on 28 October 2012
I needed a jigsaw, fast and cheap, for a flooring job, this surprised me, it's a neat little jigsaw, copes well with laminate flooring, so far ive used it on 6mm and 8mm thickness and it does the job of cutting it well.
on 15 May 2013
Excellent and easy to use and also great value for money.Laser line works a treat because it shows exactly were the cut is going to be.
on 5 February 2013
Used it for the first time yesterday and i was amazed how quick it works it cut a 2inch by 2inch piece of wood in seconds, it does all the work you just turn on and line it up and away you go, The laser light on it makes cutting straight lines a lot easier.

Update 01/02/2014

Using the adapter for dust collection is a MUST,just wrap some tape around it to secure it.And TURN on your hover.It won`t collect the chippings but at least you wont have any fine dust floating in your home.

I tried it both way`s with and without and i`m going with the dust collector on .

Highly recommend this product
on 1 June 2013
I don't very often write a review, but when something deserves credit it should be given, after I placed the order I noticed there was no blade included, I needn't have worried, when it arrived a blade was included, top marks to the seller.

Having tried several of these, each one gave me problems, but this one worked like a dream, just to show how good it is,
I'm 84 have one eye and a cataract on that, have to do every thing sitting down, I'm like a dog with two tails.
on 21 February 2013
Bought this item as a Christmas gift, and after having to return the first one which was damaged in transit, the recipient is delighted with the performance of this jigsaw
on 7 February 2013
Brought this for my Dads birthday. It arrived quickly so was pleased. On him opening the jigsaw on his birthday i was surprised to find that no blade at all was included. So then had to buy him so blades separately. I would have thought that it would have come with at least one blade to get started with.
on 17 July 2013
Initially I was pleased with this saw, in all but one respect. Installing a blade required a very hard push to get the latch to close. But after a little use this became a very very hard push, and now the blade doesn't go in enough to latch and lock home.

I have contacted Ironmongery Online, twice, through Amazon's email system, but have had no response. This is not acceptable. I will try calling them directly tomorrow. In the meantime I have now had to buy another jigsaw to finish my project.

Otherwise, the laser is dim, and not straight, but I didn't need that anyway so wasn't bothered and turn it off.

Not a great product if it only last for about 10 minutes of cutting.

Update 2nd August... Ironmongery Online finally responded, and offered me a repair or replacement. After reminding them of the Sale of Goods act I asked for a refund. They offered me a repair or replacement, quoting the distance selling regs as a reason I couldnt have a refund.
After reminding them of the Sale of Goods act (again) and demanding a refund I have finally been issued one through Amazon. The retailer has not contacted me to say this was happening.

Not a great product, and not a great retailer.

While I was awaiting response, I had to replace the Jigsaw in a hurry, so got a Bosch PST800, from a local shop. It is a gem to use, and worth the extra money.
on 16 July 2012
This was a gift for a family member who raved about it, so it obviously does the job well. Happy customer!
on 22 December 2015
I bought this Jigsaw because of its many features to cut out the hob and sink holes in 40mm laminated worktops. I wish I had used my 30 year old Black and Decker one or even just a wood saw because it destroyed my worktop! The Laser was a complete waste of time as the Jigsaw had to be held at 30' to cut a straight line, but worst than that after a 600mm cut the blade had wandered off course underneath by 15mm in a 40mm thick worktop leaving nothing to clamp the hob to. This happened on all four sides and I only became aware of it when the cut piece wouldn't drop out because it was still attached in the corners! It may well be OK for up to 10mm thick wood but don't use it for anything thicker. I returned it and got a full refund after showing them the worktop cut out.......you get what you pay for!!
PS/ I was using Silverline blades too.
on 10 February 2014
The old adage "Buy cheap, buy twice" was proved right when I bought this. As it's only for DIY I thought something basic would do. But unfortunately it tries to do too much - and none of it well. The blade was set off-centre, so even cutting with a parallel glide it veered left. The laser beam was set 2mm off the cut as well, so no use at all. I returned it for a refund.

See one answered question