5.0 out of 5 stars managers chair
chair is very comfortable very good for the price BUT underneath the seat the staples could have been a lot closer together making it more secure,but wouldnt be without it now
Published on 1 Aug 2011 by valerie

1.0 out of 5 stars Getting that "sinking feeling"
I wonder if Eliza Tinsley sits on the chairs she supposedly puts her name on. I'm fairly sure that, if she had, none of these abominations would ever leave the factory. I, like most others, bought this chair based on good reviews and an attractive price. Finally, I thought, a chair that is affordable and worth the cash. So I bought it.

Instructions are pretty...
Published on 11 Sep 2011 by A. P

1.0 out of 5 stars Getting that "sinking feeling", 11 Sep 2011
A. P "Persepolis" (Eastbourne, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Eliza Tinsley Medium Back PU Manager's Chair (Office Product)

Instructions are pretty vague but anyone with two brain cells could figure it out alone. That's not the problem. The first issue was that the screw holes in the top part of the chair were COVERED UP by the faux-leather material. I had to cut my own holes (risking damaging the material) for the screws to fit. Other than this setting the chair up is simple.
I was happy when I took a few steps back and admired my handywork. There, sat in front of me, was a chair worthy of my desk. I walked up to it and sat on it.
And I sank. Both metaphorically and literally.
The chair sunk back to the lowest level it could go upon exerting my weight upon it. I stood up, pressed the lever down to bring it back up and sat back down. I sank again. Now, I'm a fairly skinny guy, 21 years old at about 9 stone.
I disassembled everything and started again. Sat on it, sank some more. Obviously the lever controlling the gas canister is touching the button, so upon sitting down it triggers it and DOWN I GO. Can I fix it? I don't know, I did everything as per the instructions and there's no way to increase the gap between the lever and canister. This may be due to the damaged parts that I received (see product picture uploaded).

So, there you have it. A wonderful looking chair that is relatively comfortable. Unfortunately, however, it can't hold anyones weight without dropping down to ground level. And I don't really feel like looking up at my desk from the height of a small child.

1.0 out of 5 stars Going down, 12 May 2012
Having bought this chair at first it was rather comfortable if no reclining feature,but being reasonable in price i could accept that,but having it just a few months the padding has gone completely flat and the chair`s adjustable height will not work anymore and will sink down leaving you feeling like a small child at the dinner table...you get what you pay for i guess.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not bad luck, bad purchase., 17 April 2012
Well, initially, I thought this chair was marvelous. It was a decent price for a chair that looked good, so I bought it.

It was easy to assemble, with or without the instructions - which were not included - and despite initial skepticism, the chair was great for 5 months of use.
Then, all of a sudden, the welding between the base and the chair snaps and I get a headache. It simply broke in two, leaving me sitting on the floor. I dont recommend renewing your computer chair every 5 months or so, so I do not recommend this chair. Reading other reviews (after I bought it), it seems these chairs come with a variety of problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars The reason why this chair is so much cheaper than all of the others..., 8 Mar 2012
All in all, I am unhappy with the product that I have received; I can't fault the service, delivery or packaging, yet the product itself is by no means acceptable.

After the first few uses you begin to see how badly this chair has been designed; the space in-between the lever and the piston is far too small, any moderate weight will cause it to sink like a stone, and leave you red faced, 2cm off the floor, regretting the day you clicked the 'order' button at the checkout.

The chair itself is very easy to assemble, and I have to admit looks very stylish, and even the leather looks and smells genuine; however the moment you actually come to sit down on it, is the moment your affinity for the product ceases. The chair could not even accommodate my 9 year old step-brother. In the end, I was forced to jam a bolt in-between the metal and the chair in order to increase the gap between the piston and the lever, just to be able to sit on the thing without it sinking to the floor!

Its truly unacceptable that you have to engineer some sort of plan, to overcome the faults of the design, just to be able to perform the most basic act that a chair could offer; to sit on it.

The one and only star I give to this product is because Amazon wont physically let you select an option for zero stars. Truly terrible product, and I don't recommend it at all!

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless!, 12 Feb 2012
I bought this for my son as a christmas present. My son has Autism and he gets worried if things are not just right or perfect and he will complain, he also isn't very patient and has no concept of time.

It took a lot of effort to assemble the chair because the screw holes didn't match properly on each piece, but we didn't give up and managed to get it together. However, after only a short time sitting on it, the seat went down. He got up and pressed the lever to lift the seat, sat on it and it did the same thing.

We took it apart and realised that the lever positioned on top of the hydrolics was too thick and the seat was pressing on it every time he sat on it. Apart from that the chair was fine. So we decided that by sawing the lever off, it would stop the problem and the chair would remain up.

That worked for a while, but then it happened again. So we sawed off the button of the hydrolics so it wouldn't go down at all. Problem now solved.

But we are now not even 2 months after christmas and the chair is very unstable, it's wobbly, very loose, and not safe to sit on. It leans back and I've had to throw it out.

I should of sent it back when i realised the screws were not aligned properly. It's a false economy. It's a very cheap chair and you don't even get what you pay for. It's caused us a lot agro and problems. Do yourself a favour.... DON'T BUY IT!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favour and do not buy this chair, 20 Dec 2011
Derek Middlemass "Delboy555" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this chair because it was on special offer and I needed a new computer chair. It arrived very quickly and was easy to assemble. It's not until you sit on it that previous negative reviews make sense - you sink. It may not be straight away but sometime when you least expect it you will sink a couple of centimetres or an inch or so to those who were brought up using old money. I am considering screwing the mechanism somehow to prevent this which defeats the whole concept of adjustable. The rest of the chair is fine for the money but something needs to be done about the sinking.
Update :- I took the base plate off the seat and discovered that the lever was touching the plywood base to the seat therefore causing the sinking. I drilled a hole in the plywood to form a recess to alleviate the problem. This was quite a simple task once the problem was identified but should not have been necessary had the chair been designed properly in the first place.
Update:- Even after modification this chair still s(t)inks
Further and final update:- I have now taken this piece of garbage to the tip where it belongs and have bought a vastly superior chair from Ryman for very little more. Do yourself a favour and do not buy this chair.

5.0 out of 5 stars managers chair, 1 Aug 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars not even worth a star, 28 Sep 2011
used it for less than a month and now the hight adjustment does not work at all , quality of the chair is way too bad. not even worth a star but quick delivery from amazon as always

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst!!!!!, 17 Jan 2012
Automatically sank down!!!!! I can not believe this. It is brand new, okay comfortable, but it just sink every time a 60kg person sit on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eliza Tinsley chiar recently on offer from Amazon, 1 Aug 2011
I have recently purchased this chair and found that it rocks on the base. I have checked all connections and found nothing wrong. The height it reaches on the gas pump is not as high as I would expect. I am pleased that I did not pay any more than £[] for it.

Eliza Tinsley Medium Back PU Manager's Chair