5.0 out of 5 stars Core 80gb External Hard Drive
Published on 18 Aug 2011 by J. Adam

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning to 64-bit OS users
This product is very small, light, a good price, and perfectly functional. On 32-bit Operating Systems!
If you are buying this and are planning to use it with a 64-bit OS, navigate away from here immediately as the driver software will not be able to install, thus resulting in you winding up with a useless piece of black plastic.
I have personally made this...
Published on 30 Nov 2011 by Christopher

5.0 out of 5 stars Core 80gb External Hard Drive, 18 Aug 2011
J. Adam "James Adam" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CnM Core 80gb 80 gb 2.5 inch External Hard Drive Portable USB 3.0/2.0 - Black (Electronics)
A great item, just plug in and save no software or drivers required, this little device is also encrypted, if your item gets lost of stolen no one can see your information. A small size with large file capacity, take it anywhere with you, fits in your pocket.[[ASIN:B004NHT84K CnM Core 120Gb 120 gb 2.5 inch External Hard Drive Portable USB 2.0 - Pocket Size Slim - Black] To encrypt you have to sign up to Deslock for a free account, download and activate the software licence.
Any device that's linked to the Core external hard drive via usb to your laptop or PC can be encrypted, single folders can also be encrypted.

Handy little gadget.

JA

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed but ...., 1 Dec 2011
I wanted this to back up my music library (which is not that large). I plugged it in and could use it straight away. No messing.
A couple of quibbles but I wouldn't want to put you off buying it.
Firstly the are no instructions just a load of tripe called "The rules" which seems to be marketing hype.
The lead has two USB terminals and I'm really nor sure what the second is for. However I plugged in the main one and everything worked. The available space registered by my computer is about 76, so you would want to get a larger size if you were near the limit.
Good product that a computer illiterate such as myself can easily use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and Quick., 12 Nov 2011
I bought this as a second external hard drive just to double protect my most precious photos and files. I pluged it in and saved my stuff, as easy as that!

One slight inconvenience; the lead that came with it was a bit short, but hey, at this price who can complain. I would highly recommend this to anyone who needs to take a small drive on a journey or who wants to back up special stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars How good is this!!!, 7 Dec 2011
I. PRINCE "Country music monster" (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this item after a scare when a friends high end external hard drive corrupted and all was lost. I didn't want to spend a fortune and this seemed to fit the bill. I gotta say I wasn't disappointed. It worked straight out of the box, installed itself within minutes and has accepted over 20,000 CDG karaoke tracks with room to spare.
It's a tiny unit, unobtrusive and pretty stylish. It's powered from the USB port on your computer so no need for an additional power source.
I have no hesitation recommending this product. It's given me enormous piece of mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works ok on a 64bit windows 7 Pro, 1 Dec 2011
Although I didn't buy it from Amazon, I personally had no problem with this disk drive working on my Win7 64bit system. I tested my drive with H2TESTW and it seems to be quite fast

36.6MBytes/s write
38.4MBytes/s read

Using a full write/verify cycle. Not bad I think for a USB2 HDD.

Hope this helps others buying this drive.

My only gripe is I have to find 2 USB ports to run the drive.

Someone also mentioned there was no manual, try this link for the manual

[...]

The manual is a PDF download link at the top of the page

5.0 out of 5 stars Item arrived today, 8 Oct 2011
Very happy with my purchase, so happy you can use a password on this which is excellent to store private documentation

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning to 64-bit OS users, 30 Nov 2011
I have personally made this mistake but luckily I also have a PC running a 32-bit OS so I was able to verify that the HDD was not malfunctional. But still, I am very angry I wasted my money to find that this drive is not compatible with what I intended to use it for.

Once again, if you're looking for a very well priced and very well built External HDD to use with a 32-bit Operating System, by all means go for this product.
However if you're planning to use an External HDD with a 64-bit Operating System, avoid this product!

The only things keeping it from 1 star in my review are the facts that it was delivered to me 24 hours early, and it works flawlessly with my 32-bit OS computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard drive for photo storage., 4 Mar 2012
I bought the external drive solely as a means to back up and transport my digital photos. Compact size and power supplied via the USB port of my desktop computer influenced my choice. I don't need a huge capacity or very rapid access to an individual file.
I'm very pleased with the drive. It was inexpensive, at less than £40 delivered. It is quiet in operation, and has so far been completely reliable. Delivery was exactly as promised by Amazon.
I could confidently recommend the drive to anyone with similar needs to mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable Hard Drive, 21 Dec 2011
Very speedy service. Item exactly as described and already in use. USB cable a little short (as other reviewers have mentioned) but is no problem!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit naff but does the job - just, 6 Jan 2012
J. A. Ferguson "photowalker" (Farnborough, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
Main problem with this device is that you have to remember to "safely remove hardware" (in XP anyway), otherwise any data on the device gets corrupted to the extent that you cannot read it or delete it - most annoying.