5.0 out of 5 stars Review of "Fresh Bread in the Morning"
If like me, you have spent a number of years using the recipes supplied with your bread making machine,then you should really get a copy of this book. The difference is quite staggering.
Published on 14 Dec 2003 by nigel stevens

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing for Panasonic owner
Having read other reviews I was interested to see the recipes in this book to see how I could reduce unnecessary salt, sugar etc. in my bread.

The recipes in the book are clear enough to use, but the format means you have to flick through to find the one you want.

Published on 16 Mar 2009 by S. G. Walter

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of "Fresh Bread in the Morning", 14 Dec 2003
By using quality ingredients and avoiding the unnecessary use of such additions as dried milk powder, the improvement is truly dramatic. You will discover bread as it should taste, but which sadly is increasingly difficult to find commercially. The layout is clear and easy to use, and all the hard work has been done for you.
If you have a bread making machine, you really should keep a copy of this book in your kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem, 26 Feb 2007
Mrs. S. Hogarth (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
For the price this book is great value for money.

The recipies are varied and so easy to make.

I was so surprised at how easy it was to make pitta bread by making the dough in the machine then oven cooking.

This book will give you some good ideas for breads and some you can adapt for your own tastes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 27 Jan 2006
By A Customer
I have made several breads since recently buying this book, in a Panasonic SD253 breadmaker. They have all turned out well and taste great. I particularly like the use of natural ingredients and this book is helping me cater for a dairy-free diet.Definately worth purchasing!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good and inexpensive addition for any bread machine, 19 April 2012
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Having owned three bread machines, currently a Panasonic, I have seen a few different manuals and the recipes within them. Usually, you get one or two white breads, a wholemeal, perhaps a fruit or seed bread and a pizza. With some, you may get a few cakes if the machine either mixes or bakes them (not all will).

This goes rather further and adds a much wider selection and not only of breads. It has the advantage for some in that it was written for the British user and uses both metric and Imperial systems for larger ingredient quantities, plus the usual spoon measurements for lesser quantities. Obviously, it cannot offer specific instruction for any brand of machine and leaves that to the user. For example, although most machines work on the principle of wet ingredients first followed by the dry, some work in the reverse order. It is important that you use the correct sequence for your machine. Also, options such as those for crust colour or adding a glaze, are not included and left to the user.

It is not as comprehensive as some in my collection and is rather less full of advice, hints and such but it is a small book and what it has is reasonable and proportionate. At its price, it probably will not be bettered.

If you want more recipes, advice and variety you can have them all, at a price, but you have to accept that the book will be for the US market and you will need to contend with all the related issues that will bring.

Good value and variety in its content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Idea, Brilliant Book, 3 Jan 2007
T. Wicks "Baker Boy" (Beaconsfield, Bucks UK) - See all my reviews
I've been using this book for well over a year now with consistently good results. Her premise of removing the supefluous ingredients works for me and I've now started to do some variations of my own based on her recipes.

My daughter and I baked Stollen this Christmas from the recipe in this book and it is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 25 Feb 2006
Julie Brazier (Washington, UK) - See all my reviews
While this little book may not have all the glossy pictures of some of the other bread-making recipe books, it is packed with a wonderful collection of recipes. It has inspired me to try some really interesting and diverse breads (like the tasty "Sage and onion loaf") and they've all worked exceptionally well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing for Panasonic owner, 16 Mar 2009

I have a Panasonic breadmaker, and I have found that the basic bread recipes in this book are no better than those that came with my machine.

I have seen a friend's breadmaker recipe book (Morphy Richards) and it suggests using milk powder and all sorts, in which case this book would be an improvement.

So this book would be of use to you if you don't have a Panasonic, and also if you are interested in making a wider variety of breads/rolls/cakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant little book, 11 Oct 2009
V. Carmichael (scotland) - See all my reviews
This book helps me to make wonderful bread, the cheddar and rosemary is to die for! The Pizza dough recipe gets used weekly. Every one I have tried has turned out fantastic. There are no photos, I don't mind that but some might, but for that price you can't complain!

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick read, 20 Jan 2011
Ms Jacotine (Rickmansworth) - See all my reviews
This was an easy read. It explains what the different ingredients are used for and if you've only read the recipe booklet that came with your breadmaker, this definitely helps.
It has given me confidence to try other recipes and the ones I've done so far have produced results better than from my Panasonic recipe book.
This is a little A5 size paperback and very quick to read. My one quibble is that a lot of the recipes call for malt extract and it's the one (crucial) ingredient that the author doesn't advise the reader on where to buy it. After some research on the web, I tracked it down in my local health food store but there are several different types with prices varying from 1.70 to 3.20 (in a jar, like honey).

A great informative book though and I'm very pleased I ordered it.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can stop buying shop bread now!, 4 Aug 2008
My husband bought me this book for Christmas and I haven't looked back. The recipes are great and exclude the sugar and skimmed milk powder nonsense that came with the recipe book for my machine. Every loaf has come out perfectly (I have a Panasonic SD253) - I have even braved the free-form ones using the dough programme and had great results (The Italian loaf is to die for). On the rare occasions we buy bread now, we notice just how sweet it is, and just how many alarming ingredients there are listed on the packaging! I can't recommend it highly enough.