on 19 October 2012
All in all, a good product.

I've been using the bell for about a month now and am happy with the purchase.

The bell is a bit cheap in construction but good for the price. It is of the classic lever action type with a nice dring-ring sound rather than the single ping of other bells. I wanted something that made a bit more noise than just "ping" for use when commuting and for that it works well. It was very easy to fit and went on my mountain bike handlebars no problem.

A few minor problems: Initially it did take a little bit of adjusting before the ring resonated properly - some WD40 to free up the lever motion and lifting up the cap slightly made a huge difference. The cap does come off completely if you pull it up too hard, but is easily put back again, and despite being in London, no-one has walked off with it yet... Additionally the rain does seem to get in easily (I store my bike outside when at home) and I noticed that the spring inside is showing some signs of rust, but, again given how cheap it is, this doesn't bother me too much.

If you are looking for a simple, low cost but classic sounding bell then I would recomend this one!
on 17 April 2012
Bought as a birthday present and does exactly what it should it was very reasonably priced too, and arrived promptly, I would definitely recommend.
on 31 May 2012
There comes a time in your life (I believe) that sometimes you just want something that does the job - no bells or whistles (forget the pun) and is relatvely inexpensive. This is it - it's a bell, it fits on a bike and it makes a ringing sound when people cross the road without looking! I'm happy
on 30 July 2012
Not the greatest quality but perfect for the price. Pedestrians can finally hear me when I ring behind them! Thanks.
on 19 January 2013
Nice little shiny product that looks shy but boy once you ring that bell, it definitely gets the attention of the entire street. Absolutely love the product, didn't take me long to assemble and it fit round my handle bar well and its nice and cheap as well. Would highly recommend!
on 5 December 2013
I've bought several new bikes over the years for family members and they always come with "pinger" style bells that never work. This bell is cheap and does exactly what is required -- a decent bell sound. Great value.
on 16 March 2013
Item came on time which was greatly appreciated HOWEVER the quality was less than poor. The internal mechanism is of the poorest quality making the bell not fit for purpose. I would avoid this product in the future.
on 27 September 2012
Pros: excellent sound and great price
Cons: the bracket does not fit the handle-bar of my road bike as it is too small. I have to put the bell around its neck instead
on 17 July 2014
Nobody gets in my little boy's way with this bell on his bike, easy to fit to handle bars great bargain.
on 17 October 2013
It's a total waste of time and money. It doesnt work. It's made of the worst plastic you could imagine.