5.0 out of 5 stars Great Television
Bought this TV from Amazon after checking out a lot of other retailers and had actually decided to go for the TX-P42G30B when I saw this one.

It has now replaced a 6 year old Sony Bravia 40 Inche LCD TV and the difference in picture quality, even on standard Digital TV is hard to believe.
The colours are fantastic the reds are really RED!!, and the yellows...
Published on 15 May 2011 by Mr. Tommy O'Neill

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
Ive owned other Panasonic tv's and always found them to be excellent so i was really surprised with the picture quality from this set.
Motion isnt dealt with well at all and there was lots of blurring and streaking. On HD channels image quality is ok but standard def is really poor.
I allowed 100 hours running in time as per the AV forums to ensure the tv had...
Published on 5 Sept. 2011 by Big Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Aug. 2014
Mr. David Knowles (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic TX-P42U30B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 600Hz Plasma TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
Brilliant television the full HD gives a brilliant picture on all Sky Channels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 22 April 2011
Total steal at this price (I actually got it cheaper else where)

Amazing pq, amazing blacks, Easy to set up, Amazing tv.

Buy now

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
Great service and product

2.0 out of 5 stars very reflective due to shiny panel, 11 May 2011
Mr. Mark Fisher (Aldridge Walsall) - See all my reviews
First of all this is not a gripe mearly a observation and it may help people interested in this product deside if they have there tv close to a window.

I bought this not from here but a reputable online retailer and was looking forward to sitting down and watching a premium product. but I was shocked at the reflective value of this tv so much it spoilt my viewing experience and the tv's going back.

so please consider the placement of the tv before buying

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 22 April 2012
Picture quality is good as is sound, but the quality of components is shoddy. The reason I bought this was to replace a previous version of the Panasonic. My first one's HDMI ports lasted 3 months then stopped working. Panasonic repaired it; it then lasted another 2 years before the HDMI ports again died. So my replacement, this one, was fine until now; 11 months old and...the HDMI ports have stopped working. I'll get this fixed within guarentee but I know I've only got another year or so before I again have the expense of replacing the TV.

This time I'll not be going for another poor quality Panasonic.

Avoid Panasonic TVs

2.0 out of 5 stars Great but murky image, 25 Jun. 2011
Michael J. Davies "Creosote" (England) - See all my reviews
Purchased this largely on the reviews here at Amazon.

Awesome service by Amazon, ordered mid afternoon and it arrived 10am the following morning!
Easy to setup, nice solid build quality, was very pleased, until I started using it.
The picture while clear had a slight cast to it, hard to describe, almost a brownish cast that made the image look murky and lacking any real brilliance, for example viewing a program about sea fishing in the tropics what should have been deep blue sea and sky, bright colours and attractive just looked flat and dull.
Spent hours using the setup controls, visiting AV forums for suggestions etc, but no matter what I did the image just wasnt attractive to look at.
I suspect that this may be a calibration issue that could have been fixable within the service menu, but I wasnt going to touch that as it would invalidate any guarantees, and I wasnt going to pay an addition lump of money for a TV calibration engineer to fix what should have not require dto be fixed.
So had no option that to return it to Amazon, which again was an easy, fast and pleasant experience.

I have confidence that this is a good product and that I either had a faulty one, or one that was sent out with poor calibration. But given that its two days off work to receive and return an item I wasnt prepared to take the risk again on this product and will order a different TV.

2.0 out of 5 stars Take care - Green Screen!, 16 July 2011
Mr. E. F. Eaborn "hifiguy" (hifiguy) - See all my reviews
This is a good TV for the price, nothing in my view beats Plasma by Panasonic, as yet. (OLED is coming...) The problem for me is not the ON performance which is very good but the look of the screen when the TV is OFF - it is green /grey shiny glass and very reflective in a well lit room (like old CRT screens) - I had to return mine (used in home office) as I could see myself both when watching or not watching the set! Clearly this model doesnt have black Anti-Reflective coating or the look of more expensive sets...also it has a blue logo at the base of the screen that looks odd and out of context...

Amazon should show pictures of TVs when in OFF state and perhaps comment on screen coatings in the spec. They refunded me with no questions - well done Amazon. My tip is : If you want to see a black looking screen when TV is off, dont buy this model. If that doesn't bother you , its a good buy. If it does then I suggest you spend a bit more and go for G30B (or GT 30 if you want 3D) ...but make sure you are happy by seeing it in a store first...Happy viewing...!

1.0 out of 5 stars panasonic tx-p42u30b, 25 Dec. 2011
big problem, son cant get his xbox 360 working on it through hdmi cable. tried everything he can think of but only this tv will not give any xbox picture or sound. very disappointed.I wonder if anyone else has same problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead on arrival, 18 Sept. 2011
Unfortunately I cannot make any comment on performance.

Followed all instructions to the letter; then upon switching it on just got a white flash from the bottom of the set by the stand.

My son later notices cracks in the glass.

If we decide to keep the replacement it seems a definite candidate for a 3 year warranty ...........

One star to date, will update after we see how Amazon perform.