5.0 out of 5 stars Watch to swim with

1.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Elegant
Published 12 months ago by Neil

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch to swim with, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Solar Watch SNE094P1 (Watch)
Wanted a watch that I could swim with so needed one that was resistant to 100m I have had several Seiko prior so quite like the make, last watch had trouble with the winder getting broken so was please to see the extra side protection. Read the reviews and all seemed ok, one said that the strap had cost him an extra £10 to have alter as it was rather large but I have fairly heavy rest's so didn't consider this was likely to be a problem Wrong!! There is little adjustment on the clasp (only 2 locations) and the strap was very loose I noticed there were arrows on the rear of strap spoke to supplier quite helpfully they put a contact telephone number on the bottom of invoice. It was confirmed the pin can be push out in the one direction (Found a blunted drawing pin fits well) so took out 2 links in no time and all was fine.
Delivery was the next day much faster than stated and the watch was all set up and has kept good time for the week or so that I have had it, now is rapidly becoming an old friend. I have had automatic watches before but they tend to be heavy so wait to see how well this solar watch works, which only time will tell.

1.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Elegant, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's Solar Watch SNE094P1 (Watch)
As other reviews the bracelet will needed adjustment. This is a different bracelet to the YouTube instructions on adjusting Seiko bracelet so I hope my comments will be helpful. I bought a Rolson magnifying glass £3.50 on Amazon as with my ageing eyes I could not workout how to remove the links. It is in fact easier than the earlier Seiko bracelets. It is not necessary to remove the spring pin from the clasp to separate the bracelet, though I did this. On the inside of 3 or 4 links either side of the clasp you will see arrows. The pin hinges can be pushed completely out in the direction of the arrows. Use a Apple phone pin or paper clip. It is quite a hard push and the bracelet needs to be slightly lifted off the table when you do it or you will simply be pushing the pin hinge into the table instead of out of the bracelet. I also gave it a little squirt of WD40 but should be necessary. Take out the required number of links and reassemble. Don't put the pin back tight until you have tested the fit. If all good push the pin fully home. The pins are actually a tiny split pin (can only see this with the magnifying glass) and only fit one way. If the bracelet is slightly loose but not requiring another link out you can make a small adjustment by moving the spring pin holding the clasp to the bracelet to the adjacent hole.
As a bonus the hands and dots on the hours are luminous. Not mentioned in the product info.
***********************************************************************************************
Update: I have just changed my review from 5stars to 1star. I have had the watch for a month and just noticed 3 bad scratches across the glass face. I am careful with my watches and having owned lesser brands and not scratched the glass in years i find this unacceptable, especially when the product is advertised as "Protective Hardlex Glass Window Lens".

4.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Watch, 7 July 2011
This review is from: Seiko Men's Solar Watch SNE094P1 (Watch)
Excellent watch and excellent delivery,only snag is that I had to pay £10 to get the bracelet to be made to fit my wrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Watch, 14 May 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's Solar Watch SNE094P1 (Watch)
Great looking watch. Purchased to replace a similar model stolen in a burglary. Very clean and simple design which is easy to read in daylight and at night, due to good flourescent hand and digits. Looks good on the wrist, had some comments on the 'smart new watch'. Good to have the Day/Date facility as I frequently forget what day of the week it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 13 Dec. 2013
Roy B of Bracknell "Roy B" (Bracknell UK & El Rafol D'Almunia ES) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's Solar Watch SNE094P1 (Watch)
Love it - hope it will last for ever! Ask again in 5/10 years time? With its Eco power and no batteries needed and yet the accuracy of a quartz movement - here's hoping!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 9 July 2013
Sotirios Kapellos "sk63" (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's Solar Watch SNE094P1 (Watch)
Nice contrast (white vs. gold). It was charged when arrived. it did not need initial solar charging.
It seems to be very accurate, as it did not lose any second the last week..

I have it 1,5 years now. It is working properly. It gains a few seconds per month.

The bracelet adjustment is a bit difficult but once you do it when you buy it is ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 April 2015
This review is from: Seiko Men's Solar Watch SNE094P1 (Watch)
Excellent product exactly what I wanted

Seiko Men's Solar Watch SNE094P1