Nicolae has hated vampires ever since his pack was captured, kept as slaves and tortured. He has never forgiven himself for being unable to save the others, as alpha it was his job to protect them but he is the only one who survived. It may be 100 years since he escaped but he has been suffering ever since, he may live near another werewolf pack but he refuses to join them and prefers keeping to himself. His only companionship comes from the local timber wolf pack who he has formed a close bond with. While out hunting he comes across a group of hunters and is immediately concerned for the safety of the wolves but after following them he soon discovers that their prey is a woman. Unable to let them kill her he steps in but when he discovers that she is a vampire he regrets getting involved. He should leave her to her fate but something stops him and he finds himself wanting to help her. Can he put aside his hatred of vampires and help Tatyana? Who are the mysterious hunters and what do they want from her?

Hunter's Moon is the 9th book in the Vampires Realm series but it is the first one that I've read. Usually I hate to read a series out of order but I was assured that these books are all stand alone and I didn't have any problems following the story. I enjoyed the book so much that I'll definitely be picking up the rest of the series though and am looking forward to finding out more about the vampire realm.

Nicolae is a dark and brooding hero, alpha to his core but also incredible sexy and definitely a hero to lust after. As you learn more about his past your heart will melt for him and you can't help but want him to have a happy ending. I loved his relationship with the timber pack, it has taken him years to gain their trust but now they are used to working together and he works hard to keep them safe. When he first discovers what Tatyana is his first instinct is to let the hunters have her but there is something deep inside him that refuses to let that happen. It isn't easy for him to trust her but as they slowly get to know each other I really enjoyed watching their feelings blossom.

Tatyana's bloodline has never kept werewolves as slaves so she finds it hard to understand Nicolae's attitude towards her. With him blowing hot and cold she is confused and annoyed but as she learns more about his past she starts to realise how much he has suffered. She hasn't had things easy either though and has reasons of her own not to trust him. She is on a mission to track down the hunters that killed someone close to her but then has every intention of returning home to the rest of her family when her task is complete. She wasn't looking for a relationship but there is something about Nicolae that she finds irresistible. The pair both fight their feelings but the sexual chemistry between them isn't something that can be avoided forever. They are both afraid of being hurt again so their relationship develops really slowly and I enjoyed the fact that they took time to get to know each other rather than acting on their attraction early on.

I loved the fact that they are both strong characters and they look out for each other. Tatyana may start off weak from injury but as she gains her strength she proves to be a kick arse character and protects Nicolae as much as he protects her. She certainly isn't a wimpy heroine and is worthy of her hot alpha male. The action scenes are well written and make it easy to picture what is happening. While there is only one sex scene it was worth the wait and the tension between the couple in the build up will definitely leave you fanning yourself. This is a great paranormal romance and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a dark and dangerous alpha hero. I'm looking forward to devouring the rest of the series!
on 8 May 2014
This is the sixth book in the Vampire Realms Romance series. I loved it!

Nicolae is a fascinating character. He is a werewolf, living in Canada. He is the perfect Alpha wolf warrior, but deeply wounded by his past. I loved his protective streak. He has a tendency to over think things, but I suppose his past makes him doubt himself somewhat.

Tatyana is a Nocens vampire, on the trail of genetically enhanced vampire hunters. I loved this character. She is tenacious, stubborn and quite deadly in her own way.

This series is getting better! This story is exciting and the world building has gotten a lot better. I struggled to put the book down, and read it in one sitting! The characters have a depth to them and the back stories are quite interesting. All the books in the series so far have been set in Europe, but it was nice to have a change of scenery / continent. The hunters are suitably evil and dangerous. The story is full of danger, violence and romance. I loved the way the author described the fight scene between Nicolae and Craig, the local werewolf Alpha. It was really intense and reminded me of how real life wolves (not to mention dogs) snap, snarl and bite when in a fight. I actually felt sorry for Beth, who has a crush on Nicolae. However, I don't think she would have been right for him, as she seemed a bit submissive. Nicolae likes his lady to have a backbone, and Tatyana has steel running up hers! The heat between these two characters just about sets the pages alight! The word incendiary comes to mind! And, although this book could be read as a stand alone, I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Masquerade, as soon as possible!

