Colour Name: Rasta|Change
Price:£9.99 - £31.87

on 16 June 2014
I wanted a pair of comfortable, good sounding headphones I could use on a long haul flight without costing the earth. I went into my local electrical superstore and tested 5 different brands in the same on ear design. I had to keep going back to these latest Lowriders as a reference point for the others, including a set costing £145 B@se!! Firstly, these latest Lowriders have a single cable including one button play/pause/end/answer/mic with removable jack, so cable replacement is easy. The build quality is surprisingly good and very lightweight, although care may need to be exercised with the headband hinge at the top. The earpads are covered over, unlike the earlier 2.0 Lowriders that are hollow. They are extremely comfortable to wear with no pressure on the head or ears. That was box number 1 ticked. The sound is awesome and shocked me how good they really sound plugged directly into my phone. They have deep firm bass that does not overpower or roll. Warm, detailed mids and clear non sibilant highs with very pleasant vocals. They are closed back and even though they are not noise cancelling, they do reduce outside noise quite significantly and do NOT leak sound which is important sitting 3 abreast on a plane! I have Senn 650's for home use with a quality amplifier, so I know what good sound is. These latest Lowriders just knocked me sideways with disbelief with their presentation of sound. There is excellent stereo crossover, but I wouldn't call it soundstage as for one thing, they are closed back, but nonetheless it is compelling to listen to. I could definitely wear these for hours and enjoy all genres ofmusic on them. If you can get the chance to try before you buy like I did, be prepared to swallow your pride and admit that they are superior to similar style cans up to 4 times more expensive! Im even thinking of a buying a second pair in another colour. I would have given 5 stars, but they come in the box with lead and no case or pouch, but I got a hard case on an auction site for £4, so ain't complaining.
on 5 March 2012
These headphones at first feel and sound excellent. But after a few weeks of use the pattern will start to fade and scratch off. Also after a few months of using these the sound quality has became very poor and sound jumps from one side to the other. An ok product for indoor use but can't seem to handle the wear and tear of being out side.
on 23 December 2011
Great headphones, very comfortable. I can where them for very long periods without any discomfort, unlike in ear ones!
They're exactly as described, well put together and light to wear.0
on 30 October 2011
Very good headphones, considering how much they cost. They feel comfortable upon wearing and you can have them on for hours. Great sound quality, overall i'd say that i am quite happy with' em.
on 7 May 2016
Wasn't expecting much when I ordered this one, but to my surprise they are definitely worth praising.
I was looking for a cheap but reputed headphones, stumbled upon these quite a few times but ignored them due to the very low price tag. Finally ordered them considering the fact that its only £9.88 (Blue n Copper) and its a very reputed brand, so even if they don't sound good or look good it won't matter a lot.
I selected the standard delivery, ordered on thursday and it was supposed to come on monday, but, amazing service by the suppliers and Amazon, it got delivered the very next day, i.e. on friday itself.
The headphones look stunning, if not too so premium but they are well build, perfect finishing and a very nice matt blue smooth texture. Plugged in straight away to my iPod and the first song I tested was a very low sounding heavy bass track (a bollywood one) and it sounded very well. Its well tuned and the bass and trebble are both synced well. The padding on earcups look a bit dismantled but the effect on ear is comforting as opposed to the hollows ones with whom our ears stay confused about positioning the cups around the ears or over them and even partially on both the positions and thus the struggle irritates much. Hence the padding in these ones are nice to ears so the ears just concentrate on the music and not the position of the earcups. Hence to sum up, here are the pros and cons:
Pros-
1. Brand name (so don't worry about people staring at them)
2. Smooth matt finish
3. Detachable cord (but not wireless playback)
4. Collapsible
5. Well tuned
6. Comfortable to head
7. Comfortable to ears

Cons-
1. Too many delicate hinges (pulls hair if you're careless)
2. Padding cloth looks cheap and dismantled
3. Band size is small, although extendible, but it should have been able to fit a normal adult head without extending. (Personal opinion, and I pull two levels to get these positioned)

Overall, I'm pleased that i tried these. It's worth playing with your £10. You won't regret it.
on 27 March 2016
Really happy with this purchase! so far I'vbe had absolutely no trouble with these at all. Came very quickly (about 2-3 days) in good,solid packaging. Works very well and I believe the sound quality is very good. I love the fact that I can fold this away to put in my back and also detach the wire. The only reason I put 4 stars and not 5, Is that I feel like these may be slightly delicate (due to the folding feature) and should be taken care of, additionaly the remote did not work with my phone (an android) but thats not a major issue. Overall I absolutely love these and think they're the perfect fashion statement/ functional headphones I've bought- and for such a cheap price!
review image review image review image
Colour Name: Pink|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was never a fan of over the head headphones as i didnt think they could give me the same quality or loudness as my in-ear bud headphones.

How wrong i was on this occasion.

These are absolutely brilliant.

Bass is perfect and boy are they loud, in fact i tested them on my ipod and put the volume on max and put my tv on 100 which is the loudest you can get and i couldn't hear the tv.

My bf came into the room and was shouting at me and i couldn't hear him at all.

Fabulous.

Plus they come in a really funky pink colour and its not as bright as the picture they are more of a deeper darker pink but it was nice.

The only things i found that were wrong with them was that they tend to slip off your head, i found the trick is to place the band further on the back of your head, near the crown and they dont fall off, i did try and make them with a bit of headbanging but they stayed in place.

Also the mic feature is really good, i plugged it into my Sony Xperia J and phoned a few people and they could hear me crystal clear with no interference.

Tried them out on my laptop and they were fantastic, very loud and clear.

