4.0 out of 5 stars blistering
Published 22 months ago by Anoosh Falak Rafat

3.0 out of 5 stars Asking Alexandria's Average Sophomore Effort
British Metalcore band Asking Alexandria return with there Sophomore effort, Reckless and Relentless which, truthfully, has come out a bit of a mixed bag.

Welcome - Average introduction, a bit of roaring near the end of it. 2 Stars.
Dear Insanity - An interesting song that like most Asking Alexandria tracks is quite ferocious and has a bit of melody, but...
Published on 12 April 2011 by Mrs. D. M. Sutton

4.0 out of 5 stars blistering, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Reckless And Relentless (Audio CD)
There was a short period when my passion for music faltered, I stuck to what I had ignoring new releases and even neglected a lot of my CD collection. This sad state was happily broken when on re discovering the SCUZZ channel and was greeted by new videos of Mastadon and Megadeth as well as the band Asking Alexandria a band who I knew nothing of but who made me think I should start listening to music again.

For an easy sound comparison I would say that Asking Alexandria are what happens when you put Slipknot and Enter Shikari into a metal core blender. It is a bit chaotic on first listen, and actually some songs sound a bit jarringly comical, but it does all make sense eventually.

Check out the track `A Lesson Never Learned' which nicely brings together the rough and the smooth, to get a good idea of Asking Alexandria firing on all pistons, all of their parts come together in a finely crafted manner and shows off their full potential.

On the whole the album is probably a bit of a love it or hate it marmite affair, it will not appeal to any genre snobs (but we don't care about them) this album is solid and at times exciting and if you listen with an open mind you will be rewarded.

Track List:
The Match
Another Bottle Down
Reckless and Relentless
Morte et Dabo

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to this when you've had a bad day! It works a treat., 1 April 2014
This review is from: Reckless And Relentless (Audio CD)
I love my music, espeically metal. The only way to describe AA is 'in yer face'. Screaming guitars riffs and vocals from Danny Worsnop. Its THE album to vent out your anger too if you've had a bad day. In the sleeve notes Danny says if you dont like the music they make, DONT LISTEN! I agree with him. Metalcore isnt for eveybody, but for people who love the harder sound, its a bloody good listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars ^_^, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Reckless And Relentless (Audio CD)
Asking Alexandria have to be one of my favourite bands and this is just great. This is a must buy as it's simply great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughters choice, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Reckless And Relentless (Audio CD)
Personally I cant stand this group (what a row), but my 15 year old daughter loves it, therefore five stars from her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album!!!, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Reckless And Relentless (Audio CD)
This is my absolute favourite Asking album!!! I've had it on repeat ever since I bought it ! My favourite tracks probably Breathless but I love EVERY song so much! :D highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 18 Feb 2013
One of the best albums they've ever done, I listen to it all the time and it was well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: Reckless And Relentless (Audio CD)
One of the best albums I have ever bought. Asking Alexandria never fail to tell the truth in their songs, not leaving out the emotional and painful details, their music being what anyone in pain needs to hear. Loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Punk/Rock loving 12 years old grandson., 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: Reckless And Relentless (Audio CD)
This is what my 12 years old grandson asked to have for his birthday, so I was happy to oblige

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite bands, but an unbiased review, 18 Aug 2012
Ben (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reckless And Relentless (Audio CD)
Its August 2012 as I'm writing this, I first discovered Asking Alexandria in late 2010 & Stand Up & Scream Blew me away to be honest, so I knew it would be hard to beat the liking I had for that album.

This album being the second one from them, is a very good album, a little sketchy in some places. You can hear the musicianship becoming more passionate as the riffs have become a lot more intricate rather than the original approach of "chugging" with a few powerchords thrown in for a chorus, personally I liked that approach & style simple yet heavy & fun!

Buy both albums & the forthcoming third album! If you're into metalcore & "insert random title here" core then you'll appreciate the music of Asking Alexandria :p

5.0 out of 5 stars Asking Alexandria, 10 Aug 2012
This review is from: Reckless And Relentless (Audio CD)
Already knew all the songs when it arrived and already had them on my iPod, just wanted the CD too!
I personally find Askings first album better an this, but I still love both! Listen to their songs all the time but this CD is slightly different from Askins previous songs!

Reckless And Relentless
Reckless And Relentless by Asking Alexandria (Audio CD - 2013)