5.0 out of 5 stars Playmobil 5135 Large Pirate Ship Its AAAAArghmazing !
Published 15 months ago by Ghosthunter

3.0 out of 5 stars this ship looks great, but is quite busy and fiddly for my ...
Once built, this ship looks great, but is quite busy and fiddly for my 4 year old, with lots of very small bits. The main reason for me only giving it 3 stars is that the sails are made from cardboard and could easily rip over the course of months/years of play. They are also quite large and so can get in the way with accessing the ship's deck. I'm really surprised that...
Published 4 months ago by Ramo79

5.0 out of 5 stars Playmobil 5135 Large Pirate Ship Its AAAAArghmazing !, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship (Toy)
Where do I start with this, well lets start at the very beginning, its a very good place to start.This was a Christmas present for my 8 year old playmobil mad son,and got it for a fantastic price as well,arrived very well packed and on time after an initial let down from a company called Ace Of Deals who trade on Ebay,who never sent the ship,there is so much to this ship and I have to say there's a fair bit of building with it,one thing to note straight away,when you open the box you will see a large piece of polystyrene-DO NOT discard this as it is part of the ship and is not packing,it did take a while to build(however we did build it on Christmas day, so with everything else that was going on,we were back and forth to it) and some patience is required as it does have a few fiddly bits,there are lots of accessories with this,that any seafaring pirate could possibly need,from a treasure chest to firing cannons,as with all Playmobil its well constructed and thought out,and will give a child many,many hours of imaginative play,i bought some extra pirates to go with this and the pirate rowing boat with shark,my son has not stopped playing with it and the boat has been into many adventures and battles,including being raided by the Playmobil police and hijacked by 2 Playmobil clowns,a word of caution with this, whilst it does float perfectly in the bath(hence the reason for the polystyrene I mentioned earlier)you will need to remove the paper sails from the masts as they will be ruined otherwise, the sails do come off quite easily and did not lessen the enjoyment my son had with it in the bath,once the boat has dried out, the sails go back on easily enough,the boat also has small wheels underneath it,so runs nicely across the carpet, or any other firm surface,once again Playmobil has come up trumps with another quality product-To sum up,Happy Dad,Happy Pirates and a Happy Son-This is one boat that gets my vote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pirate ship, 23 July 2012
This review is from: Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship (Toy)
I bought this for my sons 4th birthday, it was quite fiddly to assemble but I enjoy that kind of thing. He absolutely loves it, lots of different bits and pieces on it to play with. We've definitely had our moneys worth due to the amount of hours he's spent with it. We then went on to buy him the playmobile fort so he sets up battles between the two. My eight year old son also plays with it though not as much. Very durable, taken a lot of rough play! Would recommend to all little pirate fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let down only by card sails., 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship (Toy)
Excellent product let down only by card sails which would get ruined if the ship were used in water. I made some plastic sails from a morrisons bag for life using the paper sails as a template (see my customer image at top of page).

4.0 out of 5 stars great toy, 13 April 2014
Mr. A. Weller "Andy Weller" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship (Toy)
Great toy that my 4 year old absolutely loves.

My one gripe, i've had to glue it together as the thing falls apart to easily.

But this was also fun and reminded me of my model making days when young.

4.0 out of 5 stars Took a long time to put together but not because ..., 10 July 2014
This review is from: Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship (Toy)
Took a long time to put together but not because it was difficult just lots of bits and bobs. My nearly 4 year old loves this especially the firing cannons

5.0 out of 5 stars To nice for children, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship (Toy)
Was brought for a 4 year old girl who was adamant that she wanted a pirate ship from santa this year. It is very time consuming to put together as there is quite a lot of detail with the pirate ship. So I would recommend building it in advance, even if this means it cannot be wrapped. It took me over an hour and I'm not to bad at building manual type stuff.

Once built it looks amazing and seems to be very durable. There are odd bits like the tops of the masts that it would be a good ideas to glue as they are prone to detaching from the rest of the mast when pulled. It is fairly big but that just means there's more play potential and her twin sister can get involved. I think we will probably get a smaller ship or one of the islands to go with this one.

All in all we are quite impressed and I'm glad we bought this at the end of October because it had increased in price by 20 pounds by the end of November. When these come back into stock they are well worth the usual price of around 40 quid. And apart from the size it does appear that you get a fair bit more than what comes with the smaller ships.

4.0 out of 5 stars Put aside a good 2hours to set up,, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship (Toy)
Having read the reviews for this, I decided to put it together prior to Christmas morning rather than attempt it on the big day. I am so glad I did as it took my husband and I a good couple of hours of arguing over which bit goes where. My son was thrilled to bits with it and has played with it loads. I just wish they would make things themselves before selling them as it isn't cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ship, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship (Toy)
My son got this ship for his 5th birthday. He loves to play with pirates and loves this ship. All his friends love it too. It is very large and it takes a lot of space! It is very well made, not cheap looking like some ships we bought before. Some bits (mainly sails) come undone sometimes, but I just clip them back on.
It is a great present for that price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pirate ship, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship (Toy)
This was a Christmas present for my 4 year old son and he loves it. It took about an hour to build with him trying to help and was a little fiddly in places but well worth it for the final product.
This ship is very large (bigger than I originally realised!) and comes with some great playmobil bits for added fun. There are only a few pirates though, we already had a playmobil pirate advent calendar and some other playmobil pirate bits so all added together it is great but as a first playmobil pirate purchase, you may want to consider buying a few extra pirates.

All in all it has already given my son hours of entertainment and it seems well constructed as playmobil generally is so should last a long time.

I'm holding off letting him play with it in the bath as a) I don't want to fork out for the stabiliser to add the motor we already have to it, b) cant see how it will go far with the motor as its so big and c) I'm not sure how he will fit in the bath with it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for 4-year-olds, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship (Toy)
This is a great ship for 4-year-olds (and their parents). There are some nice details and it provides hours of fun.

Playmobil 5135 Pirates Large Pirate Ship