell "Avid reader" (Staffordshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Another quality product from Lexar that installs straight away and is fully compatible with USB 2.0, though you're missing out on its key feature if you don't connect it to a USB 3.0 socket. It should be relatively future-proof, though, and even on the slower USB standard, data transfer was fast and reliable.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... used a couple of time and it seems a good product but very fiddly when you can but cheaper ..., 6 Sep 2014
only used a couple of time and it seems a good product but very fiddly when you can but cheaper alternatives that do the same job

‹ Previous | 123 24 2529 | Next ›