Published on 23 April 2012 by Techie Kev

1.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected
Published 8 months ago by Gurdip Nandhray

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy batteries in the shops when you can get them at this price, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Duracell MN1500 Plus Power AA Size Batteries--Pack of 32 (Personal Care)
When it comes to buying something pretty basic like batteries there are only a few criteria to consider before ordering. For me the most important ones are price, customer service and shelf life. Price is probably the most important factor and in my view you can't beat the price of these. As a keen photographer and confirmed gadget geek I get through a lot of batteries, the whole house seems to run on them so its good to be able to buy a pack of 32 like this for a price I would be happy to get an 8 or 12 pack for in the store. When I ordered I bought a 32 pack of AA and a 32 pack of AAA for under 10 each. Not only is the price great they arrived in just a few days on free postage. My biggest concern was what date they would have on them, for the price I honestly expected them to have a very short shelf life, I was wrong, they are dated 2018! I immediately ordered another 32 pack for my dad and recommended them to friends. In future I will always be buying my packs of batteries from here, highly recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected, 6 Nov 2013
I bought this pack thinking that they would come in useful as batteries are always required and with the advertised long life it seemed like a great price. However, I have been through one box already purely on a wireless mouse that doesn't even get used on a daily basis. I have tried the batteries in other devices and they don't appear to last. Either I have a bad batch or these are not very good! I will be writing to Amazon in the hope they will look into this

1.0 out of 5 stars leak - avoid!, 8 May 2013
These have 2018 date on them but so far have used only and have had them leak in 3 items! Binning the rest!

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 packs of eight = 32 batteries, 23 Feb 2014
Or at least that's what I thought when I brought this deal. Ok I only spent 3.28 on these last week when they had them up for 80% off deal but all that was delivered was one pack of 8. I'm not going to bother arguing for a refund cos it's normally 3.99 just for one pack in store, so I'm just going to chalk this off as a bad buy and won't bother again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed quality, 25 Jan 2014
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Bought a pack of 32 as the price was pretty good. What I received was a bit of a mixed bag of nuts. They were all Duracell, but they had a wide range of use by dates. 1 pack had 6 months left. Whilst the battery can still perform, it does suggest that they have been sitting in a factory somewhere for a couple of years. I used these batteries first in an LED light that took 8 cells. They performed OK and were still working past the use by date. I regularly use this light in my garage and in fairness, they lasted as long as I would expect a decent battery. I used another pack as a replacement and these were well within the use by date. About 1 month in, the light was playing up and not switching on. I found a bad cell that had leaked and corroded a battery terminal. I replaced the one cell, cleaned the terminal and all was working again (and still is).

A Third pack was used for various remote controls and again I had one bad cell that started to swell and leak slightly. The forth pack is in storage. I tested them this morning to find 1 cell was flat, but others were fine. I wondered if the cells that leaked were flat when used and were compensated by the other cells.

I guess it could be argued that 3 bad cells out of 32 isn't bad, but I paid for 32 cells and expect them all to work. Apart from that, the good cells worked as expected and performed as Duracell promise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price and product, 18 Jan 2014
Mike Renshaw (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Arrived quickly and worked well - seemed to be the genuine article. No issues as all with them, no dates on the pack but has a 10 year storage label on them and I tested a couple from each packet and all worked fine and were okay a couple of weeks later.

The price is excellent - you get almost double the amount for the price in a supermarket.

Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH, 6 Nov 2012
B. Ellis (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
We have had a lot of trouble with Duracell batteries, they leak & have damaged 2 pieces of equipment even though well in date! The final straw came when my husband tested the strength strip on a new battery, there was a puff of smoke and a hole blew in the side1 I emailed them & complained, I was asked to ring which I did. Goodjob it was a free phone number because we went round & round being asked the same questions & getting nowhere, I had to put the phone down in the finish. No refund was offered & I sent a final email saying I was disgusted with the lack of service & that I would never buy Duracell batteries again

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a bargain..., 21 May 2012
G. Walker (UK) - See all my reviews
Unless I am missing something (a brain, for instance) this looks like a great buy! The batteries appear to be standard Duracells and the best-before date of 2018 suggests that they are not tired, old stock. At this price, what's not to like?

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaked and ruined equipment, 16 Dec 2012
I've never had trouble with Duracell batteries before, but I purchased a 32-pack from Amazon themselves, not a marketplace seller and they leaked in 2 pieces of equipment even though they were well in date. One item never worked again. Very disappointed and won't buy again. I'm going to try Amazon's own brand AAs and Which? magazines recommendation of Energizers instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought I had a bargain., 23 Oct 2013
Thought I had a bargain until I saw them in the local garden centre at 2.99 a pack. But still well pleased and a very good price for excellent batteries.