Published on 23 April 2012 by Techie Kev

1.0 out of 5 stars Duracell batteries not what they used to be
I have used Duracell batteries for 3 decades because they never leaked and were guaranteed not to do so. However in the last 18 Months I have had Duracell batteries leak in a clock, a toy train and most recently a Wii controller. The Wii batteries where marked as good until 2018 and had only been in the controller for 6 months.

After researching this I have...
Published on 27 Dec. 2012 by S. Hayward

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy batteries in the shops when you can get them at this price, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Duracell Plus Power MN2400 Alkaline AAA Batteries - 32-Pack (Personal Care)
When it comes to buying something pretty basic like batteries there are only a few criteria to consider before ordering. For me the most important ones are price, customer service and shelf life. Price is probably the most important factor and in my view you can't beat the price of these. As a keen photographer and confirmed gadget geek I get through a lot of batteries, the whole house seems to run on them so its good to be able to buy a pack of 32 like this for a price I would be happy to get an 8 or 12 pack for in the store. When I ordered I bought a 32 pack of AA and a 32 pack of AAA for under £10 each. Not only is the price great they arrived in just a few days on free postage. My biggest concern was what date they would have on them, for the price I honestly expected them to have a very short shelf life, I was wrong, they are dated 2018! I immediately ordered another 32 pack for my dad and recommended them to friends. In future I will always be buying my packs of batteries from here, highly recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars Duracell batteries not what they used to be, 27 Dec. 2012

After researching this I have found many people have had Duracell batteries leak. After contacting Duracell I have also learned that they no longer guarantee their batteries against leaking.

Very disappointing given that Duracell have managed to consistently make batteries that don't leak for all these years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Batteries what can you say, 17 Nov. 2010
The batteries were fine and in good date. The only issue, which is why it was 4 star rather than 5, was that they did not come in the pack as shown just in 2 cellophane sleeves. Other than that they were fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavyweights of the AAA battery division, 4 Jun. 2015
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
When I first came across these batteries they were in an advert on TV whereby pink batteried bunnies were climbing the face of a mountain and each had different batteries in them. Back then (20+ years ago) they were the heavy weights of the battery division and they still hold that title today.

I use these batteries on a daily basis for a number of different products and have found that they outperform all other batteries by a very long way.

They ensure that each device / appliance etc works optimally and they last a very long time. I put these in my LED torches for example a lot in the winter and use a lot of them, however I very rarely change them.

Although these batteries (Duracell AAAs) are with the most expensive available, I believe that they offer very good value for money given the performance and I believe that it's better to buy these less frequently than cheaper ones more frequently.

Verdict: Heavyweights Of The Battery Division.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Priced AAA Batteries, 16 Jan. 2011
These turned up from the supplier just a few days after ordering and are just a 16pack of Duracell Plus AAA Batteries as advertised at a very good price. No problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value pack, 8 Nov. 2012
Silver Surfer (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
If you have devices that use AAA batteries, it is worth remembering that for some devices they may not last very long. TV remotes and similar should be good for a year or eighteen months on a set of two, but other things may last rather less. The normal retail pack of four is very quickly gone and you may not have a spare when needed. With 32 batteries available in this pack, that is no longer a problem.

They have a good shelf life and should be good for a year or two longer than the offered use by dates. This multi-pack is a little more expensive than two standard 4-packs so if you need to discard a few if they happen to expire before use it will not cause a drama.

A known and reliable brand and a bargain price. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars the real thing, 29 Feb. 2012
don't know what all this is about not being the genuine article. product is fine, packaging is fine, great service as always

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery, excellent price, 29 Jun. 2013
Bookie (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Ordered these Wednesday evening and they were delivered Saturday. Saw 4 Duracell in the supermarket today price reduced to £3.50, so these are an absolute snip. These have a long shelf life, 2018, and the two I've used immediately are working fine. Happy to recommend the product and seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars not geniune packaging, 8 July 2011
A. Elliott - See all my reviews
supposed to have got 18 but got 4 packs of 4. Not official duracell packaging either. who knows if these are legit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described- very pleased., 11 Jan. 2012
I was a little hesitant after reading the other comments about them not being in proper Duracell packaging. However, I needn't have worried - they arrived today in genuine packaging (4 boxes of 8) and the expiry date is 2018. Very pleased and glad I ordered them now.