5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another winner from Travellers' Tales!
I've been itching to get my paws on this game for weeks, and it does NOT dissapoint!
Published on 17 May 2011 by Rocksteady

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but oh so easy
`Rocksteady' says it all really, so I wont reiterate. I will agree that the game is far too easy to complete, every location where objects are to placed is highlighted there's no puzzle and very little here to tax the mind; in fact there is nothing here to tax the mind.

Published on 29 May 2011 by Willow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another winner from Travellers' Tales!, 17 May 2011
Rocksteady (Windsor, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) (Video Game)
Anyone familiar with previous Lego games knows the score, here. The character animation is superb (little lego Captain Jack runs along as if his feet are moving too fast for him, flailing his arms), The roster of characters is MASSIVE, the scenery is fantastic, and the playability undenyable.
This game is, playability wise, an improvement over the gaming style of lego Star Wars and Batman.
You can play a level with more than 2 characters, which you can scroll through with the L and R shoulder buttons, with only 1 character displayed on screen in the action. This I really like, as the hit and miss A.I. of the other Lego games I've played meant that the other character on screen would sometimes stand in the way of where you wanted to go, or pause for no reason, or just stand on the sidelines while your chosen player was getting demolished by the enemy.
The variety of characters you can play as have different skills, all can melee fight, but some have ranged weapons, or grappeling hooks, or the ability to dig for treasure or fix mechanical piles of bricks. I especially like the ability of any Davy Jones crew member to sink into patches of sea anemones, and reappear somewhere else! The range of characters/creatures to play as is immense! From the obvious main characters to Mr Cottons' parrot and the dog with the keys in the Port Royal jail!
There is also sword fighting with main opponents. This is broken down into animated sections, and then playable parts. You must bash the X button furiously to push a green bar up at the bottom of the screen, and then press the buttons shown on screen in the correct order. It's incredibly easy to get the hang of, but still fun.
My one issue with this incredible game is that it is very easy. There were times in Lego Batman where I was genuinely stuck for a while, needing serious investigation to find the solution to the problem. Pirates is very straight forward, I've played through 'Black Pearl' and 'Dead Mans' Chest' in 3 hours. I am going to play all the levels again to find all the red bricks and hidden bottles to make all the minikits, but would have liked the levels to have been longer.
I'm REALLY enjoying this game, and it (like other Lego games makes me laugh out loud at the quirky humour), I would highly recoomend it to fans of the Pirates movies, fans of Lego games, or anyone looking for an exciting and fun game to play.
I just wish it was longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Pirates of the Caribbean PSP, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) (Video Game)
The best Lego game ever! This was Bought for my sons 8th Birthday but its not just for kids is defiantly just as much fun for adults!

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Family, but little puzzling at some points, 1 Jun 2011
A. Kubski "A K" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) (Video Game)
Me and my 6-year old love this game. Really fun graphics and not boring stages. However every now and again there are certain puzzles that are difficult to do with no hints screen etc

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little game, over too soon, 12 Jun 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) (Video Game)
This is my first experience of a Lego game on PSP - bought to stop arguments when 3 of us want to play the PS3 version. It's a polished platformer, with beautiful visuals and full of the usual trade mark Lego humour. My only beef is that it's a little too easy - even my 6 year old has breezed through the game with virtually no problem. That's not to say we haven't enjoyed it, because we have and it's kept us interested right to the end and enough to want to go back and get all the red hats, cast tokens and ships in bottles. All in all, highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but oh so easy, 29 May 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) (Video Game)

On the plus side, it is graphically beautifully rendered and good to see that TT Games have not palmed PSP owners off with another inferior NDS port like the horrendous Harry Potter, which must have sent many PSP devices into sleep mode, such was how little the unit was having to work.

Not a bad game but hopefully next time we will see something to tax the old grey matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars What A bargain, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) (Video Game)
Bought this for my sons Christmas he will love this..very quick delivery and in perfect condition...I will be back for more purchases

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 1 July 2013
Mrs. L. Ufton "Ufton" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) (Video Game)
The range of Lego games are just brilliant. They are easy to play, in fact my 4 year old son has completed one or two!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for a PSP Game, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) (Video Game)
I originally ordered this game for my girlfriend to give her something relatively new on the new (to her) PSP I promised her after I bought a PS Vita and she loved it (she's a big Lego game and Pirates of the Caribbean fan). So I bought it on the PS Store and tried it for myself and as PSP games go it's fantastic. It's very different to the PS3 version of the game, and is incredibly easy, but it's so addictive.
There was a bit of disappointment in some of the best levels not being there, but I suppose that has to go when it comes to the PSP. I think it works well and is different enough from the PS3 version to make me want to keep playing. The cut scenes are of really low quality though but the overall graphics seem to be fairly good.
Overall I'd say that you should buy this game even if you get it on the PS Vita through the PS Store. Great play for trips and general gaming time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 31 May 2013
A. Alers-hankey (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) (Video Game)
My 5 year old boy is completely addicted!
Really good and amusing game play.
Great price.
Arrived quickly.
Happy kid, happy mum!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Game, 5 April 2013
Hugo Alves (Porto, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) (Video Game)
Good entertainment game for kids, they love it.
The deliver was fast and in the dates set.
The package was ok.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP)
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) by Disney Interactive (Sony PSP)
9.49