Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 18 May 2013
I'm always disappointed by the results that a standard three colour plus black printer produces when printing a photograph which may look fine on the screen but turns out dull and lifeless when printed. The R3000 nine ink printer produces excellent photographs with a full range of colours and shades of gray. The downside is that the machine is rather large, although the ability to print A3 may prove useful, and fairly expensive in itself as well as being expensive to run. However, for the moment at least until technology moves on, this has to be accepted. To counter the running costs I usually do a test run of proofs on a standard printer before using this photoprinter to produce the final result.
on 25 January 2013
As ever, you get what you pay for, this will produce images, which are impressive and will, with Epson Inks, last. The printer will reflect your standards and what you want to offer the 'audience'. Glad I bought it.
on 31 October 2013
Not the cheapest printer on the market, and perhaps for not everyone, for the R3000 is a larger A3+ format more suited to the, a a retired professional, like me, or advanced amateur who need a printer that delivers images of quality similar to that obtained in a photographic print. It is not cheap to run particularly, but then quality printed images are never going to be thus. The R3000 I purchased was simple and easy to set up, gave a cracking image right from the start using Epson photo paper and the correct profile, and continues to do so in daily use for small quantities of work needed quickly. I replaced my R2800 printer with this unit because I had nothing but problems with the ink blocking and the R3000 also has a matt black cartridge which is simple to switch over to for art work image papers. Used regularly, it is my opinion, that this printer should give me lasting usage.
The R3000 is better if you already have some working experience with high quality imaging, but essentially works along familiar lines to others of its ilk. I have used many machines for printing my photographs on. This unit, with 9 cartridges utilizing pigment inks is one of the best I have seen for quality, particularly in black and white, which reproduce better than most others I have experienced. A useful and valued tool.
on 30 May 2014
This is my sixth Epson ink jet printer. The quality of printing from photographs with this printer is by far the best I have had. However,
there are serious problems with it. After using it for a little over a month the printer has failed to recognise three (different) colour
inks, and my printer has been unusable for some days after each of the failures. I am absolutely certain that the cartridges
involved are genuine Epson inks, bought from Amazon, are genuine and are the correct ones. This unreliability is causing me considerable problems as well as incurring added expense for cartridges. I have contacted Epson Technical Support but have
had no success in solving the problem so far. What a disappointment the printer is.
on 31 August 2015
This printer has failed completely on two occasions within one year of light usage, both requiring full replacement under warranty. Both failures have been caused by different problems with the paper feed – suggests endemic design faults or very poor quality control. Astonishingly bad, considering this is a printer aimed and priced at professionals. For reference, my HP B9100 served me for many years.
on 11 October 2013
My R3000 is superb. I have previously used Canon printers but my new R3000 is a quantum leap better. The prints are stunningly vibrant, and an A3+ print comes out as quickly as an A4 on my Canon. Early days yet, but the ink consumption on the Epson seems to be a fraction of what my Canon used just cleaning the heads. And the computer interface with the printer is so easy to use.
on 28 June 2014
I ordered this printer recently and it arrived the day before it was supposed to. I haved used it for black and white prints, and so far, I have been very pleased with them, no colour casts at all. I ordered this particular model so that i could produce decent black 7 white prints, and it does that. Very pleased so far
on 3 January 2014
Nice compact printer, loading paper media is a bit finicky , the add on for paper roll at the rear of the printer is a good idea, but feels flimsy like its an after thought, not the same quality as the rest of the printer .overall print quality is great .also nice to have colour display for ink levels and instructions.
on 16 September 2013
This is the printer I have been looking for.
The fact that the box was badly damaged does not seem to have damaged the printer
Will find out more when I have had a proper print run. Larger ink tanks are definitely acceptable.
Well built with good display information and menu
on 17 November 2015
The problems with this 3 year old printer are endless, but two major ones. 1) Paper feed is erratic, it may take two are three or ten attempts to get the printer to accept the paper - typically it passes straight through only to be told it is out of paper. Its current trick is to load correctly, start to print than to stop as if for a rest and then up to an hour later eject a partially printed image.

Epson support is non existent. If the printer is out of warranty and you are not using Epson paper the support staff have no interest whatsoever to the point of rudeness

I am now looking to buy a new printer and am extremely nervous about buying Epson.