5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey - but worth it.
Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue)

About ten quid more than than other good mobiles but having read many reviews prior to purchase this seemed to tick all the boxes, and I was not disappointed.

Published on 9 Jun 2012 by Strangelybrown

3.0 out of 5 stars Most Durable of the 3 Mobiles We've Had
Published 12 months ago by Winter Mum

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey - but worth it., 9 Jun 2012
Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue)

I wanted a mobile that projected MOVING images - which this does. The noise activated start is something I never thought I would need until I got this, and now I have no idea how other people cope with non-noise (aka crying [although the hairdryer also sets it off!]) activated mobiles...gives us (well, Mum) that extra few minutes to 'prepare' for the 03.30 feed!

Only used with the rotating canopy so far due to baby's age although have tested it with the canopy off and looks great on white ceiling and am sure he will love it when older.

I have seen some reviews saying the lack of contrasting colour on the physical mobile should be greater (blues/pinks only depending on version) but to be honest this isn't an issue for me, I don't want him to be studying contrast, I want him soothed, which this mobile does.

So, as title - a bit pricey but in my opinion, worth every penny because he loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue) (Baby Product)
WOW!! Don't mind paying so much for a mobile that has many features. My baby is very fussy and wants to be held all the time and it very hard to settle especially at night when he is overtired BUT since using this mobile (granted only been 3 days) it has changed our lives! It soothes him to sleep perfectly and the only time we have to go to him is when he is done sleeping or when he needs a feed. He gets all the sleep he needs and is much happier and calmer now! I love that this produces moving images as we noticed our boy loves the TV so this is perfect for him. The songs go on for quite a while which ensures he is well and truly off to sleep. I like how the images also show up on the white mesh too and he seems to love it also. The night light doesn't really help you see or anything but it must be soothing for them to look at. I especially love how it starts the music itself when your baby starts to cry a bit, very handy and saves the parent from going back and forth to restart the music if need be. The remote control is handy too so if, like us, your baby is sleeping in your bedroom then you don't need to get out of bed to activate the lights etc if that is all that is required. Overall LOVE this mobile and would recommend it to everyone with a baby!! Wish I had one for my first baby too!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Most Durable of the 3 Mobiles We've Had, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue) (Baby Product)
After 10 months of almost (haven't always replaced the batteries as soon as they ran out) continuous use the sound has stopped working - all the other features still work though. The remote has done 10 months without a battery change but the mobile needed 2 size C Duracell batteries every 2 weeks during the 5 months when we were using all the features (sounds, light, projections, rotating toys and cry activation) and during the 5 months we have been using it without the rotating toys. We tried it with rechargables but it didn't work properly.

Easy to put together. Bought when baby was 5 weeks old and within 3 weeks he was making a noise (when visibly not distressed) seemingly to activate it. The pitch of my baby or toddler crying (or the hoover) set the mobile off but snoring, talking to baby, etc, didn't activate it.

Baby (and older children and me!) have really enjoyed the music and projections and it is the most durable mobile we've had - with my older children I had a wind up mobile and then a (now discontinued) Tiny Love one. I overwound the wind up one (oops) whilst the Tiny Love one developed an intermittant (loose wiring???) fault with the light after 6 weeks of use. After about 16 months of continuous use (went straight from 1st baby's cot to 2nd baby's cot) the Tiny Love mobile no longer had a working light or rotating toys. We kept the mobile base and the kids occasionally use it as a music box. It is over 5 and a half years old and the music still plays (and using rechargable batteries) so not all bad! And it was cheaper than the Chicco one...

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap! Tacky! expensive to run!, 18 Sep 2014
This review is from: Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue) (Baby Product)
Disgusted with this product. After having the jungle one for my daughter who is 3 and still enjoying her projector we thought we'd buy my son similar and opted for this one. However in comparison its by far poorer quality! It needs new batteries every 2 weeks (£8 for 4 C size)! Compared to my daughters which has double the amount but lasts up to 6 months! They play them once a night and my daughter even puts hers on in the day to dance too. The night light button already sticks in and only been using it for 12 weeks!!!
Do not buy this tacky product! Buy the jungle one! It takes 4 C size batteries and last 6 months compared to this product which takes 2 C size but only lasts 2 weeks :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent A+++, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue) (Baby Product)
This is the best buy ever and it's worth every penny. I absolutely love it and I am sure my baby girl will love it as well once she arrives :-). A+++

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit pricey but worth it, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue) (Baby Product)
Fantastic, my baby loves it he falls asleep looking at the ceiling with the movement and colours the music is nice too which is a bound because some of the kids musical stuff are extremely annoying! A bit more pricey than others but worth it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all that.., 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue) (Baby Product)
I was excited to buy this product as I'd never seen anything like it before. At first it was great but then the projector started jumping, I had set up a return but it seemed to rectify itself so I kept it, then the mobile part started squeaking very loudly when it spinned. It's also very sensitive and if my son accidently bumps it in the night or makes a noise in his sleep it switches on and wakes him up, defeating the purpose of it and having the remote as I have to switch it off on the mobile after he has fallen asleep. Other than those things my son enjoys watching the projector on the ceiling while having his bedtime bottle and watching the toys spin as he falls asleep. The music is quite soothing but very repetitive and can be quiet annoying, one of hear it in your sleep kind of things! My son likes it so I will keep it until it stops working but I will replace it with something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue) (Baby Product)
Highly recommend this product firstly next day delivery was great secondly my son would only settle in his bouncer (2 months old) I put him in his cot with the music an projector on and he gazed at the lights for about 5 minutes then fell to sleep what more could a single first time mum ask for wish I had got one sooner !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue) (Baby Product)
The projector if lovely as well as the songs, the sound are very calming and finish automatically after a while. The projector however eats a lot of battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Chicco Magic Star Cot Mobile (Blue) (Baby Product)
Great product. My boys love it. The auto function is excellent when the boys cry. I will recommend it to my friends.