5.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek Next Gen Complete Collection
This is mainly a review of the boxset, rather than the show itself, which is undoubtedly excellent (5 stars!).

The Amazon listing is extremely low on product detail. So, here's some info you'll be hard pressed to find else where.

The boxset itself is made by CBS Dvd, who also made the latest Frasier and Sex in the City boxsets. Like these other...
Published on 17 July 2011 by R Hartle

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty dvds
I love this series, but there is something wrong with this box set, which might be the same for all the sets.
I ordered mine at the end of November 2011, didn't get through the whole set for a while, especially as I was away for half a year.
Just this month I realised that some of the episodes in the final series would freeze near to the end of the episode...
Published 16 months ago by Jocy

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boxset, 15 Jan 2012
Jack Quann "jqbilbao" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Full Journey [DVD] (DVD)
Well this may be slightly biased - but I doubt many non-Trek fans would buy this one. Great boxset, great extras - including a disc at the end of the set of pure extras (as well as at the end of every series). Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Whilst I love star trek and have no problems with the content ..., 26 July 2014
Whilst I love star trek and have no problems with the content of this set.The setup is just simply dreadful.If like me you get quickly irritated by nonsense,I would suggest that you buy some other set [ if it exists without the problems of this one ] There is no facility to press just once on your remote to play all four episodes on each disc.Instead you have to press FIVE times BETWEEN each episode.So twenty times or more,to play all four episodes. Stupid and unnecessary.What fool dreamt this idea up? I repeat,Star Trek five stars,this set one star.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dvds skip horribly, 27 Aug 2012
Awesome series but, as most of the other reviewers point out the dvds skip horribly. I'm part way through season 2 and have encountered 3 episodes that skip and an entire disc that won't play. Even the menu freezes up. With any box set there are people who get shoddy discs but when so many people complaining, I wonder if it's all of them.

I hope Amazon will refund my money / give me ones that actually work...maybe if I tell them "make it so" :)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is amazing and exactly as described., 29 May 2014
I came onto amazon to get the link to this product for my friend because i have just introduced him to the series. I noticed that it is not currently being sold by amazon because a customer said it was not as described. If my imput is worth anything, i would like to say that this is the box-set i own and i wanted to find this particular link because it /IS/ correct - other box-sets have the episodes in the wrong order. And I KNOW that because i have watched every single episode on every single disc from every series. Hope that helps.
As far as the content is concerned, Star Trek is amazing and everyone should watch it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Packaging review..............., 7 Mar 2014
alanscape (Stirling- Scotland) - See all my reviews
Everyone knows about Star Trek but I felt it was necessary to comment on the various complaints about
the all cardboard packaging.
I have experienced damage to discs being dislodged in plastic boxes and then sliding around getting
badly scratched during handling in transit.
These all cardboard sets keep the discs in place a lot better than individual boxes... they don't look so
pretty but in the long run they're smaller overall and appear to protect better.
Only my experience, of course.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for any fan!, 24 Jan 2014
What a great buy! Only about £60, (At time of purchase in Dec '13), for a complete collection of 'Star Trek: TNG' that was about £160 only a few months ago! What remains of my social life will now be gone as i whittle away whats left with hour, upon hour of the crew of the Starship Enterprise!

Now go away and stop bothering me! Im watching Star Trek! :D

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality control, 20 Dec 2013
Euan C. Fyfe - See all my reviews
It seems that every copy of the set has at least one faulty disc with unplayable tracks. Be very careful to test all of the contents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek The (best?) Next Generation, 11 Oct 2013
Aremess "AremessUK" (Littlehampton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I hadn't watched these (Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Full Journey [DVD]) since they were first broadcast on national TV.

Now, every trekkie fan has their own personal favourite series and, until now, mine has always been 'Enterprise' (other than the thorough enjoyment of the original Star Trek). However, now I'm not so sure. Originally, I didn't like the 'Q' element but, watching it all again (and not having to wait a week for the next episode), my mind is gradually being changed.

Everyone seems to accept that the Star Trek franchise changed the way we looked at TV sci-fi. The storylines were always quite engrossing and, although sometimes a little too "American flagwaving" for the UK market, were always well developed and well acted. And it's on the latter where the viewer gets drawn in to the stories.

I still don't know whether ST-TNG is to be my all time favourite, all I do know is that I am loving watching the episodes all over again.

Well deserving my 5 star rating and thoroughly recommended. (now to start saving for my next Star Trek boxed set - perhaps get the original series???

----------------------

I note that there have been some reviewers complaining about faulty sets. This almost put me off buying but I did anyway and, lo and behold, I got one of the 'dodgy' batches. However, though the 'My Account' section at the top of the Amazon page, I notified Amazon and 36 hours later I had my replacement which works perfectly. So, although I understand that defective goods can be a nuisance, to only give a 2 or 3 star rating when the replacement service is as good as Amazon's is, to my mind, unreasonable (and I speak from many years experience with Amazon UK!)

5.0 out of 5 stars just right, 22 April 2013
lovely set for a present my son was delighted with it.The price was just right as i always shop around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 1 Feb 2013
Very good value for money and good quality. Packing is good for me as when I face a choice - less space or more solid box I prefer the small size as it is not hard to be careful with DVDs when take them out or put them in.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›