5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Few Pounds I Ever Spent
Published on 14 Aug. 2011 by Mo

3.0 out of 5 stars Too easy for dog to chew through the fabric.
It's a very good invention and certainly helps to prevent my dog pulling on the lead. However the fabric under the chin is easy for the dog to chew on and chew through so I had to reinforce it with extra fabric which prevents it sliding well. A more robust fabric in the first place would improve the design.
Published on 30 Dec. 2012 by bee

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Few Pounds I Ever Spent, 14 Aug. 2011
We had a harness on our little Parson's terrier but it didn't stop him pulling. He gets very excited whenever he goes out and is also dog aggressive. He didn't take to the Halti headcollar at first and pulled it off quite easily.The safety attachment means that even if the Halti comes off the dog is still attached to his lead. We used rather a lot of treats to get to the park the first time and this tactic worked - he got rather attached to it! After only 2 walks he accepted it really well. The Halti has an instant effect, when the dog pulls the noseband tightens, which they don't like. As soon as the dog stops pulling the noseband loosens. I can't say my dog is the sharpest tool in the box but he instantly responded and now walks to the park at heel perfectly. As we were leaving the park this morning, 2 dogs nearby began an argument. My dog had his halti on ready to go home and as soon as he barked and lunged at the other 2 dogs, it tightened and had an instant effect. He knows that he can't fight it and calmed down instantly. This product was half the price online than in my local pet superstore - including the cost of postage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy walkies restored!!, 29 Oct. 2011
My not so docile springer has used a halti for years. He has sniffs and pulls on a traditional collar, but is a dream on a halti! Definately recommend them! The leather padding on the nose part makes it look even more comfy. Speedy delivery even on standard option

4.0 out of 5 stars The minefield of dog head collars! (size 3), 19 Sept. 2012
kt (west mids) - See all my reviews
This halti head collar is actually pretty good for the following reasons; it's not so severe that it prevents panting - a must in hot weather, it's discreet - who wants to advertise their incompetence at dog training and reliance on a head collar?, It's easy to use and put on. And it comes with a safety link to the dog's usual collar so if the dog does manage to hook it off with their claws, you still have them on the lead. It's not as easy for them to wiggle out of as some I've tried but it can slip up very close to the eyes even when you have exactly the right size. I like the padded version as it's more comfortable for the dog. In summary - if like me you have a strong dog (I have a german shepherd) and there are times when you need that extra bit of control but you don't want something more severe like a dogmatic for example, then this is the best one I've used - and I've tried a few!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!, 20 Nov. 2012
for the last 6 weeks, our 9mth old golden retriever pup has been pulling more and more on his walks.so eager to get to the field, meet dogs, and people. think he knows he is stronger than us...someone recommended this as a solution. OMG first walked with him wearing it last night and was like a different dog!!! no pulling whatsoever, my arm was completely relaxed at my side :) before taking him out i did put it on, take it off, repeatedly to try and get him used to it. we had maybe 4/5 times where he rubbed at it during the walk, but that was it. didnt worry when we walked past people /dogs that he was going to pull me over in his excitement to make friends . again today he rubbed at it, but the difference in pulling is amazing! am sure he will get used to the sensation of something over his nose in time. in the meantime, i'm not getting pulled here there and everywhere and not ending up frustrated rather than enjoying our walks. and he seems much calmer in general ( that is probably just us being more relaxed though tbh)i would recommend this product to anyone. with a little patience and perserverance he will get used to it. i am so impressed with the already huge difference it has made. no idea how it works so well, but it does!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars halti is the best, 28 Jun. 2011
This is the best thing since sliced bread! I am disabled, now using an elbow crutch, and could not control my new puppy when walking. My last dog was 16 when he died but he was perfect and never needed a lead. However my family bought me a pup, (forgetting that I have major physical problems now,)and she is very strong. I did try the Gentle Leader but she could remove that no problem and it does not link to collar, so when it's off so is the dog! Now with the Halti, which has a joining clip to the collar, I can walk her at my pace and NO PULLING!!! Fabulous. Once again I can get out of the house and ENJOY some quality walks. TIP: You should still continue to use voice commands and train your dog while using this or the dog will never learn the art of correct walking.This is just an aid to this goal.
ENJOY.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too easy for dog to chew through the fabric., 30 Dec. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant result, 5 Feb. 2012
Mrs E Edser (Horsham, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This proved to be 100% successful the moment that I put it on my dog. Brilliant result. Only problem was that I ordered a size 3 and my dog is a lab/collie cross and it is a little too big even adjusted to the smallest size possible so I have now ordered a second one in size 2

2.0 out of 5 stars Despite being right size, this Halti is completely disproportionate and our dog can get free!, 11 Mar. 2014
Ordered this item and it arrived quickly (so can't fault the seller) although sadly the first impressions didn't last!

We have two dogs - a Doberman and a SMALL English Mastiff. Our Doberman (mardy teenager) already has a Halti (non-padded) which is fabulous. We ordered a second one (padded, size 5) for our Mastiff, expecting the same quality and fit. We were distinctly wrong!

This particular Halti has a VERY poor fit. It doesn't appear to be the wrong size, as it's snug across the muzzle (as it should be) however it's too long around the back of the neck, and the underside (which attaches to the lead) is also far too long. It seems completely disproportionate, and as other reviewers have said, our dog can simply put his head down and quickly move backwards to get free of it. No amount of adjusting has stopped this problem. It's even worse when he sees dogs running loose - he gets excited and wants to play, and the Halti frequently comes off.

When it DOES come off, the only part connecting the Halti to his collar is a strip of very thin nylon, and for a determined 40kg+ dog, we're suspecting it won't be long before it snaps. Ultimately, it doesn't do the job and we're going to contact Halti to see if we can exchange it directly.

3.0 out of 5 stars No miracle cures, 17 July 2013
I have bought both size 1 and 2 Halti head collars for my 10 month old border collie. The size 1 is a little small and the size 2 is a little big, but that's just bad luck I think. When in use it certainly stops her pulling to the extent that I can walk her without thinking my arm is coming out of the socket. However she hates it and I'm pretty sure it's because it hurts. Even after using Halti for several weeks, as soon as I reverted to other means she pulled as hard as ever. In my opinion she only didn't pull as much with the Halti because it hurt her to do so.
Summary: as a means of enabling a semi-civilized walk without getting a dislocated shoulder - pretty good. As a "real" training aid to encourage your dog to walk without pulling - not good at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars New dog!, 10 Jun. 2011
Took my 9 month dog for a walk with dread again, this time he snapped his lead!
Came home and ordered a halti, turned up today and its like walking a different dog.
Fantastic product, would recommend to anyone with a dog that pull's!

HALTI Headcollar Padded Black Size 4