5.0 out of 5 stars Great Television
Bought this TV from Amazon after checking out a lot of other retailers and had actually decided to go for the TX-P42G30B when I saw this one.

It has now replaced a 6 year old Sony Bravia 40 Inche LCD TV and the difference in picture quality, even on standard Digital TV is hard to believe.
The colours are fantastic the reds are really RED!!, and the yellows...
Published on 15 May 2011 by Mr. Tommy O'Neill

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
Ive owned other Panasonic tv's and always found them to be excellent so i was really surprised with the picture quality from this set.
Motion isnt dealt with well at all and there was lots of blurring and streaking. On HD channels image quality is ok but standard def is really poor.
Published on 5 Sep 2011 by Big Matt

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Jun 2011
M. Tennant "MGT" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic TX-P42U30B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 600Hz Plasma TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
After looking for a new TV, not to replace an old Viera, but for a 2nd room, we had looked at the standard 32" LCD and LED tv's. To get similar spec to the 42" plasma it was a significant jump in price. The image on blu-ray is crisp and clear, and on normal terrestrial tv input its good too. Was also dead easy to wall mount where it is commanding :). Great TV for the price!

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 5 Sep 2011
Big Matt (Manchester England) - See all my reviews
I allowed 100 hours running in time as per the AV forums to ensure the tv had settled but it really wasnt very good at all.
It may be that i got a bad set but its rocked my faith in the brand (especially at this price point).
Amazon were simply great about it and a full refund was issued so no problems there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Plasma TV, 23 May 2011
I had researched for about 2 weeks trying to decide what TV to buy (LCD/Plasma). Upon deciding Plasma, since it was best for my needs (Gaming, HD quality), I searched for one in my budget (£400 - £450). I am very careful with my money since I'm only 15 I don't get much so I had to find the best otherwise I knew I would regret it! When I saw this, I tried to do some research on it. It is a 2011 so I couldn't find much information on it. But I took a gamble on it as I knew I could return it if it was bad. But I don't need to return it, it's amazing.

First off, the HD on this TV is fantastic. The picture looks so crisp and detailed it's great. The colours are very natural, which is to be expected from a plasma. And the Blacks are, well... Black! Blu-rays on this are fantastic so if you're a film lover, this is a great TV.

Second, gaming on it is great. All the colours are great and games, such as Battlefield, are very detailed and realistic. A little problem I have found is that there are a few Jaggies on some lines but since this is a 42" 1080p Plasma, that is to be expected. I also sit relatively close to the TV so that doesn't help! It handles motion very well. In fact, whilst playing FIFA (football), I went right up to the TV and watched the ball as it was being kicked around and there was no motion blur what-so-ever!

Lastly, the SD is very good. I don't watch much SD TV so I won't be able to give a big review on this but from what I can tell, it's great. I've watched a couple of shows in SD and they look fine.

So, all in all, this is a fantastic TV for the money. It's easy to set up, easy to get a good picture and once you get a good picture, it's great. It comes with BBC one HD, ITV 1 HD and BBC HD installed and a load of other SD channels so all you need to do is plug in your aerial and the rest is done for you.

Thanks for reading ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TX-P50U30B, 30 Jan 2012
I'd been looking for a large screen TV for some time, and wanted a Panasonic due to my mum and dad always having them. My mum and dad have a 37" LCD, and my sister and brother in law have a 42" LCD. I knew i wanted to go bigger, even though my living room is smaller than both my mums and sisters, due to the fact that i'm an avid movie watcher.

Having done some research, and discounting a 3D and Smart TV (i'd never use the full functionality), i settled on the TX-P50U30B after reading many positive reviews. The price was just in budget too, once i'd found it on Amazon.

When i recieved it and set it up, it took some getting used to the size, it replacing my minisule 32" Panasonic LCD (now relegated to the bedroom!), but i am really happpy with the picture and the unit in general.

The sound is ok, but i run it through my home cinema set up, which is far better than any TV could offer by itself.

Overall, it's a great TV for the price and i'm very happy with the purchase. Perhaps next time i buy a TV, 3D and Smart functionality will be 'old hat' and some new fangled features will be here, who knows, but i'm sure this 50" Panasonic Plasma will serve me well for a number of years.

My only minor criticism is that you can't swivel the TV on its stand, like my 32" LCD, but it's not so important as the view from any angle is excellent, no doubt helped by the sheer size of the thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product - Diabolic Support, 4 Dec 2011
The item arrived with the usual Amazon speed and efficiency. Set-up was straight forward with no problems for which Panasonic are renowned. I have replaced my Toshiba 32" (18 months old), which has served well, simply because of size upgrade after moving. I had hoped to plug my Laptop into this new model via HDMI as on the Toshiba but it would not work. I emailed Panasonic for help. I received a reply weeks later apologising for the delay but with no answer to my questions. In the meantime I purchased a WD Live box which has solved most of my requirements.
As to the treatment by Panasonic I cannot say it is the norm or not. Fingers cross I never need guarantee service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic TV, 5 Sep 2011
C. M. French - See all my reviews
I've been using this TV for a few weeks now, so feel ready to write a review.

Coming from watching a Loewe 26" HD ready 720p LCD TV to this 42", full 1080p HD, plasma TV, I feel like a short sighted person being given glasses for the first time!

I can now see things, I haven't been able to see before, thanks to bigger screen size and higher levels of detail/resolution.

The picture quality has become more lifelike and natural, apparently due to the far higher contrast ratio, of a plasma screen compared to my old LCD screen.

