5.0 out of 5 stars Well built quality executive chair
Published on 10 Aug 2011 by A. M

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose
It is hard to find office chairs for a sensible price and I thought this one sounded ok. I had not read all of the reviews but I wish I had now.

I agree that the assembly is easy and takes about 20-30 minutes.

Published 8 months ago by bjknight

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built quality executive chair, 10 Aug 2011
A. M (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eliza Tinsley High Back Executive Armchair 4516ATGF/BK (Office Product)
It was difficult to find a fabric chair as most so called "executive" chairs are leather or leather-like. I was reluctant to order this fabric based chair as there were no reviews, but now happy that I got this chair. Bought this as a study chair and prefer to be made of fabric for long time use. Assembly is easy and takes about 30 minutes. Fabric feels nice. The back lumbar support feels good. The back and the seat are held together by the arm rest by 4 big screws. Overall, a good purchase and highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 26 Jan 2012
S. Crowder (Osaka, Japan) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately, like every chair I have ever owned, most of the parts are interchangable. The wheels/base/inflator are the same quality (and probably the same part number) that you'll find in pretty much any chair.

The top section of the chair is two pieces that attach together by the arm rests, so the arms cannot be removed. I like this chair because it is fabric, I dislike smooth leather chairs and this one is very comfortable to sit in.

It was fairly easy to assemble.

For the price I was hoping the base would be stronger, as I have had issues with the bases of all my previous chairs (Plastic legs snapping or metal base snapping), but we'll have to see how it holds out. Either way, I suspect I could replace the inexpensively as most of the price seems to be in the top section of the chair.

I would agree with the other reviewer that you're paying a bit more than you should, but it's a decent enough chair, and I paid over the odds because I specifically wanted fabric.

Edit: I've owned this chair for about 9 months, and unfortunately as I predicted may happen, one of the legs snapped. I promptly contacted the seller, and their customer service was amazing. Within a literally a couple of days, I had a replacement base from the manufacturer, made from metal to ensure it wouldn't happen again. If anyone is wondering, I'm a 6'2" male and I weigh 78kg (just over 12 stone).

The chair has been super comfortable for the 9 months so I am pleased to get a replacement base rather than have to find a new chair, as I find fabric chairs are not as common as leather but are much nicer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 14 Nov 2013

I agree that the assembly is easy and takes about 20-30 minutes.

The cardboard blister-pack containing the parts arrived in quite poor condition (what appeared to be rust on the back of it and with bits finding their way out) but everything appeared to be present and correct.

I had this chair in my home office for just over a week when the right arm snapped. It was not subjected to any strain beyond normal use and I do not exceed the weight rating or anything like that.

This was quite disappointing because it was otherwise not bad.

That said, it wasn't the most comfortable of chairs. It has a slight forward inclination (or it feels like it) and so you tend to be hunched forwards a bit when sitting on it. The tilt only has one lockable setting (forward) and you can only lean back on it by releasing the lever on the right hand side and then there is no support and it tilts all the way back to about 50 degrees but the spring is quite strong and so you constantly feel like you are being pushed forwards.

I am returning the item and have raised my concerns with Amazon who were polite, helpful and said that they would look into the problem (and the fact that others seem to have reported similar problems with this make of chair).

For now, I shall revert to the Ikea one I had before and have a look-out for a replacement of better quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Arms far too weak, 2 April 2014
J. Yeager (UK) - See all my reviews
After two weeks of normal use the left arm snapped at one of the bolts. Considering the back is held on by the arms this tiny snap rendered the chair utterly useless. Try getting a replacement arm! What a joke of a chair.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it looks online, 12 Mar 2014
Difficult to assemble - scant instructions. Does not recline very well. - Seat showing signs of sagging already. The perils of buying without trying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Arm broke within a couple of days of assembling, 2 Feb 2014
A disaster from start to finish. Assembled it quite easily but one of the arms broke within 2 days of use. As the arms are the sole means of attachment for the backrest, the whole thing was useless. I'm quite tall but not overweight (under 15st) - well within the upper limit claimed by the manufacturer - but the padded headrest came between my shoulders, making it the most uncomfortable thing I ever sat on.
I arranged return to Amazon but was unable to dismantle the seat from the pedestal so the courier refused to take it, stating that it had to be flat-packed in one package to survive their conveyor system. it's a chair for Chist sake - not a picture frame! If somebody can tell me how to dismantle it and repack it in such a way that the courier will accept it without me having to spend a fortune on packaging materials I will be most grateful.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor buy, 6 Jan 2014
Had this chair only a couple of days when both arms snapped at the same time. it only the arms that hold the back on. I ended on the floor banging my head and hurting my arm, the arms are clearly to weak for this chair. if you like to lean back then this chair will break, this is not the chair for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars New office cchair, 11 Feb 2013
Mr. B. W. Molley "Cheshire boy" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived in good order, cloth covering is much better than my previous chair which was "leather", however the back is much more upright than I like, also sometimes the seat just drops when sitting in it for the first time sitting, OK again after raising to the height required.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK - if you can get it cheap., 4 Jan 2013
Purchased this as a reduced (used) item from Amazon Warehouse and, apart from a damaged box, it arrived in excellent condition. No great problem to assemble or though you do need some brute force particularly when attaching the seat back. Item description on Amazon and on the box says 'fully reclining' but I can see no way at all of making it do this so don't buy thinking it will recline! Luckily I'm not bothered but almost makes me think that the chair is a different model to the one described on the packaging.

Comfortable when put together but the back is not as tall as I expected so if you are anywhere near 6ft. it will not support your head. I think 'high back' is a bit of an exaggeration. Not bad but I'm glad I didn't pay the full price!

Incidentally a lot of confusion over the delivery from City Link who told Amazon it would be delayed and provided totally inaccurate tracking information. They were also completely impossible to contact by phone to find out what was going on but actually turned up at the right time - perhaps I would suggest Amazon takes a look at their service!

1.0 out of 5 stars Base 25st - arms featherweight, 4 Dec 2012
No problem with company - refund prompt.
Product has a base which supports 25st however one arm snapped very soon after intallation (and modest use)