5.0 out of 5 stars Great film!
Very funny and feel-good film. Great actors with good chemistry, especially Rachel McAdams, even though the love story is not the main story line. Highly recommendable for a lazy afternoon.
Published on 4 Jan. 2012 by Felix

3.0 out of 5 stars Having Fun with a Rom Com
If the romantic comedy genre became any more insipid, we should just release it into the retirement pastures. Modern Rom Coms surround beautiful women who are seemingly incapable of bagging a man, when in fact they should easily get at least a few decent dates. The latest victim of the Rom Com conveyer belt I have seen is Rachel McAdams in `Morning Glory'. The barrier...
Published on 14 Nov. 2011 by Sam Tyler

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Morning Glory, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Morning Glory [DVD] (DVD)
Happy with purchase and arrived quickly. Bought the DVD as a Rachel McAdams fan and was not disappointed. The other cast members were also good. Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good character movie, 20 Mar. 2013
Chris Morse "faraway_pictures" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Morning Glory [DVD] (DVD)
I got this in a Blu-Ray deal. I knew nothing about it but as Harrison Ford usually delivers thought I'd go for it.
It pleasantly surprised me. Rachel McAdams character as a workaholic worked very well. It's nicely fleshed out enough to not be a 2D person, but you feel for what she's trying to achieve though you don't really pick up on why she has this driving force in her.
Ford is superb, you want to just grab him and give him a shake to wake up to what his personality is doing to all around him.
Nice to see Jeff Goldblum again as well as her boss, hoping she makes a success but up against a corporation that has other ideas.
The boyfriend bit is the most disjointed and ineffectual, but it does add a nice diversion from the TV show and helps you feel her frustration.
Diane Keaton also shines in this, again with a nicely fleshed out character that has more than 1 side.
It was also nice to have some genuinely laugh out loud comedy. Me and my son were in tears at the exploits of the weather man.
A very nice surprise of a film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monrning Glory, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Morning Glory [DVD] (DVD)
Love it. Love all the cast. Watch Harrison Ford's face - it really shows what a great actor he is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely film with a great message, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Morning Glory [DVD] (DVD)
I did not know anything about this film before I watched it- I just knew that the lovely, Rachel McAdams, had the main role and basically all of the movies that she has been in, she is amazing, so I could not wait to see it! I thought it was a very sweet film with a great message: "hard work really pays off!" I also thought that Harrison Ford was hilarious. I do not think I have seen any of the films he has starred in before, so I was pleasantly surprised!

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD review, 12 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Morning Glory [DVD] (DVD)
This is a halarious film where a new kid on the block (Rachel Adams) is trying to make it in the breakfast TV world. She has already been given the push from one network because her ideas are too radical. She then manages to land another breakfast TV job and works with an old hand (Diane Keaton). But still the ratings drop and her new job is on the line. She has this brainwave to call in a grumpy old TV hand (Harrison Ford) to boost the show and her survival.
Talk about a prima donna -he does not want to play ball with this young kid -and he and Keaton just do not get along -too much past history!
Sounds like a recipe for the EXIT door? This film is hilarious and the interplay between these three actors + Mr Goldbloome from time to time is excellent! You will enjoy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Morning Glory (DVD), 6 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Morning Glory [DVD] (DVD)
Well what a slow burner this one is! but, it eventually gets around to the part we were all anticipating & that is the dynamics between Keaton & Ford, they just ooze star quality & the script soon had me smiling & laughing, especially when the 'weather' presenter gets involved. It is a feel good movie & all the leads are terrific if slightly underused, most especially Keaton, who is fabulous.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a smash, but good for a Sunday afternoon, 12 July 2014
I have to say, as a Rachel McAdams fan, I found this one to be my least favourite so far (or maybe on par with the Time Traveler's Wife).

I found her character a bit annoying - the overworked, constantly twitchy producer - it sort of made me feel a bit stressed! But I guess that's what makes her a good actress seeing as that's exactly what she's meant to be in the movie.

I didn't really buy the love story and didn't feel the film needed it to survive. Harrison Ford is the best actor in the film - he's charismatic, funny and it's unusual to see him in such a role so it was refreshing.

I only laughed a couple of times but thought it was mostly mildly amusing. I just thought the story overall was a little boring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as you may think!, 10 July 2014
Samantha "Using audiobooks to make the commut... (Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morning Glory [DVD] (DVD)
Actually really enjoyable girly film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Film, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Morning Glory [DVD] (DVD)
Wonderful film to watch., Me and my mother sat down on a week night with nothing else on TV we decided to put this on. It was great - made us laugh and cry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Morning Glory [DVD] (DVD)
The film arrived sooner than expected and is in perfect condition. Brilliant film, well worth buying, definitely something that can be watched more than once.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Morning Glory [DVD]
Morning Glory [DVD] by Rachel McAdams (DVD - 2011)