Standard definition (576p) Sky broadcasts and DVDs look very good; Sky high definition (1080i) broadcasts look great, but blu ray high definition DVDs (1080p) are breathtakingly beautiful in their detail, movement, contrast and lifelike colours.

Thank you Amazon, fellow reviewers and of course Panasonic for making me aware of the plasma option and at such a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Plasma tx-p42u30b tv, 26 Aug 2011
I ordered this TV at 9pm on Tuesday and opted for the free delivery service and it arrived on Thursday, of the same week, via City Link at 12pm. Absolutely amazing considering it was a 3-5 day delivery service. I am really impressed with Amazon's service. As for the TV I am totally blown away by the quality of the picture. It has replaced a 9 year old 32in Philips CRT Tv, that was on its way out, bless it. I love the new Panasonic, I did a lot of research before deciding to buy it and it suits my needs, which is mostly watching movies and some tv programs. The HD channels, especially BBC2 wildlife programs, are fantastic. The colours are very realistic, depth of field is brilliant and detail stunning. This is an excellent TV for the price, far better and more engrossing than LCD or LED who's colours seem to be over blown and waxy. Buy this tv you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding TV for a good price, 15 Aug 2011
A R Hartley "Monkey" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have been searching high and low for a while now for an affordable plasma TV to replace my Toshiba LCD.
The important thing for me was 1080p HD, i have a Panasonic Blu-ray and an Xbox360, both are designed for 1080p to get the best from them. Whilst my LCD would look great at 1080i, it still wasnt getting the best out of what i had.

It was also important for me to get something that will last, now Panasonic are one of the leaders in home cinema, read any critics review and they stand above all other brands on build quality and overall performance, and this does not let them down one bit.

Now comparing this directly with my Toshiba LCD, the difference is already there to see, for a start the contrast is great, the blacks have depth and shades compared to the LCD which look just plain black. The motion is also miles better due to the 600Mhz subdrive, compared to the 100Mhz LCD. This is realy important for gaming and sports, the high mhz means less ghosting, in fact you wont see any ghosting on this set, its awesome!.

Another big bonus for this set and all Panasonics, is the fast menu system, its easy to navigate and responsive, the Toshiba was awfull when trying to go through settings, especially the freeview guides which were a nightmare, but this is fast and fluid.

I realy cannot fault this set for the price, although one word of advice, if you are getting this for Blu-rays and HD content like consoles etc, do not fall for the cheaper model, the P42C3 set, it is only 1080i and you will be not getting the best out of your devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 9 Aug 2011
This is great. Easy to set up straight from the box, but would expect no less these days. A couple of mins to let the telly tune itself and that was all it took to get going. Tones are a bit more mute than on last telly, but that's for me to adjust to. Only annoying feature so far is delay in channel guide appearing after pressing the button, and you can't watch current channel whilst browsing for a new one.
Very pleased with this product, highly recommended at the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recently bought one...things to know, 28 July 2011
I recently bought one of these plasma Panasonic Tvs 42 inch this model and I had actually bought a week before another and returned it....The initial TV was a Toshiba from Amazon. It was a cheap 40 INch Toshiba and the picture was horific.
NOW THIS PANASONIC is much better I mean much better. When I was upset with the quality of the Toshiba...I thought you messed up here mate you need to find out what went wrong. I did a lot of reseach and I eman a lot...The reason the LED I previous had was rubbish was a few factors one it had a response time of 8 yes eight this new Panasonic is .001ms the lower the response rate the better quality the pciture...so got for a sub zero response rate like this TV is about 0.001
Then of course you have the HZ the toshiba was 50hz this Panasonic is 600 HZ sub frame again this will change the quality of your picture. ALL HD and Standard Digital is sent out in 50Hz but this Panasonic splits the picture into 600 sub frame. Its easy to think when you get it that its only showing 50 HZ but its converting in sub frame. So what is HZ about well recall those flick books you had when a kid you know a book you flicked and it created a moving picture this is the same 50 HZ is like having 50 pages to flick but 600 sub frame is like flicking 600 pages.A better picture....to be honest you only get these higher sub frames and repsonse rations with PLASMA.....finally two facts about Plasma...they are better than LED and LEC much better BUT do not put stereo speakers near the TV if you have a stereo or another piece of equipement that has seperate speakers dont put them near a plasma tv or else in time you will see gaps appear either side of your screen finally dont place the PLASMA tv near HOT central heating pipes as the heat will crate a radon effect and dry up the PLASMA inside the screen. If you avoid putting seperate speakers near a PLASMA TV and also dont locate it backing onto a central heating output then you will have a TV that is better than others and lasts many years. This PANASONIC is the best picture really good. Also remember it has one scart but two hdmi. I have an old sky digit box. I scart the digit to my DVD and then scart my dvd to my TV. Remember also that as of yet you can record HD tv but when you play back recorded HD singals you only get a SD picture....as of you there is no availability to record HD Programmes to say a DVD and then say transfer onto a disk and expect when you play the disk back to get HD you wont you'll just get SD (Standard Digital). So there is no need to recorded HD from the TV if you have sky your better recording it from that to your DVD and also some sky HD boxes have the availabilty for you to record sky hd but you will notice that some hd wont let you transfer to a disk or it will allow you say to do it once or twice dependant on the HD signals coded preferences and allowances. Hope that helps bye RosemaryPanasonic TX-P42U30B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 600Hz Plasma TV with Freeview HD

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›