on 17 June 2012
I am a runner and have tried loads of small MP3 players - something you can tuck into your shorts without weighing you down. By far the worst was Sony (the battery was flat before you reached the end of the road) and the best, by about a million per cent, was this little GoGear. It is light but not fragile, easy to use, carries enough songs for the London marathon (even at my pace) never lets you down, and the battery runs for months without needing recharging. Of course, if you want sophisticated functions and a huge memory, this isnt for you. But if you want something utterly light, reliable and robust, you cannot get better than this. I had the first one for over two years, when sadly, because it was so light, I didnt realise it was in my shorts pocket and washed it in the washing machine. It is a tribute to the robustness of it that it still worked, but unfortunately a week later I tumbled dried it for two hours, and even my lovely GoGear could not cope with that! However, I immediately replaced it with an identical version and that is just as brilliant as the first one. Go get a GoGear!
on 27 June 2012
Easy to install and populate, easy to play - shame about the sound quality.
I bought this as it was a newer version of the previous Go-gear MP3 which I owned for 3 years, but which was accidentally left on a plane. The new model is more basic, but easy to use. I squeezed 965 tracks onto it, which is okay, but the previous 4gb mp3 held way over 1000.

However, the sound quality is poor - lots of hiss at medium volume. If you're using it through earphones at low volume it might not be a problem, but I got this for the car and it's not really worth using it at low volume. The graphic equalizer doesn't do much to improve the quality. It'll do, but I miss the old one.
on 29 November 2012
First of all, let me just say that I think this is a great product although there are a couple of bad things about it that I'd like to point out:

The USB connector doesn't work properly at times. The fact that this MP3 can simply be plugged into a computer to be charged is great, as is the fact that it doesn't have an easily-misplaced lid. However, the problem with this is that the USB connector that you plug into a computer is thinner than normal. After a couple weeks of use, I found that it wouldn't plug into my computer properly without using something to hold it in place (although once I do that, it works fine).

Another problem is that it seems unable to play certain MP3s. I'm not sure why this is but for some reason it seems to only effect modern songs. I did find that converting the MP3 files to WMA files did solve this problem however.

Overall though, I would say that this product has more pros than cons:

For the price, you can fit a lot of albums and podcasts on here so in terms of value for money, this is one of the best MP3 players I've owned.

The fact that it can play WMA files (if you happen to rip CDs) is something that I've found particularly helpful. And although I don't use the function very often, the microphone tool is quite useful.

Overall, I would highly recommend this product.
on 10 May 2012
bought this for my husband who finds it easy to use, great for downloading direct from pc. Allround good value for money. The size is practical, and if you only want an MP3 to listen to your type of music it is great.
on 24 December 2012
There was no way to return the product once i recieved it.So expectations were not very high.True to form it did not even see the month out.Bought this product to last up till the new i pod came out but if failed miserabley.Expect better from philips .
VINE VOICEon 29 July 2012
Easy to use, easy to load and manage tracks. Great functions and sound quality and a really great purchase. I like the retractable usb rather than the standard capped top which can get lost or become loose.

HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!
on 28 September 2012
Fantastic piece of technology; great sound quality, very easy to use; battery life not as good as the Philips Raga but overall a very good affordable product
on 31 March 2013
VERY GOOD product. I am using it a lot and never had any problem with it. Good one for this price.
on 6 December 2013
•Do explain why you liked or disliked this product.
•Do compare to similar products and share how long you've used this product.
•Do identify specific attributes (e.g. comfort and fit of a shirt or the battery life of a camera) and whether they met your expectations.
•Don't describe your seller or delivery experience (you can do that at amazon.co.uk/feedback).
•Don't include promotional content of any kind or reviews written
on 6 December 2014