4.0 out of 5 stars An endless series of fetch-quests in a sandbox world
Dead Island is set on Banoi, a tropical paradise. Our protagonist (whoever you choose) wakes up in their hotel having been left for dead [pun intended] and finds that the resort is overrun with flesh-eating zombies. Grabbing whatever is at hand, you proceed to bash, slice and hack your way out of the chaos, stumbling across survivors as you go.

Firstly, a...
Published on 14 Sep 2011 by J. Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfies a zombie survival urge but not by doing anything well
I'm not convinced the game is finished. The enemies and pick ups level with your character to the point of making a level up largely pointless. The ability to select a light skill refinement on level up such as 10% more durability on blunt weapon use isn't much payback. I would swing my bat the same number of times to drop an enemy whether at level 1 or 40. I unlocked the...
Published on 13 Sep 2011 by Dan

4.0 out of 5 stars Over my expectations (incl edit), 26 Feb 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Island (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I installed the game from the disc, no problems. So played it after a small hour.

I haven't been playing it for so long, but I'll do this after what I have experienced so far.
Good:
-Open world
-Nice graphic
-Good environment
-Zombies don't come in steams like RE4 (movie)

Bad:
-The map guidance sometimes really suck - once I was on the hunt for alcohol, and instead of guiding me directly back from where I came, I was guided around a huge building which resulted in I was followed by a small army of zombies.
-When you are injured, the effect does look somewhat of a "budget" thin
- The water is ok, but it doesn't really look that good - and after all there is a s***load of it.

That's pretty much all I can say right now.
But if you are wondering whether to buy it or not - especially based on reviews: BUY IT

Edit:
In the long run, this game is pretty boring - just running from one end to the other, killing zombies ... it is not as fun as it sounds like

5.0 out of 5 stars DEAD ISLAND (PC DVD), 7 Dec 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Island (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
THIS IS A ZOMBIE GAME A PRESENT FOR MY HUBBY. REALISTIC ZOMBIES. PLENTY OF ITEMS TO KILL THEM WITH.IT IS NOT JUST A ZOMBIE GAME BUT THERE ARE ITEMS THAT YOU CAN USE TO KILL THE ZOMBIES WITH.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good game!, 26 Oct 2011
Ty Segura (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead Island (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I find this game to be fantastic, whether your playing this game by yourself or not, It is truly amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys slicing and bashing the undead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 15 Sep 2011
This review is from: Dead Island (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I have been playing this game for several hours now and have not yet encountered any technical issues or serious bugs. On my system I am able to run it on the highest graphics settings and it looks great. I like the large open world it gives you to explore and there are plenty of main and side quests to keep you occupied. The printed manual that came with it is pretty basic, but there is a hints section in the game where help is available. As at the time of writing this review you seem to need to be online to play it, even if you select to play it in single player mode - switching the Steam Client to offline mode will prevent the game from working. If you do all the main and side quests and explore everything, I expect there must be dozens of hours of game play available in just the single player mode. For me, this is a great fun and addictive game to play.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashes, 27 Sep 2011
Mr. S. Penman "MedicineMan" (Falkirk) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Island (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game looks promising, but crashes every thity seconds or so for me. i7 quad and 2x Gtx 285 in SLI,(still crashes when disabled), and plenty of memory. Reminds me of The Witcher 2 crash experience before patching. Think I will cease P.C. gaming when the new consoles come out, starting to get the impression that these companies wouldn't be too much bothered. Game over for P.C.games, I've had enough of products not fit for purpose. Avoid until you get good evidence of decent patching.

3.0 out of 5 stars steam software, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: Dead Island (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
hiya pc users this is a good game but one problem all games these days are run with software call steam before you buy you will need a online connetion to activation key for the game steam it is abit of con because the game licence only have 1 user so therefore you buy the game that your licence to play in stream you can't play the game til you activation game online.

5.0 out of 5 stars One hell of a game, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: Dead Island (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I received it as quickly as promised and was surprised by the fun the game does. It is quiet addictive...

5.0 out of 5 stars Farcry meets Resident Evil meets World Of Warcraft, 18 Sep 2011
Mr. D. Smith (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead Island (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I love the originality of this game. Was a bit sceptic about another zombie whacker but a friend of mine told me Dead Island was well worth the money so I took the plunge and bought it. The graphics are gorgeous and it's really fun to play, going around the island completing missions whilst sticking to a story line. The co-op mode means you can go through the game with your friends too so you dont have to do it all alone. One of the best games this year in my opinion

2.0 out of 5 stars buggy, 19 Sep 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Island (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I would've given it a better review, but I'm afraid it's just too buggy. After 10-15 minutes of play, flickering dots appear all over the screen, the sound loops over and over and it totally crashes the PC. After which it's a 'switch the PC off at the wall' job - this has happened three times now.

It's a shame because it showed signs of being quite amusing.

Dead Island (PC DVD)
Dead Island (PC DVD) by Deep Silver (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)