Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 March 2012
In October 2011, I saw this band supporting Amon Amarth. I hadn't heard much about them, but their performance, even though it was 30 mins long, was incredible. I just had to buy their album, and am I glad I did. The first track, 'Vampire From Nazareth' starts off almost operatic but then suddenly blasts into heaviness that makes you want to headbang until you snap your neck. Other tracks on the album I particularly enjoy are 'Pyramid God', '5 Pointed Star', 'Rising'... Heck, there isn't one track I don't like from this album. If you're a fan of symphonic metal, death metal, black metal, I thoroughly recommend you pick this up, you won't be disappointed. Definitely deserves the 5 5-pointed stars I've given it!
on 11 August 2011
This is basically the conclusion of a review that I put on my website:
This is a very strong album by Septic Flesh. There are only a few minor flaws, and these are as much my personal taste as anything. The album is dark, but, hey. this is death metal after all. The orchestration in the main is very good although some part stand out to my mind and do not fit as well as I would have hoped....while others fit far better than I would otherwise have expected. The production and mix are very good and very polished. All instruments have their own place and sit well. It is not unnecessarily muddy and there is good detail. If I was to say anything, the bass and drums perhaps lack punch. This does not detract from the album though, but could have added some extra dimension overall to the band. The length is good as it goes just long enough to leave me wanting more, if anything it seems to go a fraction too short. I think a few of these songs could have been extended quite easily and successfully as, while they already enjoy a very good musical dynamic roller coaster ride there could have been more fleshing out of some of the themes ... again, this is just personal taste.

Will this album make my top 10 for the year? Hard to tell,likely no as there are a lot of strong albums coming out later this year, but as it stands right now, it is definitely in my top 10 so far, yes. If I have any strong changes of mind about this album over the few months I will update this post, as the albums longevity to me alone will be interesting.
By Amazon's review system I will give it 5 stars, although 4 may be more appropriate in the long term.
on 17 June 2011
Impressive follow up to the already impressive 'Communion' album. Not as catchy as its predecessor at first sight, but each consecutive listen reveals more and more layers and the riffs and melodies soon engrave themselves in your brain. One of the highlights of the year!
on 31 July 2011
This is the extreme metal album that is perfect for conversion of open-minded people that usually do not like this type of sound. As good as Communion and the logical follow-up.
on 14 June 2014
Short and sweet, this album, even though not as good as Communion, still kicks butt. From beginning to end - love it.
on 21 August 2014
Bought this for my boyfriend he loved it.
on 9 June 2016
No words, amazing in every way