Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.09

on 21 March 2011
I do not write many reviews, but I felt compelled to share my views on this album.

Now I must admit beforehand that I've been awaiting this album for a long time, and secretly expected to be disappointed after the disaster that was "Yours Truly". After this, Marsha had a lot to answer to, and in her latest offering she silences her critics and so much more!!

Late Nights & Early Mornings is an exquisite body of work, and shows off the best of Marsha's unbelievably soulful and emotional vocals that we all loved her for as one half of Floetry.

Not only were her vocals amazing on this album, but the production is of the highest order. I'm was truly amazed by Marsha's production skills, along with a great choice of contributing producers including Just Blaze who lays down on of the stand-out tracks on the album.

Favourites include: With You, Far Away, I Want You To Stay.

The whole album just flows.

Her cover of the classic Portishead track 'Sour Times', and the remix of Butterflies did feel slightly strange but fit in well with the album.

Thank you Marsha, you've finally cured me of my desire for Floetry to re-group!

No question about it - 5 stars!
on 1 April 2011
I bought this album on the basis of the material she put out as part of the group floetry. I loved that group and especially love Marsha's vocals. But Im afraid the wait for this album was a little dissappointing. The first 4 tracks or good the rest Im afraid Im not so keen on. Listened to it a number of time now, Think has the potential to do better....
on 7 July 2011
I purchased "Late Nights & Early Mornings" on the strength of Marsha's previous work with Floetry, who created a very unique sound by combining singing and spoken verse over R&B and hip-hop arrangements. I was very optimistic about the content of Marsha's debut album since it has taken her some time to put it together. At first, I felt that it did not live up to the high expectations I had but after further listens, the album has grown on me considerably.

After a sexy interlude "Anticipation", I found the following three tracks to be quite sleepy. But now, I find "With You" to be a very sensual slow jam, "Late Nights & Early Mornings" to be an interestingly arranged mellow R&B track and lead single "Hope She Cheats On You" to be quite hip and cool. I have always liked the second single "Far Away" which is a nicely written ballad and has a moving video focussing on homophobia in a black community to accompany the song. "Your Hands" has a lovely soothing melody and is another romantic track. The cover of Portishead's "Sour Times" is an interesting choice of cover and it works as Marsha has kept to its original format. "Tears" is a nice Motown inspired R&B number. "Chasing Clouds" is an interesting creation, having quite an experimental feel to it whilst remaining smooth and current. But my favourite track of all is the very sweet piano led ballad "The Break Up Song".

However, not all of the tracks are great. The cover of Lauryn Hill's "Lose Myself" is turned into a rather forgettable R&B ballad and is a bit of a mess vocally. "I Want You To Stay" brings a welcome change in tempo and brings some much needed rhythm to this release, but is too erratic. The final track is yet again another remix of "Butterflies" which Marsha wrote for Michael Jackson. Marsha's original version was included on Floetry' first album, and I can only imagine that this remix was only included for egotistical purposes as it very forgettable and does not enhance the other versions.

Although "Late Nights & Early Mornings" does not feel rushed, it does seem that Marsha has chosen a very safe direction with only a few stand-out creative tracks. Nevertheless, it is a pretty solid release and does deserve 4 stars, but I am expecting great things next time round.
on 21 July 2011
I bought this album on the premise that Marsha was singing so well as part of a group and also hearing her vocals ages ago during a Def Poetry Jam performance as part of Floetry. I have to say the first few songs are just hot. I especially love ''Stay'' and ''Your Hands'' and of course ''I Hope She Cheats On you'' and ''Far Away''. Apart from that, I have found the album a little lacklustre really. Now dont get me wrong, I wouldn't dismiss it completely but I fail to believe that this was all Marsha is bringing because she can sing her backside off! (I mean did you HEAR her singing ''If Only You Knew'' at the 2011 BET Awards??!!!Damn, she sang it waaaaay better than KeKe Wyatt AND she was in the presence of Pattie LaBelle herself and didnt sound ONE BIT nervous) Yes, Marsha is a bad ass and I'm hoping that she is working on some other stuff that will hopefully up the ante! It's a chilled album, very sultry and the mix of ''Butterflies'' at the end is a nice touch but I think this is an album where after the fifth track, you'll have to turn the volume down some and just use it as very pretty background noise - sorry :(
on 11 March 2011
This by far is one of the best albums, I have heard.

The music is very smooth and soulful,Marsha puts so much emphasis on the feeling in her voice.
It is very hard for me to sit still while listening to this album, it makes me feel so tingly when I listen to it.

It has all off her singles including Far Away and Hope She Cheats.

This album was very collated, the songs flow freely into each other. It starts off with the joys of love and then it continues onto the painful break up of one.

My favourite songs so far are Far Away, Lose Myself, Your Hands and I Want You To Stay, but by far I love Lose Myself it is a beautiful song that is long enough for you to really enjoy it, the song is currently on repeat on my iPod and as I am writting this I am listening to it.

If vocals are your thing and you love pure feeling in the music you listen then you should definitely get this album.
on 19 June 2011
Well after listening to floetry`s albums time and time again, i was keen to listen to this, and it certainly did not disappoint. It has not come out of my cd player since i put it in. Brilliant voice, the type of album to lie back and chill to. The first half of the album is better than the second half, especially `with you`, `hope she cheats on you with a basketball player` and `far away` but the whole album is ALL GOOD! Definately one to recommend.
on 30 April 2011
If you loved her previous stuff with Floetry, you will love this album. On first impressions you will like it and say its good, then after a few listens you will be captured by songs that you will class as Amazing album Tracks. Go on! Get it! Its well worth your money!
on 26 July 2011
I love Marsha's voice, first heard when listening to the fantastic Floetry. However there is very little on this album to make me want to keep as it first choice in my CD player.
on 4 April 2013
Would recommend this album for chill out time.
Really beautiful songs with exception to Hope she cheats on you!
Nice relaxing album.
on 5 May 2011
i liked all the other songs on this cd even though i specifically bought it for butterflies. I feel I have discovered something special.