4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: Tetris Link Board Game (Toy)
This is great fun without my children being glued to a tv screen playing video games & it gets then thinking about shapes & where to put them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such fun!, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tetris Link Board Game (Toy)
My grandparents love it, my siblings love it, my friends love it. We love this game - we regularly have Tetris Tournaments with our friends; six of us heading into our thirties, playing Tetris on a Saturday, heheheh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality toy for hours of fun and secret learning!, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tetris Link Board Game (Toy)
I bought this game to try and distract my sons from their various electronic game obsessions. The game is exceptionally well made - the plastic pieces are smoothly finished and feel substantial, the game board (like a modified Connect 4 board) is robust and looks fit to last hours of gameplay and my only minor gripe would be that the scoring sliders on the side of the board may suffer for enthusiastic young hands trying to move them in the heat of play. They have not failed or suffered as yet but the grooves the sliders click into can be skipped so that an extra point is scored surreptitiously and this leads to some arguments... The scoring system is actually quite complicated and the instructions could be a little clearer.

However, that being said, this game does demand the development of strategy skills, spatial awareness (the clear plastic game board and the see through coloured pieces mean that younger children can position the pieces on the outside to check how the piece could be rotated to avoid a points penalty by leaving a space underneath the the piece when it is slotted into the board) and turn taking under strict parameters.

This game has now become a part of our family week and we look forward to getting the board out. It provides a most welcome interruption from computer and games machine screens and has enough challenge to interest even my self confessed tech addict 10 year old. I look forward to playing Tetris Link with them for years to come - a super adaptation of a well loved computer game.

Tetris Link Board Game