4.0 out of 5 stars 9/10ths of an iphone
At this price the Apollo is ok value, but if you shop around you can get one for 79.99 which is a no-brainer.

The phone is great, reliable, fast, with a good camera and superb sound. In fact it offers an experience 9/10ths of an iphone.

Published on 19 April 2011 by PSYCHO The Snail

3.0 out of 5 stars A good not-so-expensive smartphone but battery poor
I bought this pone back in June this year from the CPW. It is very easy to use, touch screen is responsive, the swype text feature is good, although takes a bit of getting used to. The camera at 3 or so MP is ok - best used for outside shots as there's no flash.

Published on 26 Dec 2011 by kad

3.0 out of 5 stars A good not-so-expensive smartphone but battery poor, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy 3 i5800 Android Sim-Free Mobile Phone - Black (Electronics)

My main gripe is the battery. I find it dies too quickly - I'd say I need to charge it every other day and that's just a few calls/texts each day. Also you get no warning when the battery's dying - the phone just goes off. So there's you sitting there thinking 'wow, my phone's been quiet today', and so you go to pick it up just in case you missed a text/call only to find your phone's not even on! What a pain! This has caused me to wake up late on a couple of occasions as the alarm didn't go off.

So although this is a good phone, I've got to mark it down to a 3 for the above issue. Sort it out Samsung!

4.0 out of 5 stars 9/10ths of an iphone, 19 April 2011

The android app store lets the side down though. it is full of junk applications and is very hard to find a good one.

The only down side is that you need to get this on a contract or a pay as you go bundle with free data like (Giff Gaff). The phone will not allow you to totally turn off background data communication from apps. This means that you lose about 1 per day in data charges. I've searched the forums and it seems this is a common complaint, and one that is quite annoying costing 30 a month in data charges.

I purchase mine with a silicone case and screen protector bundle (from amazon) for 6. These are much better than the ones from Carphone Warehouse as they don't leave bubbles under the film and are cut to size already.

So to sum up, the Apollo is a very good phone, camera and gadget. It's not as good as an iphone but if you have free data (available on bundles from 10 per month), over the term of a typical iphone contract you'll save about 500-700.

3.0 out of 5 stars battery dies too fast, 4 Jan 2012
W. Lynn (UK) - See all my reviews
Got this phone off a friend who bought it but didn't use it at all. So imagine how shocked I was when I found out how quickly the battery runs out. I only started to use the phone 4 days ago and I've charged twice already with just a phone call, 15 texts a day with less than 5 min. on the internet a day!!! I came on the site to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem and sure enough it was mentioned. Also I was wondering before when the friend told me to use Giff Gaff in order to get cheaper deal. I didn't think I was getting a bad deal from Vodafone Pay as You Go but as one of the reviewer mentioned about getting charged 1/day for data...Mmmm...not great. The main thing about this phone is the battery life - not what it claims to be at all. My 5-year-old Nokia doesn't do anything apart from make calls and texts can last a lot longer than Samsung Galaxy Appollo after 5 year's of re-charging.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too slow., 16 May 2012
I've owned this phone for about 18 months and can't wait for my contract to end (T-Mobile). It was good for a few months, then just deteriorated. The battery isn't too bad (not great though) but the problem I have is with the battery life bar. It'll suggest that you have about 50% power then within minutes it's almost completely dead. I don't use apps beacause it's too slow and constantly crashes/freezes. I put some music on and put a new micro sd card in (8gb) and daren't put any more than 4gb of stuff on it because the phone totally freaks out and shuts down when I try to do more than one task at a time (i.e. listen to music and send a text).

The signal is terrible and the youtube/facebook barely work. It's SO frustrating!

The camera - It's useless for anything even slightly in motion. Totally useless. However, for close up stills i've found it to be very good indeed. I took loads of pictures at a Butterfly Farm and they came out beautifully - perhaps almost professional. But that's about the only positive thing about this phone.

My contract is up in December and I don't know what I'll get next but I'll be bloody sure to do my homework before I choose a replacement!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value if you know how to handle it, 27 Feb 2012
Rev John P Adams (Torrington, Devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
At the price I paid for it (under 50 refurbished and unlocked) this has to be a bargain. But you have to know a bit about Android to get the best out of it.
The first thing I did after charging it fully was to turn off all the things that drain the battery: WiFi, GPS, and - especially important if you don't want the phone to access internet all the time - 'use packet data'. You will find this in Wireless and Network Settings - Mobile Networks.
I then downloaded Samsung Kies onto my laptop and connected the phone and updated the firmware.
Turning on the various features mentioned above only when I need them means I only have to charge the phone every few days. (I am told the firmware update helps battery life too - especially if you still have Android 2.1)
I have had no problems with the phone so far (I have no experience of upmarket smartphones - I don't need what they have to offer).
My main reason for buying this phone was to make and receive calls, send the odd text, and use it as a wireless hotspot for my laptop/android tablet. All these things it seems to do quite happily.
The only reason I have not given 5 stars is that the phone arrived in battery hungry mode and little advice in the handbook about saving power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy 3 i5800, 9 Mar 2014
I this Samsung Galaxy 3 i5800 , so easy to use having a tremour tho makes it hard for me to text so got a mini dauber and made the job easier, lovely phone bought the wife a same model to

4.0 out of 5 stars samsung phone, 15 July 2013
easy to use, quick dispatch, good seller. would recommend
can use most android apps on the phone, and well worth buying

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow and outdated as soon as it came out., 19 Feb 2012
This is the worst phone I have ever owned. It falls apart at the slightest bump, it doen't respond very fast and as soon as you install 3 apps it freezes. The camara is incredibly bad, the worst feature of this phone by far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible phone, 5 Jan 2012
I bought this phone as my iphone was stollen and needed a quick replacement very poor choice. The battery dies very quickly when texting the phone freezes on me and the aps are rubbish unlike other phones I can't get on the internet without wifi.
For teenagers its a great phone I have dropped and accidently thrown my phone over a car park and it didn't scratch or break so its as solid piece of work. The camera is ok dose a good job of stills sound is really good but not worth the money even if its a andriod phone give me a blackberry or iphone anyday