5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price
Prior to purchasing this, I spend months looking at IEM's below 50. My shortlist included Soundmagic PL50, Nocs NS400, etc. Only reason I needed this is one of my tips for the Samsung Galaxy S2 IEM went missing. I choose this over slightly cheaper Sony's with button controls as the driver and sound quality is quite good. At 32 you really can't go wrong with these...
Published on 10 Feb 2012 by H. Pritam

2.0 out of 5 stars For me, not nearly as good as the EX300
For me these are a massive downgrade from the EX300 from comfort and sound quality perspectives. They do not sit securely in my ears compared to the older model despite using the exactly the same rubber flanges. This results in a total loss of bass and inferior noise isolation. I accept this may be a quirk caused by the shape of my ear canal and the new design but I'm...
Published 20 months ago by DomB

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality earphones, 28 Nov 2012
C. Roberts "carlbob" (Northampton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony MDREX310LPB Monitor Series Headphones with Noise Isolation Earbuds - Black (Electronics)
I do like sony earphones, these are no exception.
Very good sound and bass is just right. Feel well made, look good.
Only downside i havent found the right buds for my ears so they slip out when used at the gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Headphones I have ever owned, 24 Oct 2012
Had these headphones before and just replaced them with a new set after general wear and tear over a year finally took its toll on them. Fantastic sound quality and sound insulation but i would not recommend them for heavy duty users as they are quite delicate. Overall i highly recommend these headphones worth the price you pay for them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality for the price paid, 11 Oct 2012
I bought these Sony Headphones as a replacement for the original headphones supplied with my IPod, and I must say that I'm very glad that I chose to upgrade.

I had previously owned a pair of similar Sony headphones (whilst my sister had also owned a similar pair) which, themselves, gave a good sound quality. Thus, it was based on such experience that I decided once more to venture into the land of Sony's headphones.

The design itself is very good. The headphones come with a range of earbud sizes, meaning they fit comfortably and that they stay in place. Also, the wire is not split 50:50 between Left and Right, but more split 75:25, which means you can more easily keep any excess wire out of the way. The supplied carry case gives very good protection to the product, and is small enough to make using it viable.

The sound quality is also good. Whilst small, in-ear headphones will never reach the sound quality of larger headphones, this pair has a very good range regardless of the volume, the tone, or the style of music being played. They deal well with bass, whilst high notes remain crisp and clear rather than becoming tinny (as can happen with some other models of small headphones). They also block out external noise very well, so you're music is no longer spoiled by an impatient driver beeping someone, or a loudmouth pedestrian chatting away on a phone!

All-in-all, a very good purchase if you want a pair of good quality, but affordable, in-ear headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the price!, 18 July 2012
These IEMs are the best I've heard under 100. Punchy, tight bass, good mids (a bit warm) and good, really good highs for the price range. They outperform the $100 YAMAHA EPH-100 in pretty much every aspect. 2 things these IEMs need to show their full potential: burn-in and filter removal (some foam inside the nozzle). After removing the foam you will notice alot of details you couldn't hear before. It's a night and day difference. They got now the micro-detail of 100 phones and a very pleasing soundstage (width and depth).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Headphones EVER!, 14 May 2012
Brilliant. Definatley worth the money, Much better than some soundbeats audio headphones worth 90. MUst Must Must buy them!! FANTASTIC!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones I've had so far, 10 May 2012
This is my fourth different pair of Sony headphones, each time they get better and better!
One I still use at the gym, one lost and one the left speaker stopped working for some reason (I got a good couple of years use out of them though).

These didn't take much to 'burn in' - I left them on very loud for a day(not in my ears!).

The bass is exceptional - nice and deep but also clear and defined as I like it.

They block out a decent amount of external noise - even if you don't have them playing any music.

Treble is good - not harsh like a lot of cheap headphones.

I went on to internet radio to listen to different types of music and found that Flamenco guitar sounds pretty good with these headphones :) (Although I listen to Hardstyle generally).

The box/holder that comes with them is a bit bulky, but good for keeping the cables from getting tangled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing headphones, 18 April 2012
P. A. Evans (London) - See all my reviews
I can't fault these, even if they were double the current asking price of 35, i would still rate them as worthy of that price tag.

I listen to all genres of music and these handle all of them beautifully; they are loud, comfortable, noise isolating (from outside noise) and clear.

What sets these apart from other headphones is the excellent base (even does dubstep with no crackling) and the wire tidy which is very useful when using these in conjunction with a remote.

I don't know why people pay the absurd asking prices for the Dre branded headphones when you can get these for a fraction of the price and it's a trusted brand name to boot!

If there is one thing these headphones leave me still wanting is more noise isolation in terms of not sharing my music with the outside world but after buying a few highly rated in-ear headphones over the past couple of months, it's looking more and more like an impossibility for this form of in-ear headphone technology.

I'm guessing a new technology which would allows the speaker closer to the ear drum would be required.

I'm aware that closed cup over ear headphones are suppose to achieve complete noise isolation both inside and out but they make my ears too hot with prolonged use, so they are not an option for me.

Anyhoo, for 35, you can't go wrong with these, i can't recommend them enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection! Definate must buy!, 4 April 2012
WOW! I have never had headphones like this before! perfection! the sound is perfect and they fit perfectly in the ear!! i would definately recommend these headphones!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Mar 2012
Very pleased with the effectiveness of these earphones and I have only used the hybrid buds so far. Excellent performance in isolating the sound on my regular train journeys. The choice of earbuds supplied means you can select those that fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - better than the 70 pound bose that I used to own, 7 Mar 2012
Just like sony! Amazing sound quality, they are slightly better than the BOSE IE2s that I had before and they are under half the price! They seem a little flimsy, mind you all earphones these days feel that way! Hopefully they will last !

Best pair of headphones I've ever bought

ARRAY(0xa809be7c)