5.0 out of 5 stars This certainly rings my bell!
When this phone rings it will take your mind to a bygone era, old black and white classic movies, illusions of being somewhere else in time before picking up the handset to answer the call. If you buy this phone only for that evocative bell ringing sound it will be worth it.

This retro type telephone is a little gem. I wanted this style of phone for my little...
Published 22 months ago by D. Mitchell

2.0 out of 5 stars Retro Vintage Telephone
Poor quality. Handset does not sit properly in cradle. First telephone received had problem (fault) on 1571 answer service.Returned to seller expecting refund, instead was told replacement had been sent. Second telephone just didn't work at all. No dialing tone, just dead. Very disappointed with whole process, and the return procedure is a nightmare. Would not be tempted...
Published 15 months ago by Terry G.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but didn't work, 29 July 2013
I liked the look of it - not as heavy as it could be but looked lovely in my house. Sadly the line was terrible and I checked with another phone and it was not an issue with my line. It went back and didn't bother to replace. I was tempted by the price as the ivory does not seem a popular but I will be ordering a Wild and Wolf instead....

5.0 out of 5 stars Poirot's telephone, 12 July 2013
Yes, I would love an authentic original of this phone, but this one does very well for me. It looks very attractive in my hall and has a lovely authentic ring. It functions very well volume-wise - to hear and be heard. I am also happy with the with the colour tone of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Retro Phone, 18 Jun 2013
A good choice for someone wanting a retro look to fit in with the décor of the room .
nice feel to phone not cheap looking .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great retro look, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Protelx Classical GPO 1929S Carrington Push Button Telephone - Black (Electronics)
Great product . Looks authentic especially in an old cottage and the ring has a real old fashioned sound !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memorys., 10 Jun 2014
Fell in love with it the first time I saw it advertised.It is the same as the one my parents bought just after the war.. My Daughter (53)
also fell in love with it when she saw mine, so I treated her to one. Mine sits next to my computer in my (Play room) !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely phone., 1 Jun 2014
I bought this because I like everything art deco and this is an excellent copy, the tray even opens. The push buttons are useful for the sort of phone calls you have to make nowadays when it takes you ages before you can talk to a real person.

4.0 out of 5 stars Phone, 15 May 2014
Absolutely love this phone, it arrived in good time and on a Bank Holiday !!!!!

The ring tone is authentic, and our friends comment on how nice it looks in our hall way. The only problem we have found is the ring tone, you can only set it to two settings (tone or pulse) none of them are very loud, but it does not effect the product because we still love what we have bought !!!!
Easy to set up which is even better.
Would recommend anyone thing about buying one go ahead you will not be disappointed, we ordered the black one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking telepone, 7 May 2014
Fast delivery and a fantastic looking phone which many people have commented on. Very basic push button phone so not for you if you prefer caller ID and a redial button - however since we use our mobiles the majority of the time this phone was purchased more for the looks!

1.0 out of 5 stars review, 20 April 2014
not very loud ringing, also when phoning an answer phone where you have to press 1, 2 or 3 to continue this does not seem to work more times than works, so very frustrating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ring! Ring!, 9 April 2014
This telephone looks great; it reminds me of my Grandma’s telephone.
Well packed too, and Prompt delivery.
Love the ring tone, brings back many happy memories for me as a child.
Works perfectly.