Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 25 July 2015
Ms Heyer's style so perfectly suits the tonnish society of London in both pre-Regency and Regency periods. Her elegant use of the English language suits the elegance of the times when scientific, cultural and artistic changes were beginning to escalate. Faro's daughter describes Deborah's involvement in her aunt's gaming house. Through a series of misunderstandings and unexpected events the tale entertains the reader until its climax...which does not disappoint.
on 3 September 2015
'Faro's Daughter' is a very witty book, and an engaging book to read. I remember the novels of Georgette Heyer from many years ago - coming back to them reminds me how wonderfully relaxing and amusing her regency novels are! I look forward to re-reading more of them. She has a wonderful sense of style, and some of them ('An Infamous Army' for instance) are very good at describing historical events - in 'An Infamous Army', for instance, the battle of Waterloo.
on 28 March 2014
Great product, well read, would recommend. Bought for my mum who is in her 90s and having difficulty reading. She loved it !
on 1 August 2007
very formulaic ie girl meets boy, boy and girl fall in love but dont realise it, something scandalous happens and boy and girl realise they are in love and live happily ever after. but it still works because you knw that at the end the two main characters will still end up together. did get a bit disinterested with some of the minor plotlines but they didnt take away from the overall enjoyment of the main story. wanted to shake deb for being so stubborn and not being able to see what was there for all to see. arabella and kit would have made a nice little couple to end the book with, but thats my opinion, somebody may disagree?
on 13 April 2008
I really enjoyed this book. The only downside to it is the slightly odd note the heroine strikes-- she is honorable and intelligent, yet does something very silly. That bit of the book seemed like it was lifted from a story about a different heroine.

Overall, a fun romp with a heroine who has a sense of honor, and a hero who makes a great mistake in his evaluation of her. Interesting because the setting and situations are very different than other Heyer books. A satisfying ending.
on 21 May 2016
I had to agree with some of the other reviewers. Georgette Heyer is just the ticket when you are feeling down. I'm going through a stressful bereavement at the moment and am working my way through my dog eared collection for about the tenth time! Wonderful therapy! I just re-read this, it just gets better with each reading.
on 6 December 2012
I heard this discussed on radio 4s a good read and thought it sounded my cup of tea (I'm a sucker for all story lines of the Pride and Prejudice type), very good fun!

I would have liked a tiny bit more detail at the end, but thoroughly enjoyed, the scene where Deb dresses up me laughing out loud!
on 4 December 2013
I was so happy to see this title amongst the recent Naxos audiobook recordings of Georgette Heyer's books, as I haven't seen another reading of it anywhere. However, the narrator was badly cast. Her reading is slow-paced with strange silences as she appears to be trying to alter her voice for her characters and her intonation is hammy and irritating. It feels quite amateurish, which I'm sure Naxos wasn't intending, having commissioned excellent readings by Richard Armitage and Clare Wille. (The recent unabridged version of Sylvester by Nicholas Rowe, while far more professionally delivered, also lacks sparkle and wit and sympathy with the story and characters - he sounds bored and I found myself constantly drifting off, despite being riveted by a previous unabridged recording, now forced out of print by the new version). I'm not sure I'll be able to listen to the full recording of Faro's Daughter as the clumsy reading is fast putting me off what was a previous favourite. What a pity Naxos didn't find readers more in tune with Heyer's light but immensely fun novels for these two readings.
on 29 May 2014
A much loved book which I can now access whenever I take my kindle babysitting etc. Georgette Heyer is one of my favourite authors. and although I still like my books it is also convenient to pick up my kindle as I leave the house knowing there will be something good on it to read.
on 20 November 2012
Georgette Heyer again does not disappoint. This was highly entertaining and a great plot, the characters were charming. As I am no gambler, some of the terms took a bit of getting used to, but you soon get into the swing of things and cannot put the book down!