5.0 out of 5 stars Sony MDREX50LPB earphones review
Published on 11 Nov. 2011 by Mr Squid

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 left earphones?
Really disappointed with these headphones. When I opened them I though they looked odd, turns out I had received a pair with two left ear buds. And if that was not bad enough - the sound quality is also rather poor.
Published 16 months ago by Sophie

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony MDREX50LPB earphones review, 11 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Sony Mid-Range In-Ear Headphones with Deep Bass for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
I am very pleased with these earphones, they seem good build/sound quality but only time will tell. When listning to music they do block out outside noise a bit, which I like. These seem better build quality than my Skullcandy Ink'D earphones, and I will test the sound quality for a while and update. They also can fit any ear size as it comes with various sized earbuds. I bought them for £14 which was a bargain, so I highly recommend.

*UPDATE*
They are still working great, (its 22/12/11 at the time of update) awesome sound quality, build quality seems fine, no visible change from when taken out of packaging and have been used basically everyday. Extremely pleased with my purchase, and still, Highly Recommend.

*UPDATE*
Still working perfectly! (Its 13/04/12 at the time of this update) sound quality has not changed at all, still no visible change ever. And they have been used everyday, outside and in. One of the best buys I have ever made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sounds, 1 Jun. 2011
I use these in a sony mp3 walkman, the sound quality is richer than my old jvc's and they are far more comfortable, even inside ear defenders. Plus they work as an ariel for the radio, improveing reception greatly. Can not, for the life of me, see why anyone would pay more for so called high end products. You'd need the hearing of a bat to find any fault with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars These little beauties will blow your mind., 3 Sept. 2013
I have always used Sony headphones and for the price was expecting these to be decent but nothing spectacular. How I was surprised when i first used these little bombs of sound. The bass is deep and the treble perfect, they fit very comfortably and just sound awesome. It's now 5 months since I got them and they still look perfect and sound perfect if not slightly better. Considering I use them nearly everyday and don't look after them at all this has turned out to be one of the best £9.00 I have ever spent. These are well worth the money (not that you're spending a fortune) so grab yourself some, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 Sept. 2012
At 61 yrs old, my first set of earphones, brilliant sound, even for someone who has worked in printing since leaving school, and has no doubt lost a lot of hearing. BRILLIANT

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality earphones - cheap price!, 3 Oct. 2012
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
After misplacing my favourite and impossible to find earphones that came with my Walkman, I decided to purchase these due to the similarity in shape and of course the very reasonable price.

These earphones come with three different sized ear-buds(one pair already attached), I had to swap these around because the ones already on were way too small for my ears, but once the size was changed, I found these to be extremely comfortable.

As for the sound, I honestly didn't expect too much from these due to the price, but to my surprise they were a lot better than I had initially thought; the audio is very crisp and it can deliver a decent amount of bass also.

I've listened to a good variety of different genres of music from artists such as Skrillex, Owl City, Taylor Swift, Passion Pit, 30 Seconds to Mars & Metallica and have no complaints about the audio quality.

That said they're certainly not the best earphones I have ever listened too, but I feel you get more quality than what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 30 Nov. 2014
I bought these to replace a pair I bought over a year ago which unfortunately met its demise when one of our cats ate through the cable.

I bought them specifically to wear in bed when listening with my old i-pod while my wife sleeps on. The range of sound emanating from the i-pod is easily covered by these earphones. The in-ear buds are comfortable. I didn't want the silver outer colour but wasn't going to pay another £6 for red ones when I use them at night and can't see them when in-ear anyway. I checked reviews for in-ear headphones and for the price I paid, £14.25, they are a real bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 8 July 2011
Josh (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
After my old Sony headphones broke i opted the buy these, which looked good and are inexpensive. They arrived quickly and are very comfy, don't fall out my ears (unlike other headphones) and have great sound. It's early days, but so far so good for these stylish look headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 10 Dec. 2012
Ravyre (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
I was very hesitant at first because I was always used to earphones or ear bud headphones.
I really did not like the feel of them when they first went into my ears.
It took me a very long time to get used to them, but I was terribly stubborn. "I paid for the damn things, and I'll damn well get used to them!"

Looking back now, I am more than pleased with these!
I'm not expert on sound quality, but, I can't say I have any faults with them.
I used my MP3 (yes, MP3, not iPod or mobile) every single day. All my previous earphones would stop working in one speaker within 6 to 12 months.
I've been using these since April (now December) and so far no faults! This is evidence enough for me that they're hard wearing!

The only problem I have found is that if I leave them dangling out of the top of my jacket, sometimes one of the ear buds pops off if it rubs against something.
For example, I was carrying two pumpkin back in October and I panicked when I got back to the car thinking I may have to search online for a replacement, but was overjoyed to trace back my steps to the box of pumpkins in Morrison's. It's not a big issue, nor technically a fault with a product. But, just something I'd like to highlight for those youngsters out there who do like to have them dangle out the top of their tops.

Overall, a big thumbs up from me! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the gym *and for replacement if you keep losing them*, 5 Dec. 2011
I needed a pair of earphones for the gym as my other Skull Candy earphones I think suffer from dodgy construction and I have always liked the reliability of Sony products. I do like the design of this product and they fit very comfortably in your ears way more than the generic straight cylindrical shape. My only gripe is the sound quality. The bass is decent and full but can distort and the treble sounds are rather hollow and lack clarity... Maybe I am going deaf. I did only pay £13 for them so I guess I got what I paid for and they are suitable for use in the gym and other such activities. I would advise on other earphones if you prize sound quality.

*UPDATE 04 Feb 15*

I keep losing these earphones and one of the times is when they got stolen, so I guess they look expensive! Somehow, I continue to buy these earphones. Why? For the price, construction and sound quality. As mentioned previously, the sound is not perfect - it would be unrealistic to expect it to be - but it is good for everyday use. At this price point, why argue?! For those reasons, I am upgrading the original rating of 3 stars to 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 left earphones?, 18 Feb. 2014