5.0 out of 5 stars Only when the clock stops does time come to life.
At the age of about 26 months, my daughter suddenly became obsessed with the time. From then on, many conversations around the house would go something like this:

"It's hass pass three!"
"No ... it's one o'clock. It's time to eat your lunch."

[Fifteen minutes later]

"It's one o'clock!"
"No ... now it's quarter past one."...
Published on 21 Jun 2012 by Nicola Hardy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for bigger kids
I bought this for my 3 y.o. who is really interested in the clock and the hours of the day, but the thing of having the number off , kind of ticked him off. So, I'd say it is good but keep it for bigger kids . And also if you have a smaller child this becomes a problem , because he kept taking the pieces off and my other kid would get sooo mad.
Published 13 months ago by Melis

5.0 out of 5 stars Only when the clock stops does time come to life., 21 Jun 2012
Nicola Hardy (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

"It's hass pass three!"
"No ... it's one o'clock. It's time to eat your lunch."

[Fifteen minutes later]

"It's one o'clock!"
"No ... now it's quarter past one."
"Korter pass one!"

And so on.

I hadn't really imagined trying to teach telling the time to a two-year-old, so I thought I'd have a look to see what kind of teaching clocks were available for younger learners.

The 'Tidlo Sorting and Teaching Clock' is made of wood, with a little stand that slots into the back to hold the clock face upright, but at an angle. The numbers are made out of magnetised wooden bricks, which helps to hold them in place securely. The hands of the clock are made of plastic, and are decently robust. Sometimes I have a little trouble setting them to exactly the time I want to, as they don't always quite click into place first time, but I don't find this a major problem.

I was drawn to this particular clock because it was attractive and colourful, and the hands of the clock could be set in various positions to demonstrate different times. Unlike other similar products on the market, the numbers are on different shaped bricks, rather than all being on circles, which helps your child to put them in the correct order on the clock face. To start with, my daughter just enjoyed taking the numbers out and learning how to put them back in. Once she had mastered that, I started talking about 'o'clock' with her. Now that she's starting to get the hang of that, we're moving on to 'half past'!

Whilst the clock is a great teaching aid for younger children, the nicest thing about it from my point of view is that it is also a toy, and when the complicated business of learning about the time gets a bit much, my daughter and I can have fun looking at numbers, colours and shapes too.

This review refers to the 'Tidlo Sorting and Teaching Clock' by John Crane.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely clock, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: Tidlo Sorting and Teaching Clock (Toy)
Tis is a beautiful clock, very clear and easy to understand and to explain to children. My 4 year old loves it as does my 18 onth old. It's a great toy - shape sorter, for teaching colours, numbers, shapes, and of course the time :)

5.0 out of 5 stars teaching clock, 19 Mar 2014
Ca (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tidlo Sorting and Teaching Clock (Toy)
well made, fun piece colourful and very good clock for helping a child learn to tell the time and about sorting shapes

5.0 out of 5 stars Good toy, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tidlo Sorting and Teaching Clock (Toy)
Great, as described, good quality and a recommended toy ( I bought it for my 2yr old nephew), s'all gd

5.0 out of 5 stars Tidlo sorting and Teaching clock, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Tidlo Sorting and Teaching Clock (Toy)
My grandson thinks this toy is great. I was pleased with how well it was made and hopefully he will learn very easily from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 Mar 2014
william ramsay weir "The auld yin" (livingston, west lothian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tidlo Sorting and Teaching Clock (Toy)
2 year old loves it. Building, stacking, puzzle and clock, She's tried them all and thoroughly enjoys it... ... ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Does more than just help to teach children the time!, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tidlo Sorting and Teaching Clock (Toy)
Love this product. Teaches shapes, colours, numbers & time. It even has a stand to prop it up like a photo frame. The pieces magnetically stick in the holes too so they don't fall out easily. Very good quality made product. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential teaching aid for early learning, 25 Jan 2014
julia ioannou (Aliartos, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tidlo Sorting and Teaching Clock (Toy)
This clock was even better than I hoped giving hours of pleasure to the recipient. Sturdy, well made,,brightly coloured, wooden, and at a reasonable price. I was delighted with it

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tidlo Sorting and Teaching Clock (Toy)
Great product, well made, versatile doing colours, numbers, shapes and time will be well used for a lnumber of years suitable from 2-8 years old. Value for money

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for bigger kids, 9 Jun 2013