Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£4.49

on 30 May 2015
In fact my lifetime favourite ... I have a collection of Georgette Heyers Regency novels & have re-read them over the years. I am now disabled & can longer hold a book but thanks to my Kindle Fire I can download these & many others. I have a fairly broad literary taste: fantasy, detective stories & other historical novels such as G K Sansome's more serious Tudor 'detective' books . Georgette Heyers are a wonderful read as testified by my pleasure in recent reading of a favourites The Masquerders. For me it is not too demanding, comfortable read with well drawn life of the period and historical back ground. If this appeals to you it is well worth buying... Miss Heyers is at the top in her genre .
on 26 February 2014
I have read this book many many times, and in 35 years it has never failed to intrigue me and make me laugh. Without doubt one of Georgette Heyer`s best.
on 1 July 2015
I think that this must be one of Heyer's first period romances, as the language used, and what seem to me to be affectations of the times, are a bit overdone...and since when is a 48 year old man "the old gentleman"?
But the plot and storyline are good, the characters nicely drawn, and the romance satisfying....all a bit amateurish, but nevertheless well written and showing promise of what was to come. A lovely Sunday or holiday read.
on 15 January 2012
I have read many Georgette Heyer novels and this certainly rates as one of my favourites. The four main characters (Prudence, Robin, their father, & Sir Anthony Fanshawe) are all very witty and extremely likeable. The fascinating twist to the story is Prudence and Robin masquerading as members of the opposite sex. The slowly developing romance between Prudence and Sir Anthony Fanshawe is just delightful. I couldn't put this book down!
on 14 March 2012
I love Georgette Heyer books and this is my personal favourite. I also discovered a superb book with a similar feel and flavour called The Adventurers by Michelle Martin. If you loved this then I guarantee you will also love that. Link below...

The Adventurers

EDIT: I just reread Masqueraders. OMG! It's even better the second time around. I adore this book! Quirky, funny and touching. Sigh.
on 8 April 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book,wish there were more with this type of story, glad the girl got her man at last
on 8 April 2013
I have read these books time and time again. It seems that not only do I have my books but also my Kindle.
on 25 June 2013
I love her books anyway and this was always one of my favourites. I've never really liked the cross dressing storyline of Roman comedy and Shakespeare but the reason for it seems to make perfect sense here. The references to the history of the period in which it is set prompted me to do some of my own reading about he Jacobite rebellions. Her witty writing and amusing characters make this a must read.
on 12 February 2015
I am an avid fan of georgette heyer and I have all her books and they have been well read time and again. Masquerades is a particular favourite of mine and my copy was looking a little run down, I was thrilled to bits with the copy you sent it's in lovely condition and will afford me pleasure for many years to come, top marks all round.
on 23 January 2014
Columbia, SC (CAE) I,m a great Fan of Georgette Heyer but I didn't enjoy this one ,I didn't keep me wanting to turn the page in fact I nearly gave up reading it .the Plot I thought silly .Maybe because it was set in an earlier age than her later Books which have much more believable Characters and plots .