5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price
Published on 20 Jan. 2012 by chrisleeds

3.0 out of 5 stars It is just ok!
The taste is nice, not too much flavor! The package is plastic so I would prefer the glass jar more for this price.
I will be still looking for my favorite coconut oil as it is not the perfect one but not bad at all.
Published 10 months ago by Katarzyna Ocetek

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, 20 Jan. 2012
Nutivia Extra virgin coconut oil is a well used health product. No Hexane Rich in Lauric Acid Unrefined & No Trans Fats A Soothing Body Oil Nature's Ideal All-Purpose Cooking Oil The Coconut Oil Myth Coconut oil was once mistakenly considered unhealthful. The fact is, this oil is cholesterol-free and rich in the medium-chain "good fats" doctors recommend. Why is it that baby formulas often include coconut oil? Because coconut is one of the world's most nourishing super foods. Nutritionists suggest enjoying up to 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil each day, so help yourself to this heavenly, creamy taste of the tropics. Nutiva's Coconut Oil is: Cold-Pressed & Pure White: Not refined, deodorized, or bleached! Savor its naturally rich aroma and enticing light taste. Organic: So it's free from pesticides, GMOs, and hexane. Versatile: Ideal as a high-heat cooking oil (up to 350°), as a nutritious substitute in baking, as a "better-than-butter" replacement on bread, vegetables or popcorn and as a luscious oil for skin care, hair care, and massage. America Needs an Oil Change - While doctors suggest we consume a 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3, the average American diet provides a ratio of 20:1 or more - contributing to heart disease, skin disorders and arterial inflammation. So avoid out-of-balance soy, corn, and canola oils with their trans fats, oxidation and GMOs. Cook with coconut oil (with only 1% Omega-6) and use olive oil (also low in Omega-6), and hemp oil (with the perfect 3:1 Omega ratio) for unheated recipes. Not all saturated fat is bad! Coconut oil is cholesterol-free and contains medium-chain good fats with 50%-55% Lauric Acid-a healthy nutrient that supports the metabolism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nutiva organic coconut oil- yum!, 30 Jan. 2013
Out of all the coconut oils I have tried- this is my favourite. It tastes the best, and smells the best. I use it with jam on toast, for frying, as a skin moisturiser, in the bath and as a hair oil before shampooing. This tub would last me about 6 months- with use everyday. It melts very easily too and has the texture of an oil, some I have tried have the texture of lard which is awful!
You pay for what you get

5.0 out of 5 stars flavourfull!!, 3 Sept. 2011
Full of flavour, remains solid at normal temps. a hit with all the family.
fast and on time delivery,will use company again.
ericj

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !!, 16 July 2011
Very good coconut oil, will buy it again as soon it is finished. Did not find this quality in any shop or health shop. So thank you. I use it to fry, use it for my face in the evening (not too much) a bit in my hair, all very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for my hair as I read reviews ..., 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 444 ml (Grocery)
I bought this for my hair as I read reviews on how lovely it is for your hair as a conditioner, I have to say used for this purpose for myself was lovely. It smelt lovely and left my hair very soft.
I warmed a little in the palm of my hand and massaged through the hair, careful not to put too much on the roots (like most conditioners it will make the roots greasy) run this through your hair, I left it to work for 15/20mins and then washed out.

Lovely stuff for this purpose, didn't actually use it for cooking so I can not comment on this side of things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, superior quality, 19 Jan. 2015
Hang Vu (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Great product overall. Very good value considering the size. Didn't expect it to be so huge, this could last anywhere from 6 months to over a year. I use it on toast, as hair oil and skin and face moisturiser and the results are all amazing. It tastes and smells great, leaves hair and skin super soft and moisturised in these dreadfully cold winter days. Highly recommended for anyone looking for either a healthy nutrient boost or an alternative organic beauty product. Works wonder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too shabby, 30 Aug. 2011
After hearing about the phenomena's of the legendary coconut oil I simply had to try it out, I wasn't dissapointed at all. I was very thrilled with the quality of the product - however a little smaller than I had first anticipated. I've just tried a little on my skin and it absorbs beautifully, and the smell is subtle yet delicious! Fab. Only downside was delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all my life????, 17 Jun. 2013
Absolutely love this product. I take it orally on its own or in smoothies and juices. I also smother it on every part of my body, including my hair. It's cleared up my athletes foot and bleeding gums.
I'm sooooo much more energized and my skin looks fantastic. Can't believe I've never discovered this product before. It'll certainly be part of my every day routine from now on.
I also did ALOT of research before deciding which brand to purchase and this one consistently came out on top. Not just from Amazon buyers but in publications, clubs, websites etc.
One word of caution, I took quite a severe reaction to it...was quite ill for the first few days so I'd recommend small amounts in the first week.
If you're trying to decide ' should I' shoudn't I - go ahead, click the 'buy now' button and change your life! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 9 Oct. 2013
You will be surprised how yummy this is. I put it on my toast in the morning instead of butter and I LOVE it. You would think that it would be a poor substitute, as lets face it, we all love butter, but this actually tastes BETTER than butter - crazy but true.

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy!, 27 Feb. 2010
M. Jules "sem" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
nutiva extra virgin coconut oil smells gorgeous like the bounty chocolate bar. it says that its organic and that it can be eaten but i purchased it for my hair and skin. It really keeps my hair moisturised. after applying a leave in conditioner i use it to seal in the moisture as i have thick afro textured hair and keeps the elasticity in the hair strands. love it.