4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 8 May 2012
This review is from: HP-P1 Headphone amplifier and DAC for iPhone/iPod (Electronics)
I bought this rather extravagant item after I purchased a pair of AKG Q701 reference headphones, being reference headphones they do require an extra headphone amp to get the best sound from them. I was considering getting the Fiio DAC converter which is cheaper but as I spent so much on the headphones thought I would splash out on the HP-P1 I'm glad I did. The unit is very well made and has a solid feel to it, most important the sound from my iPod classic and iPhone has significantly improved and although it is another gadget to carry around I would not be without it now. It is very expensive and what I would call a luxury item. Battery life has been good so far, it's also really nice to have a physical solid volume control rather than have to fidget around with the iPhones small buttons, if you appreciate high fidelity sound I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good unit, 11 Oct 2012
If you are ripping your files in high quality lossless formats and using expensive earphones then this unit is certainly worth considering. In my opinion audio quality from my iPod into Shure SE535s is considerably better than plugging the phones straight into the ipod.

For lower bitrate files or mediocre phones it is not going to be worth it - but if you are interested in the best quality audio you can get from an Ipod then this is very good indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars great service, 4 Dec 2011
Excellent service. The guys contacted me because they were celebrating their 20 year corporate anniversary. and were going to ship a day late...nice touch especially since I would never have noticed... the product arrived in A1 condition and is an amazing sounding/versatile piece of kit which I would recommend to anyone...

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Sound, 24 Oct 2014
If your a bit of an audiophile and travel a lot this amp/dac is for you. I use it with iPod classic , Sennheiser HD650 headphones and up-graded Cardas headphone cable also available on Amazon.uk. The sound is smooth and warm with plenty of detail. Brilliant peace of kit.