5.0 out of 5 stars comments from a 4 month owner's point of view
Here is my Epson R3000 review after 4 months of ownership.

1.Ink consumption:

I guess the second most important aspect of a printer is it's ink consumption (first being, obviously, print quality).

I have printed 20 a3+, apprx 40 A6 (10x15cm) and 30 13x18 printouts. All of them "borderless" for that matter. Of these, 2 a3+ were black and...
Published 20 months ago by Christos Vladenidis

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PRINTER!
For the first two years this printer produced some excellent prints and I was very happy with it. However, it has since caused me nothing but frustration. It regularly smears the prints with ink resulting in umpteen sheets of wasted paper. I brought it to an Epson approved specialist repairer and they failed to find the cause. I do all the utility checks - nozzle checks,...
Published 5 months ago by JOHN

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Epson Stylus Photo R3000 A3+ Colour Inkjet Printer (Personal Computers)
The first printer I received had a problem recognising one of the ink cartridges and so I had to have a replacement printer. Amazon were very quick on the job and refunded my next day delivery charge as they couldn't meet the delivery deadline with the replacement. The replacement works just fine and the prints are exceptional. I suggest that any new user spends some time getting to know the printer driver and its options as this is what makes this machine produce exceptional prints. The other thing to beware of is the number of 'Start Here' manuals you get with it, I think there are 6 altogether and like all good things Japanese they're clearly understandable, but not necessarily are they set out in a helpful way so that you can find topics easily. To get it working with Wi-Fi I found it easier to throw the manual away and do it myself. On start-up the ink levels reduce dramatically as the tubes connecting the cartridges to the heads and the heads themselves are charged for the first time, but the on-line manual that comes on the CD does point this out and tells you it gets better with second and subsequent cartridge replacements.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really poor reliability, 17 Aug 2013
I wouldn't touch this printer, mine malfunctioned after very light use indeed, reliability is a known issue (particularly failure of the changeover solenoid). As the machine was outside of it's, very mean, 12 month warranty Epson were totally unhelpful, their offer of a standardised 408GBP repair is a joke when the machine is a top end model. Epson did, of course, express surprise that the printer had broken down so early in it's life expectancy, however regrets were all they were prepared to offer. As a photographer who had previously used the Epson 2400 I can also say that the print quality on the R3000 shows absolutely no marked improvement over the earlier model. So do not be tempted to upgrade if you have the earlier printer. The R3000 is also a very uneconomical printer to use, ink use is very high and the fragility of the printer's construction means that use of epson inks is pretty much a necessity.
Avoid at all costs.

5.0 out of 5 stars super printer even if complex, 29 Jun 2014
got my new printer and very happy. I didn't realise that it has choices of blacks which makes life more complicated than needed really also printer turns its self off which I have to remember. when in a hurry .but all in all very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Stylus Photo R3000 A3+ Colour Inkjet Printer, 28 Jun 2014
I ordered this printer recently and it arrived the day before it was supposed to. I haved used it for black and white prints, and so far, I have been very pleased with them, no colour casts at all. I ordered this particular model so that i could produce decent black 7 white prints, and it does that. Very pleased so far

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab printer, 30 Mar 2014
My Epson R1800 needed replacing after many years of service so after much research I settled on the R3000. It was easy to set up and the first prints I made were spot on. I am very happy with this printer for colour and black and white prints. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars New super printer, 31 Jan 2014
Looked at the options and made what was for me a big investment in this printer. Easily set up and prints are ones you just want to keep on staring at!

5.0 out of 5 stars I like!, 12 July 2013
For me it is the best there is for sale at this price! I am very happy with the purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent printer, 7 July 2013
It's quite big but it prints up to A3+ paper. There were a few problems setting it up. However, it is now working well. The prints are sharp and the colours clear. Once I have settled upon the correct profile, they should be consistently excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product thank you, 23 Jun 2013
Ms C. Pain - See all my reviews
This printer is working just as the other reviews promised - very high standard of printing and good, clear set up instructions that meant that in one evening we were able to get started. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this printer, 16 Feb 2013
After debating between 3 printers, I went with this one after it was recommended and so happy with it. Easy to set up, and because I use wireless feature on it, I can put my printer where I please. I am happy with my prints. And it does come with ink cartridges. So you can try it straight away once set up.