Felicity Heaton has written another fantastic paranormal romance. I love her writing style, which is fast paced, exciting and believable. She is number one on my Favourite Authors List.

As this is an erotic paranormal romance with explicit scenes, I do not recommend this book to younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love erotic paranormal romances full of action, adventure, sexy vampires and even sexier werewolves. - Lynn Worton
on 8 July 2013
Paranormal Romnce by Felicity Heaton, Vampires & Werewolves my favourite kind of books.

This book is another fabulous one, a superb read and right up my street and not forgetting so reasonably priced, as are all of Felicity's books.

Felicity Heaton is now one of my favourite Authors and if you havent read any of her books then I strongly suggest you do.

She writes loads of Paranormal Romances and every one of them is brilliant, check them out for yourself, you wont be disappointed.
on 13 January 2012
I am a fan of the Vampire Realm series but feel that Hunters Moon was not quite up there with some of the other books in the series. Dont get me wrong this isnt a bad story but as someone following the series and having the other books as markers Hunters Moon for me, had something missing - i cant quite put my finger on it but, maybe I would have liked more vampires and more magic this sort of felt like a half book/filler story which was there to set the scene and reinforce the relationship between the vampires and werewolves for the next book rather than it being an exciting read on its own. Having said all of the above I will continue reading more of Felicitiy's books especially the next in the series Masquerade.
on 23 March 2011
In Hunter's Moon we are introduced to Nicolae, a lone wolf living in the Canadian wilderness. The Alpha male lost his entire pack at the hands of their dreaded masters, the Tenebrae Bloodline. (On first seeing this I was shocked and prayed Venturi had been a good boy, even though I doubt that greatly!) Anyway, he blamed himself for their deaths, and wanted to avoid capture again, so isolated himself in the opposite end of the world. Going centuries without laying eyes on another vampire, until he found the half dead Tatyana. A member of the Nocen's Bloodline, kind hearted as well as fierce, she helps change Nicolae's opinion on her kind.

I swear I melted for Nicolae reading this book, he'd been through so much pain and heartache only to hide himself away from the world feeling weak and useless. When in truth he is a strong, dominating, if not dark and brooding male. He has made a place for himself in my heart, something I didn't think possible because Winter dominates it. Felicity was determined to find a character to trump my Winter, it didn't exactly work because I'm crazy obsessed with him, but at least I let Nicolae in. I'm sure you're pleased with yourself Felicity!

As expected of one of Mrs.Heaton's books we get a good helping of action, love and emotional turmoil. I was kept on the edge of my seat watching Nicolae and Tatyana's relationship grow and heat up. Their emotions clash and the past rears it's ugly head repeatedly, Nicolae's internal struggles were heart-breaking, but at least they get through it. Together! The fight scenes were amazing, it was great how Felicity described the wolves shifting, I really felt as if I was there watching the change and the fighting going on right in front of me. The romance was equally as alluring, I was entranced and ate up the pages as if I were starved. the sexual tension jumped off the pages at you and kept you glued to them! It is definitely worth a read, and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 25 April 2013
F.e.Heaton is such an amazing writer she captures every story line in each of her books.
Nicolas New from the start that he was falling in love with Tatiana but didn't think she was in to him but she was.
on 22 June 2011
Reading this book Hunters moon, I hadnt read any of F E HEATONS books, I really enjoyed it, the story is good and once you start you cant put it down.I would recommend this book.
on 8 October 2014
I loved this one as it kept me guessing on weather they'd get together at the end. There was enough action that kept me turning those pages all the way to the end
on 23 August 2013
I read the first book of the series as it was free to download to my kindle, and now I have bought the entire series of the books, they are highly addictive :)
on 19 March 2013
I loved this book and the author is very good.
Characters are wonderful.
It had me gripped from start to finish.
Would highly recommend.