5.0 out of 5 stars Another sweet Nokia candy bar
As a previous owner of the Nokia 1616 (an even cheaper handset with even less features) this phone was somewhat of an upgrade!

Who's it for?
Published on 4 Feb. 2012 by A. Clarke

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing. Easy to use handset, but very poor build quality.
As a previous owner of Nokia 3210 and 3310 handsets, I had no hesitation in selecting two more Nokia handsets for day to day use.

Pro:
Easy to use
Good battery life compared to my smartphone
Radio worked great
MP3 playback worked well with all the MP3s I've tested it with, upto 320kbps.

Con:
I ordered a pair of these handsets...
Published on 26 Dec. 2012 by David A. Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Another sweet Nokia candy bar, 4 Feb. 2012
A. Clarke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia C1-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Dark Grey (Electronics)

Who's it for?
The Nokia C1-01 is a basic phone but with enough technology so as you don't feel completely inferior to your consumerist iPhone friends - some of these features are incredibly basic; it does have a camera, for example; however, I would only suggest using it if the subjects of your photos are incredibly ugly and you wish to flatter them.

What's it like?
Phone wise it's nice and simple as you'd expect; It does however seem to be quite sensitive to interference, so don't stand next to any speakers during a call. It's loud and clear and has a loudspeaker function in case you want to keep your hands free (not that I'm implying anything) Texting is also a pleasure and unlike the Nokia 1616, the keypad is nice to press and very quiet. The keypad is quite narrow and therefore I wouldn't recommend it for people with clumsy hands or the elderly alike.

It has an MP3 player - also a good time to mention that it has a proper headphone jack (a truly good effort by Nokia) and using it with my own headphones on the train to London I was satisfied that unlike with the camera, it performed well - you will need a micro SD memory card to store one album or more though.

Battery life
The battery life is excellent, although, not as good as the Nokia 1616, which, will run for over a week with heavy usage! This phone will last a week with light use, but as soon as you make a few calls and use the MP3 player you'll more than likely half that time - still very good though.

Connectivity
It has WAP so you can technically use the internet - if you want the internet though, you shouldn't really be looking at this phone - it's suffice for checking email in an emergency.
Bluetooth is included, unlike on the Nokia 1616.
Another plus point for the Nokia is that it features both the thin needle charger port (standard on a lot of modern Nokias) and the new micro-usb connector for transferring files - as noted below in the comments section you cannot charge the device through micro-usb.

Overall
If you're looking for a phone that's easy to use, has good battery and a nice addition of an MP3 player, the C1-01 is definitely worth checking out. If you think that bluetooth, MP3 player and a terrible VGA camera will be lost on you, have a look at the Nokia 1616.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent phone, 20 Aug. 2011
Bought this to replace my aging nokia 1100. simple to use but fully featured really impressed.Lovely clear screen and graphics which can be user configured.Battrey life is very good and has the new compact charger which is a bonus.mp3 player is excellent especially with 32gb mini sd card, just the job for listening to your music through portable speaker on your hols. Even the radio works but the supplied headphones are poor much better sound quality through my own set so it's the headphones and not the phone. Camera is low image quality but works well enough.Two things that did catch me out was that you can't send picture messages unless you insert a mini sd card. You need to buy a data cable to connect the phone to your pc and turn the phone off and then on to establish connection. Much faster and easier than to transfer music and pics than blue tooth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 8 Dec. 2011
I bought this phone following the death of my old N97. It does all the basics and with a camera and mp3 player for the price it is a bargain. You can download google maps for it, although it doesn't have GPS this is still a useful feature. The only issues are that the menus / interface are clumsy and if you add WMA music tracks to the music player it doesn't recognise the track numbers and lists them in alphabetical order (doesn't happen with mp3 files but I haven't been able to find away around it). Also the Nokia messaging / chat feature only seems to allow you to chat through OVI and won't let you select any other ones i.e. windows live messenger. Other than those slight niggles it is a great phone and a nice mid-point between a basic phone and a smart phone. A memory card is a must if you want to use it as an mp3 player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nokia C1-01, 27 Oct. 2011
M. A. Bryan - See all my reviews
Bought this as a replacement phone for my son who seems to get through phones more often than he has a bath. It's a good phone wilth all the basics on it, an ok camera and a good battery life. It does though just feel a bit light and plasticky and hasn't got the heft of a more expensive model - but hey you get what you pay for and for the price this is cracking value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia C1 - 01 Phone, 10 Feb. 2012
Mr. A. P. Stott (Lichfield UK) - See all my reviews
I am not a big mobile phone user, therefore something like an iphone or Blackberry or any other high spec phone would be wasted on me. The Nokia C1-01 is ideal. It does what I want it to do, it is simple to use and probably the best basic mobile i have owned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nokia C1-01 mobile phone, 6 Sept. 2011
The phone is good and easy to use.... No problems at all...
Recommend if you just want a basic phone that does everthing you need.

4.0 out of 5 stars great little phone, 11 Feb. 2012
Good phone, simple to use as a phone with the capability of getting internet if you want to, whilst being small enough to slip into any pocket, only draw back the Bluetooth is not compatible with my Ford Bluetooth in my car, hence only 4 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Nokia C1-01, 26 Oct. 2011
Great product. It performs exactly as per description. I did think that the battery would last a little longer as mentioned in other reviews but maybe they didn't keep it switched on 24 x 7 as I do.

I love the simplicity of the phone and is just perfect for my use which is for texting mainly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Basic Phone!!!, 25 Mar. 2012
Mr. Lee A. Dayes "L Dayes" (London, UK.) - See all my reviews
What can I say, this phone is brilliant if all you want to do is text, phone and occationally go on the internet for something quick. Love the fact that I can place my contract SIM and a pay-as-you-go SIM in there, and they both work fine. Bought this as I was going to Spain and didn't want to have a great big Orange bill when I came back. I've even dropped the phone a couple of time, first time was in Alicante airport, and I thought great - only just bought the thing and it's broken, but nope! - works fine. The menu is easy to use, so much in fact that I'm thinking of buying one for my mum and dad!

4.0 out of 5 stars For those wanting a phone not a gadget to manage their life, 20 Jun. 2012
Bantam Dave (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I don't want to manage my life with my mobile phone. I have no desire to spend hours on my phone messing around with my apps, surfing the net or twitting on my tweeter account. All I want to do is phone people up, or allow people to phone me up, and send the occasion text message. Because of this the Nokia C1-01 is an ideal phone for me and at a reasonable price. Of course if I so desired I could use it to trawl the internet or take photo's but I have a camera and a laptop for that so why should I bother? This phone does what I bought it for perfectly adequately and that will do for me.
If I had one reservation it is that it is rather light and flimsy and I wouldn't want to drop it that many times, so I would recommend that anybody purchasing one also purchases a cover, but that is no hardship as decent ones can be found elsewhere on Amazon for just a few quid.

Nokia C1-01 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Dark Grey