Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 26 March 2013
Given the extremely low cost of the item it would seem very unfair to be too critical. I can't add much to the other reviews which seem rather unfair in criticising what is an expanded list with the key features and as such, to me, an excellent way of providing a skeleton and contextual frame and overall picture for revision of more detailed past study or for selection of a period or subject for more detailed investigation and fact gathering. I am at the later stages of my life with lots of detailed knowledge picked up over my life of many of the items summarized so helpfully (for me) and set in a timeline which is far from clearly held in my mind.
That is precisely why I was so pleased to get something a bit cleaner than most free sources of such info.. but as a bargain price.
I can't comment on the absolute accuracy but equally have found no glaring inaccuracies. I have also picked up areas that I was completely unaware of for further investigation and uncovering our own ignorance is surely why we study anything or bother to read in the first place ? I consider it an excellent buy that provides precisely what I was seeking.
on 31 January 2013
This book is meant as a reference to give time and events on specific dates, it is not a novel but is essential for someone who is maybe involved in history. For such a student this is a valuable source of information.
on 17 April 2013
Very useful for a quick reference and easy to navigate . Complements the Timeline of the World . Recommend both Kindle versions , useful to have facts to hand in compact form .
on 20 January 2013
If you are into History and Dates this is for you .
I would have given it 5 stars if it had a little more detail .
on 19 May 2014
This kindle book is is to read, simple and straight to the point. There are no frills and no extras; it's just full of facts. I cannot confirm or deny the accuracy of the records and can only assume, without double-checking every snippet of historic information, that the information is spot-on. Either way it's interesting and a good reference book to have on my kindle.
I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in Britain's past, but doesn't want or need a tome of ten zillion words, and to anyone who needs a quick reference for research purposes.
on 8 May 2014
Good overall, but slightly difficult to read and follow events which I expect from timelines. Still good value and worth buying if interested in British history.
on 25 August 2014
A very good reference book for history.
on 26 February 2015
could be more detailed
on 10 April 2013
It is a reference book! You read it through and tell me. (I'm too busy trying to think up another eight words)