Small problem though when plugged into my ipod classic the button doesn't control my music at all, wont play, pause, skip to next track, absolutely nothing and also i plugged it into my phone and i have the exact same problem.

On my phone however, it will pause the song and play it but will not select the next track, highly annoying but i found that it did not interfere with my entire views on them.

I had them plugged in for 8 hours straight today and to be honest my ears started to hurt and so had to take them off but i think that would be the same with any headphones.

I was very impressed and am now going to buy a separate pair in the athletic purple as that is my fav colour.
on 18 June 2016
My requirements: I needed a headphone for travelling and sports use.

I already had a bigger Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 which has impressive sound, but it was too big for travelling on planes and train and too big for sports. I wanted headphones with superior sound quality like the Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 but in a smaller package.

I did consider clip-on headphones, such as those from Phillips, Panasonic or Sony (retractable), there were n't any in local store to try them out. I took a gamble on the Skullcandy Low Rider (2014), as I already had the Hesh 2.0 and I knew the sort of sound I could expect.

The headphone are lightweight for travel about 98grams, but also portable and and can be fold (Tip: to fold. you need to "extend" the headphone otherwise it will not collapse). I can use them for sports.

Sound quality: The sound quality is excellent, but not to the level as the bigger SkullCandy Hesh 2, but for a small package this headphone is very good. The cable also has a microphone, which is great when connected to the phone.

I am not a fan of in-ear headphones. I think they are unhygienic. Nor did I want to buy bluetooth headphone, as I worry about health concerns.

I often wear a cap, when doing sports, but I found that I had to put the headphones over my cap. (rather then underneath my cap). Also, if I had sunglasses then it does not clash with my headphone. If I wear the headphones over my cap, putting the headphone under my cap is not comfortable.

TIP: Before buying headphones, try out the sample headphone in the store.There are a lot of expensive headphones, which change the way the music is heard. So it is important to choose your headphones correctly. For me the SkullCandy Hesh 2.0 was my favourite. This is why I bought the Lowrider. There are other headphone brand which get good reviews, but I think this is entirely dependent on the sort of music you listen to. So bring a phone with your favourite music. I like the SkullCandy Heash 2.0, as I could hear the 'detail' in the music and a lot of clarity.

The sound is not to the same standard as the Hesh 2.0, however, for a portable headphone it is very good.

Recommended.
on 17 June 2016
I've owned two pairs of SkullCandy Lowriders before, and these ones are by far superior in a few ways:
My previous ones were great, however I have had to buy two of them before as they both broke (after a couple of years each, mind you) due to the stress on the cable being wrapped around the headphones so many times, being yanked off my head etc etc. The detachable cable idea is a very clever solution and will prevent these problems in the future, I'm sure.
My other Lowriders were over-ear; a deceptive description firstly as you'd have to be a pixie for them to fit around your ears, and uncomfortable to wear after long periods of time. The benefit this model has of the on-ear variant with the "pillows" is two-fold - much better noise cancellation from the outside for one, and also it's like having a pair of fuzzy clouds draped over your head. It's lovely. I've been wearing them for about 2 hours and forgot they were there after 10 minutes.
Compared to my old model, these feel much better built to last even longer than the other ones - the adjustable headband needs a little more oomph to pull apart, which is a plus; you don't feel like they'll fall off your head accidentally, and the hinges used to fold the headphones away are sturdier too - the old ones flopped about.
Now to the sound - the important bit! The band Imagine Dragons song "Radioactive" has single-handedly destroyed bass woofers of headphones past, but these seem to withstand it well. It's pretty much the bass-iest song I know of, and I use it as the proving grounds test of bass for any new audio hardware. As advertised, the mids and hi levels by contrast are absolutely crystal-clear whether you're listening to the pumping of trance synths, the crooning of the Crash Test Dummies or the tinkling of Chopin.

If you're still not convinced, you might need to wait a few decades for the technology to be invented. Happy Listening!
on 27 January 2016
I've been looking for a pair of on ear headphones as I want comfort and have had enough of earbuds. I also don't want to spend a fortune so these seemed like a good starting point.

Although they were only £15, they feel much better quality. They're light without being too flimsy and don't feel like they'll fall apart anytime soon. The headband adjustment is reassuringly tight and you get a definite click on each setting. they've not slipped once while set and the headband itself is comfortable to wear for a few hours. The earpads also twist on the
The earpads are also comfortable despite being foam; I thought they may be a little irritating but again, for the cost, they're fine.

The matt black finish looks great and along with the small logo on the side, makes these understated but still good looking (I'm not one for massive branding to show off what I'm using/ wearing).

The cable itself is long enough to allow for plenty of movement without yanking the plug out and the inline remote is useful. As with most headphone of this brand, the remote has the usual stop, pause, next etc functionality but it's missing volume up/down controls which is a big miss. You still need to remove your device from your pocket so kind of negates a lot of the other remote functions.

The headphones fold up which is useful but there is no clip or catch to hold them together which would have helped. A case would also do the trick but to expect a carry case at this price point isn't really realistic.

The sound itself is brilliant. They go more than loud enough to be heard clearly when used in a busy, loud environment even though they're not noise cancelling and there doesn't seem to be any distortion when listening to more bass heavy tracks. Vocals come through rich and clear too. They may seem better as I'm used to using ear buds but I'm more than happy with the performance of these headphones.

Finally, the fact that there is only one cable is a really nice detail; means you don't get the dreaded headphone-cable-knot-of-death that takes hours to unravel every time you put them down.

I would definitely recommend these if you're looking for a budget pair of headphones.