5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning vocals - a true star!
Published on 21 Mar. 2011 by A. Appleby

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but....
I like when old songs are resung by modern artists but this time the arrangement was not always successful, even though the songs themselved are very beautiful, it looks like some of them are not for Ronan's voice. For me it is a huge risk to sing the well-known song if you can't make it better than the previous performers. Only three stars, sorry.
Published 12 months ago by Lala Aliyeva-Klychkova

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning vocals - a true star!, 21 Mar. 2011
A. Appleby "aimzta85" (Darlington UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
Wow is pretty much all I can say. Ronan definitely sounds the best he ever has on this album and it goes to show how far he has come when a legend like Burt Bacharach asks to work with him. This is a fantastic album to sit and relax to on a warm sunny day. Ronan makes the songs his own and you can hear how much passion he has for his craft. You can definitely believe every word he is singing. The accompanying documentary on YouTube shows that Ronan isn't just another "pop star" - I'd recommend that and this album to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 23 April 2011
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
I have bought this is cd for my partner for his birthday, wonderful compilation with ronan and burt, well done ronan

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy smooth listening, 17 April 2011
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
Great music, well performed with a different slant on some absolute classics, easy to imagine you are elsewhere listening to this. A thoroughly enjoyable combination of unique skills and talents. In my view, a must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly outstanding!!, 21 Mar. 2011
Ms. Ellen L. Guest "Ellen Guest" (Doncaster, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
Well Ronan has done it again, brought out yet another fantastic album for our listening pleasure. His voice just gets stronger everytime he puts a record out. Although it's another concept album from him it does not disappoint at all especially with the stunning 'Arthur's theme' 'Walk on by' and the feel good factor of 'My little red book'. All of the songs are brilliant but those 3 are the key tracks for me. I hope this album now gives him the platform he deserves to bring out another one of his fabulous self written/ co-written albums as those are truly missed among his fans..But seriously Ronan well done! What an honour having someone like Burt Bacharach call you and then putting out such an amazing record like this..Not many people can do that and be great at it. He will be around for years to come :) This is addictive listening trust me..This deserves to do well so come on people download or buy it now!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars When Ronan Met Burt - Awesome, 3 Aug. 2011
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
Absolutely sensational album, Ronan's voice is truly stunning.This album has a number of classics as well as some I did not know, all of which show off his voice in many ways. For those that love the many world class songs by Burt Bacharach will really love Ronans spin of these as he really does do them justice. A beautiful album by a man with a beautiful voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ronan's voice makes all the difference, 24 July 2011
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
I have a lot of respect for artists like Burt Bacharach, but to be honest I don't think that much of the songs themselves and they don't really stand out to me. I enjoy the album because Ronan's voice is absolutely beautiful. Now if he'd just hurry up and make an album full of original songs, we've been waiting for too long!

This is a bit of a chill-out CD and nothing to get you going in the morning, but I'm finding it quite relaxing and agreeable. I'm just not sure if it's had anyone overexcited.

I'll give this five stars for Ronan's vocals because he definitely deserves them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great discovery!, 25 May 2011
Vaiva (UK/Lithuania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
I like Ronan Keating in general, but this CD has shown me a completely different side of him - be cautious if you expect songs that are of the same style the rest of his repertoire.

It is a collection of jazzy, emotional songs that showcase Ronan's voice (I did not think/expect his voice is as good as that!) with excellent music backing it all up. True, a large number of songs in this CD are well known (I did not know all of them, but I might be an exception), but the covers are absolutely brilliant!

The only drawback I could think of is that most of the songs are rather sad, so it will probably not cheer you up, but if you want a nice, soothing evening, then this is definitely the right choice.

To sum up, it's a wonderful CD - beautiful music, nice songs, and brilliant voice. I can't wait to listen to this CD on a proper sound system!

P.S. As for buying it from Amazon - I ordered it on Monday with Super Saver Delivery, and on Wednesday I was already listening to it, so I'm more than satisfied with that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Different side to Ronan, 29 April 2011
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
Although you wouldn't normally connect Ronan Keating with Burt Bacharach, their combined work has produced a great album.
"Walk on By" has been a classic song for years and this version doesn't disappoint. It contains a couple of very subtle changes which make it another memorable cover version. Of course the album contains other classics which complement Ronan's voice and show his versatility. Well done Ronan and Burt - two extremely talented men!

5.0 out of 5 stars When Ronan Met Burt, 28 April 2011
Kindle Customer (Kidderminster, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
I saw Ronan on The One Show promoting this CD and I just had to have it. It is the first CD I have brought for years and have played and played it. I just wish it had more tracks!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, 26 April 2011
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
Bought this for my mother for Mother's Day - she's 86 and she sings along to all the oldies and she loves it, what more can I say!

When Ronan Met Burt
When Ronan Met Burt by Ronan Keating (Audio CD - 2011)