4.0 out of 5 stars PowerPoint 2007, Word 2007 and Excel 2007
Published on 19 Jun 2009 by Anne Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars I have finally decided this style is not for me
This is the third 'Dummies' book I have bought and I have finally observed that I don't referral to them often because
a) I find the text patronizing -and off putting
b) the non colour illustations make it less attractive to engage me in comparison with other help manuals on the market.
c) I appreciate that they are cheaper than their rivals and that...
Published 3 months ago by Eric Cowin

4.0 out of 5 stars PowerPoint 2007, Word 2007 and Excel 2007, 19 Jun 2009
Anne Harrison (North Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is well worth purchasing as it explains the differences between Office 2003 and Office 2007 very well. I find that the book is easy to follow and I soon got in to the new layout of Office 2007 which I find much easier and user friendly than the earlier version. This also applies to the other two books that I purchased as a bundle with this title review, Word 2007 For Dummies and Excel 2007 For Dummies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Point 2007 for Dummies, 9 Jan 2011
Mr. H. Hyman - See all my reviews
I like the books for dummies. They tend to explain technical subjects in a down to earth and easy to understand way. This is no exception. For those who want to get to grips with PowerPoint, I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enabling books, 20 Mar 2011
These 'for dummies' guides are great aids to complete novices and inexperienced users of microsoft software packages. They are laid out in a helpful way (the author of this volume, and the word edition, have little symbols in the margin to highlight really important stuff) and they are written in very informal, plain English, so that they are very easy to understand. The author suggests that you shouldn't attempt to read this guide like a book, but instead should use it in the way you would use a dictionary (as a reference book when you are stuck with something, or want to see how to liven up a presentation)and used in this way, this book is brilliant. An index at the back covers every topic I needed advice on, and all in all, the money this item cost (14.99) was money well spent.

3.0 out of 5 stars I have finally decided this style is not for me, 2 April 2014
This review is from: PowerPoint 2007 For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
a) I find the text patronizing -and off putting
c) I appreciate that they are cheaper than their rivals and that originally attracted me to them but the reality is I don't automatically reach for them when I hit a problem.
So until I see significant change in style and format I 'm out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant, 19 Sep 2013
I. Robertson "Iaon" (UK) - See all my reviews
Having mistakenly purchased another book, I ordered this Dummies book, the same as usual EXCELLANT. Arrived in specified time, would deal again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerpoint for Dummies, 7 May 2013
Mr. E. Gendle - See all my reviews
As a Starter with Powerpoint it was rather overwhelming for my requirements. A youtube video was more enlightening for my simple needs, to create a simple slide show with transitions

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerpoint for Dummies, 8 Mar 2013
Good useful and comprehensive. I will use it a lot. Good price as well. I need powerpoint for lecture presentat
ions

5.0 out of 5 stars powerpoint for dummies, 26 Jun 2012
perfect for all my needs to do presentations for work and home. Having used powerpoint for years but not knowing the finer details that would make a presentation more exciting and keep my audiences attention, it helps me take them to the next level.

4.0 out of 5 stars how useful was it, 3 Mar 2010
This item arrived very quickly and was in the conditon stated . This book was really helpful, straightforward and has clear instructons. Even if you knew nothing about powerpoint you were able to get to grips with it. No expert at it yet mind you, but am getting there with the help of this book. A useful tool to have would recommend it for beginners

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerpoint for Dummies, 3 Oct 2009
Tango Charlie (Southern England) - See all my reviews
The book was very informative but unfortunately did not cover the basic aspects of adding and altering borders around some invitation cards/tickets being prepared. This was eventually overcome by trial and error. Clearly the programme is more for presentation features with power point rather than the basics being undertaken by this dummy at the time.

PowerPoint 2007 For Dummies