Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 19 October 2012
My review:

I loved this book! To Tame a Wild Hawk by Lenore Wolfe was a sweet historical romance, which had lovable characters and interesting plot with twists and turns. It was easy to read, the descriptions and dialogues flowed very smoothly and it is a book which you don't want to put away before it is finished.

Plot:

Meet Amanda Kane - Mandy who is struggling with keeping her own ranch. She is fighting with the local man McCandle, who wants to get Mandy's ranch and marry her and he does everything to get what he wants, no means too cruel to achieve it. Mandy keeps getting visions of her future with another man though - Hawk. When Mandy and Hawk meet, sparkles fly, but Mandy is determined to fight her destiny.

I really enjoyed the Native American part of the storyline combined with the Wild West. It's not very often I read good westerns and To Tame a Wild Hawk was awesome representative of this genre. I think author did great job with Wyoming settings in historical 1870s.

Characters:

I adored Hawk! He is an interested character with a lot of luggage to carry. He is tormented, but when meeting with Mandy he becomes more lively, he seems to get a new purpose in his life. When I am saying, that Hawk is tormented, then you will have to read the book, I don't want to spoil anything for you, but hawk has seen enough death for his entire lifetime and a day. he is strong, spirited, stubborn and you find an Alpha male roaring inside him which comes out quite significantly. I loved that!

Mandy is one heck of a woman. Can you imagine what it means running a ranch in Wyoming in 1870s? She has lot of guts, courage, stubbornness and feminine cleverness to survive the world of men. She does more than just survives. She finds solutions to her problems and when loved gives herself a chance to be vulnerable.

I liked the relationship between Mandy and Hawk. It wasn't just a sweet romance, it was like a game between equally strong personalities and players. There was a perfectly nice balance between these characters and what one lacked, the other had and visa verse.

Generally:

I would highly recommend To Tame a Wild Hawk by Lenore Wolfe, especially if you like historical romance. It's a book which you will definitely enjoy!