5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully thin protection filter
Published on 12 April 2012 by Neil Boyd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not compatible with Sony E-mount lens hoods
I bought this to protect the front element of my Zeiss 24mm f1.8 E mount lens for the Sony NEX. While it fits the 49mm filter thread perfectly, I was unable to re-attach the lens hood as the filter mount is very slightly larger than the lens surround, preventing the hood from passing over it.

I swapped with the Hoya 49mm UV filter that I had on the kit 18-55mm...
Published on 8 May 2012 by Vinman666

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully thin protection filter, 12 April 2012
This review is from: B+W 49mm 007M MRC Nano Coated Clear Glass Protection filter - XSPD Mount (Electronics)
I'm using the B+W Protection Filter with a Fujifilm FinePix X100 Digital Camera - (12.3MP, APS-C CMOS EXR) 2.8 inch LCD. I have fitted this filter in conjunction with the Fujifilm Lens Hood and Adapter Ring for FinePix X100 to allow room for the auto-focus movement of the lens rather that attach it directly to the lens itself. This filter looks very much in keeping with the X100.

With the X100, when the adapter is fitted, the original Fuji metal lens hood does not fit well. Having the B+W filter attached to the adapter makes the Fuji lens hood fit more securely which is a benefit I hadn't considered. The combination of adapter, filter and lens hood means that the Fujifilm Premium Leather Case for FinePix X100 does not close properly. This is an issue with the Fuji not the B+W filter.

I am delighted with the look and quality of the B+W Protection Filter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, as ever, 8 Aug 2013
The usual B+W quality. I bought it to go on my new Fuji X100S using the JJC adaptor and lens hood. No problems with the lens hitting the filter in macro mode, as some have reported.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not compatible with Sony E-mount lens hoods, 8 May 2012
Vinman666 (Essex, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

I swapped with the Hoya 49mm UV filter that I had on the kit 18-55mm lens and the hood fitted the 24mm lens fine but the 18-55mm hood no longer fitted with the B+W attached. Exactly the same issue with the Sony 55-210 lens: with the Hoya the hood could be attached but with the B+W it could not. I guess it could be forced but would likely damage the plastic lugs that allow the hoods to snap into place.

I've used B+W filters on other brand lenses (Canon EF) with no issues so the incompatibility is not universal but something to be aware of if you have a Sony NEX.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Pefrectly with the Fuji X100, 29 May 2011
Robert Groom (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have one of these fitted to my Fuji X100 by way of the Fuji filter adapter as a protective measure to guard against dust getting behind the movable front element, which can't subsequently be removed easily for cleaning.

Happily, it doesn't affect image quality on the X100 in quite the same way as I've experienced with Hoya HD filters on my Nikon D700 - i.e. point sources of light in dark conditions don't tend to lead to excessive ghosting on the X100.

B+W is one of the top brands of filter on the market, so you can rest assured that this is a quality item.

A good tip for those of you with a collection of 77mm filters is to get a 49 to 77mm step-up adapter, so that you can mount your 77mm filters (polarizer, ND etc) in front of your 49mm clear protective filter. That way you don't have to buy all new 49mm filters and you get no vignetting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lens protector, 9 May 2014
Mr. S. Mclaughlin (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my new Fujifilm X100S to avoid having to carry around the lens cap. Fitted the adaptor with no issues and hasn't shown any marks or scuffs in the few weeks I've been using it.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 30 May 2013
Fits well, looks good and works well. Can't ask for any more than that I suppose. Good purchase at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuji X100s 49mm filter, 12 May 2013
The B+W XSPD filter ring is excellent quality and essential to protect the X100s lens. Bought with Fuji X100 Adaptor ring.

5.0 out of 5 stars B+W 49mm 007M MRC Nano Coated Clear Glass Protection filter - XSPD Mount, 1 Aug 2011
I always use B+W filters so this was a no brainer. Expensive but hard to get hold of so maybe that's why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best protection filter., 10 July 2013
This is an update to my earlier thoughts on this filter now that I have taken a few hundred shots with this on my X100s. Having tried the same shot with and without this filter I can see no difference - even when "pixel peeping". Flare is not apparent and quiet honestly you would not know that it is fitted. Happy in the knowledge that my lens is now protected by using this and the lens hood. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invisible, 14 May 2014
Paulo Moreira (Carcavelos, Carcavelos Portugal) - See all my reviews
Superb glass, materials and construction. Doesn't affected your photos. Easy cleaning. Not cheap, but you pay for the best Clear Glass Protection Filter.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›