5.0 out of 5 stars Great space saver.
Published on 16 May 2011 by K. Milton

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost great
The kitchen tools I like, so far there seems to be one tool for each of my requirements. However, the carousel is beyond useless. Surely it should have some testing before it's released to market.

Published on 12 Mar 2012 by Mitz

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost great, 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Elevate Carousel Gift Set, 6 Piece - Multi Colour (Kitchen & Home)

The carousel looks the part and the tools look good on the carousel but if a tool or carousel encounters a minor glance or knock one or more of the tools fall from the carousel. A VERY poor design that I'm sure my 5yr old could have bettered. Not what I've come to expect from Joseph Joseph.

1.0 out of 5 stars Look great, BUT...., 4 Jun 2012
...beware! Lets be honest 40 for utensils is a little extravegant however, they look lovely in my kitchen until I did three important things

1.Move the carousel. The utensils don't stay on it, knock one ladle slightly and all they all fall off. VERY ANNOYING.

2.They are not heat proof! I have a few melted bits on coloured parts of the handles. This I find simply ridiculous.

3.Don't use them to stir anything with turmeric or colours in it as they stain! The very reason I wanted black ones was so they wouldn't do this.

All in all, buy yourself some cheaper ones as they will do the same but not look as good. OR buy these if you have no intention on actually using them.

Nice to look at, not cook with.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gutted!, 8 Dec 2013
Bought for me by my daughter, I was delighted with this set as I love JJ products! However, despite enjoying the bright, funky look, and only after trying to use it for months, I have finally given up!

It clearly needs to live within reach of the hob, which in my kitchen is on a peninsular unit with plenty of space around it. However, in a busy, working kitchen, I have found it impossible to stop the utensils constantly falling off of the carousel. If one gets knocked, they all cascade off.

Whilst I find it quite ridiculous to use material for handles which cannot stand up to the heat if rested on the side of a pan, I can live with that, and have retrained myself to rest them on the work surface, after all that's what the 'elevation' is all about, but having read other comments about discolouration of the 'working ends', I use older trusted tools if using spices. So annoying that this is necessary.

Serious cooks should be thinking about the food they are preparing, not being ultra careful of their utensils or chasing them across the work top to this extent! Life is too short to be continually frustrated and irritated by something used every day, so this carousel has to go!

I understand that JJ have improved the design on a later production which is just gutting - it doesn't help my daughter who pushed the boat out to get me these!

3.0 out of 5 stars Style over substance, 7 Feb 2012
Bob (Brighton) - See all my reviews
The utensils look really bright and modern. I was extremely pleased with my purchase when they arrived. I have now used them for 1month and so can give a better assessment. They still look as good as new and I have had no problems with them being stained or damaged through cooking or dishwasher use. The little stand on their handles is a good gimmick. I personally wouldn't lie wet or dirty utensils directly on my worktop anyway and so this stand hasn't made any difference to me. The main negative point is that the utensils aren't actually very practical for every day use. Three or four of the utensils I have stopped using and have instead started to reuse my old set. For example, the Joseph ladle, spoon and perforated spoon are not very big and much smaller than my old, standard sized set. Also, there is a small spatula which I can't imagine ever using. Basically, my old set which I consider to be of a standard size and design, is much more practical in use. So, in my eyes it is a simple choice between style or substance. In hindsight i would have chosen another set. I strongly recommend that you view the product in a shop before buying it on line so that you can make your own mind up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 8 Sep 2011
Treated myself to this product with some birthday money. Very colourful and cheerful in my kitchen. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with performance. One utensil already has a melted area from touching the edge of my frying pan. I would expect more heat resistance from an expensive product like this!

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, not great to use., 17 Feb 2012
Mrs. T. C. Tilley "Tracey" (Wales,UK.) - See all my reviews
I love the look of this set. The colours are great and it looks funky.
But, in use they have problems. The carousel is on my kitchen worktop and the slightest touch makes at least 2 of the utensils fall off.
Also, when the spoon is in a saucepan, if you lift the pan from cooker to plate, the spoon flips up as the handle is weighted. So I got sweet and sour sauce flying up in the air and the spoon backward somersaulted to the floor. Also as another reviewer mentioned, they stain. Curry especially makes them take on a brown tinge.Not a total waste of 40 but a regrettable one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite expensive and not at all practical, 6 Feb 2012
I eventually gave in to temptation to buy this because it is so attractive but I wish I had saved my money. The tools fall off the stand so easily,as someone else reported; it is absolutely infuriating. The assortment of tools could have been much more useful and they are not very heatproof. Not exactly ideal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great space saver., 16 May 2011
K. Milton "treefern" (surrey, uk) - See all my reviews
I really like Joseph Joseph products, so I might be a bit biased! The tools are very good, very sturdy, they are precisely balanced so that they don't touch your work surface when you put them down after use. Two very small niggles, one tool has discoloured slightly after stirring a curry ( the turmeric I think) and if you rotate the carousel to fast the tools tend to fall of.
But I would still recommend the carousel because the tools are such a great design:-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful addition to the kitchen, 27 Mar 2014
I bought these as I'm trying to brighten up my kitchen a bit. The elevate handles are great for sticking them down on the side and not having to worry about it.
I use the solid and slotted spoon daily, they've been going in the dishwasher for months now with no problems. Unlike other people I've also had no problems with them on the stand, it's seems sturdy enough.

The downside of them is that you can't leave them in the pan leaving against the side, I managed to melt the handle of one slightly.
The ladle can also be a bit messy because the shape means that the liquid ends up running down to the handle sometimes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish, but with an annoying design flaw, 8 Jun 2013
This looks great, and the individual ladels, etc. are all great quality. However the holder is very poorly designed. The prongs for holding each item are very short & flat, and contain no ridges, which means if you so much as sneeze near the carousel, several of the items will fall off of it. Sounds kinda minor, but when you have pick them up at least once a day it gets more & more annoying. Mine have all ended up in a drawer now, which really of defeats the purpose of buying this carousel in the first place.