on 25 June 2014
Yes this beautiful little amp has great tube distortion as noted everywhere but it does have a very compelling clean sound too. If you like the sound you get from an old marshall; where you are getting some compression going on and just a hint of break up, but you want it at acoustic guitar type levels (and above), this amp is perfect. 1 watt is very loud in a domestic setting - I'm so glad I didn't go for the 5 watt.

I got the head because I heard bad things about the speaker in the combo and want the flexibility of being able to hoof it into my bag and plug it into any old cab or just headphones. I'm not sure hotels are keen on guests wandering in with combos in their hands... :-)

The reverb is a nice touch. I had thought this a bit of a gimmick - but in fact, with headphones, it's nice and dispels the kind of listening fatigue you can get after an hour or so of playing with headphones.

It does bring out the character of the guitar though - so with a nice instrument it will sound truly nice but a nasty guitar is going to sound truly nasty i think. I have used it with a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe and this sounds great - the amp is very "touch sensitive".

Folk who want to "valve up" synths etc should also consider this box as an effect; it has a lovely warmth to it.

very swift delivery; bomb proof packaging.
on 20 February 2015
The amp produces fantastic tones, but there are two main issues I have found with it. 1. The combined headphones/speaker emulated output produces a very low-level signal if you want to run this into a mixer for 'direct out recording'. A proper line level output would have been better, bt overall it's not a bad compromise. 2. The amp becomes very noisy indeed with the input gain set at 50% or above; this is not a gradual increase in noise, but more like a switch. The amount of distortion below this setting is good, but the amp is unusable with higher gain settings due to the amount of noise it generates. Otherwise I'd have given it 5 stars.
on 23 September 2015
Awesome little head for all types of players. I play mine through a Marshall 1922 2x12 cab and i can't get the volume past 3 o'clock without potentially disturbing the neighbours. You get a lot of background noise after half way on the overdrive channel though. The clean channel is nice enough, not a lot of head room though, but it is only 1 watts afterall. The overdrive channel is awesome though! And don't be put off with the lack of eq settings, the isf control does it all. The only real draw back is you pretty much have to select one sound and stick with it, it doesn't work very well going between the 2 channels - there's too much of a volume difference. I just crank the overdrive channel and back off the volume on my guitar to clean it up, which works well for me.

It's not great through headphones, which is a bit disappointing, but a part from that it's perfect for me at home.

Great tone and great value for money.
on 24 June 2016