4.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting Story!
This is an interesting paranormal romance. I really enjoyed it.

Published 5 months ago by Lynn Worton

3.0 out of 5 stars Original Take on Shape Shifter Stories
Published on 8 July 2011 by Killie

3.0 out of 5 stars Original Take on Shape Shifter Stories, 8 July 2011
Killie (Armadale, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon Blues (Kindle Edition)
I actually won this book in a competition and it sounded rather interesting as this was the first paranormal novel I had seen that was about dragons and not vampires, zombies or werewolves. What I discovered was an okay paranormal romance novel with some decent action thrown in. However, in my opinion the fact he was a dragon didn't really feel much different than if he had been a werewolf or any other type of shape shifter but it was style nice to see something a bit more original in idea.

The elements of action throughout the novel were fast paced and enjoyable. Edie Ramer also does seem to have a rather clear and concise writing style and she doesn't resort to overly flowery descriptions and waffle.

In regards to the characters, Lila came across as being stubborn and was rather irritating which made it hard for me to like her even if I could understand why she acted the way she did. Noah, however was completely different, he was actually someone you could feel for. The sense of loneliness he felt was palpable and it was obvious he had a good heart.

In conclusion, I suspect this will appeal to most Paranormal Romance fans, especially those who like shifter novels and want to see something a little different in regards to the main character being a dragon.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting Story!, 12 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Dragon Blues (Kindle Edition)
This is an interesting paranormal romance. I really enjoyed it.

Noah Long is an interesting character. He is a dragon, who has shape-shifted into human form to enable him to "fit in" with the human population. He has a deep appreciation of treasures and flashy items, but his greatest passion is music, Blues to be more precise. That is until he meets Lila Fox.

Lila Fox is also an interesting character. She is a strong, independent woman, who has not had a wonderful childhood. After (accidentally but on purpose) killing a man in self defense, she finds herself in Noah's store, but having to deal with more than she bargained for.

I downloaded this book when I first bought my Kindle back in 2012 as the synopsis intrigued me. I have read lots of stories where people shape-shift into dragons, and only one other book besides this one that has a dragon shift into human form to blend in. This story captured me from the first page. Unfortunately, about one third of the way in, I felt that the momentum of the story seemed to fizzle. It was as if the author was struggling to come up with something to tie certain scenes together. Other readers may disagree, because the book I downloaded was published in 2012 and, as this book was re-released in 2013, I don't know if my copy was updated with any changes. However, I persevered reading. The story picked up pace again and climaxed in an amazing fight scene near the end.

I am all for instant attraction, but insta-love after knowing someone for four days? I'm not so sure. Be that as it may, I loved the interaction between Noah and Lila, but most of the other characters seemed not as well developed as they could have been. I was also not happy with the villainous character of Carter Fromm. He didn't seem very convincing as a villain. He did have a huge ego and, although he had a crippling disease, I couldn't feel anything for him. I think that Carter Fromm got what he deserved in the end though.

Edie Ramer has written a paranormal romance that kept me entertained from beginning to end. Her writing style was fast paced, though the flow could have been better. I have not read any other books by this author, but I would definitely try her other books in the future.

Due to scenes of a sexual nature that are a little on the explicit side, I do not recommend this book to younger readers (under 16). However, I recommend this book if you love paranormal romances or stories with sexy dragons. - Lynn Worton

4.0 out of 5 stars Stand aside Beauty - a better woman claims the Beast's heart, 28 Jan. 2012
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dragon Blues (Kindle Edition)
It starts with a seemingly straight forward robbery. Yet as Noah Long watches the drug addicts attempting to steal items from his shop, even after two thousand years he recognises the soul of Beauty; the woman who feared and betrayed him after discovering his true beastly nature. Now re-incarnated as Izzy, she tries to manipulate Noah; however he turns the tables and calls in Izzy's older sister Lila. Immediately in Lila Noah recognises a fellow warrior and for the first time in millennia his beast begins to stir.

As Noah reveals to Lila what he is to save her life, the drama and action escalates. A wealthy man has also discovered that Noah is something special and wants him captured and drained of his blood. He'll stop at nothing to achieve his goal and kill anyone involved in his plan to cover his tracks and keep Noah's imprisonment secret.

Lila is a great character and easily a match for Noah, whilst their interaction from the start is entertaining and certainly heats up as the story line progresses. Lila is the type of kick ass heroine that could never settle for an average Joe, but falling in love with a dragon is certainly unexpected. She's a deadly weapon herself, but armed with a whole lot of rage and hatred following the murder of her sister, plus aided by a dragon clothed in human skin who comes in handy when things need to be incinerated, the bad guys don't really stand a chance no matter how bleak the circumstances Lila and Noah find themselves in. A thoroughly enjoyable, fast paced, exciting fantasy romance, "Dragon Blues" will certainly lift a blue mood. 4½ stars
Comment Comment | Permalink

5.0 out of 5 stars What a hottie Dragon !!, 28 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Dragon Blues (Kindle Edition)
Wow !! What a terrific tale this was between the gorgeous Lila and the hottie Human/Dragon. I have never read a book like this one before and cannot wait for another. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dragon Blues, 10 May 2011
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dragon Blues (Kindle Edition)
Noah may be a dragon but he has lived as a human for the last 2,500 years since he changed form for a woman he loved. Now he lives for his music and for his treasures but his heart has never quite recovered from the reaction his first love had when she discovered what he was. He thought his identity was a well kept secret but it appears that someone has figured out what he is and they are prepared to go to any length to find a way to use him to gain immortal life. Lila is a strong woman and a martial arts expert who has an intense need to protect those around her. She has a troubled past and a difficult relationship with the sister who she loves but has been unable to save from a drug addiction and violent boyfriend. When the person who is after Noah kills Lila's sister she is determined to get revenge but she is going to need Noah's help to draw him out so she can go after him. Can she bring herself to trust Noah in time to go after their enemy?

I enjoyed Edie Ramer's previous story Cattitude and love dragons so was looking forward to reading Dragon Blues and it didn't disappoint. I loved her characterisation of Noah and even in his human form you could tell he was still a dragon underneath. His obsession with his treasure was hilarious and I would love to get a look at his collection! He isn't just a dragon though, he is also a sexy man but one who has suffered in past relationships and is wary of love. Noah is intensely lonely though and when Lila catches his eye he doesn't hesitate to go after what he wants despite his fears which is something I really liked about him.

Lila struggles against the idea of trusting Noah, her past has shown her that even the people closest to her can't be relied upon so she has always kept to herself. Despite feeling drawn to Noah she is wary of him and worried about giving in to her feelings. She was a great character though, very strong and so protective of those that she cares about. Lila didn't think twice about putting herself in harms way even for the chance of saving a stranger.

I really enjoyed the action in the story and Edie Ramer certainly knows how to create a great bad guy. One of the things that sometimes annoys me is when there is no real motive for the bad guy's behaviour but in this case it is explained very well and understandable even if you don't agree with what he is doing. With some sexy love scenes between Noah and Lila and a fast paced story line Dragon Blues is a great story and one I would recommend to paranormal romance fans. I'm looking forward to seeing what the author comes up with next!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 22 April 2011
This review is from: Dragon Blues (Kindle Edition)
This is the third book of Ramer's that I have read and I no longer hesitate. She's a professional all the way. This book is just as well written as the other two, with a great plot line, wonky characters and full of humor. It's great to see a mix of mystery and darkness with the humor thrown in. It's definitely unique and quite unlike her other two books, but that in itself shows her extraordinary abilities as a writer.

Good for her! I highly recommend this book.

Dragon Blues