5.0 out of 5 stars Vitamin D Lamp, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D
Had been reading up about the benefits of getting adequate Vitamin D through the skin Many of the recent studies suggest that supplements are just not adequate particularly in the winter months when the sun is too low in the northern hemisphere or even in rainy summers. In winter for about 5 months we cannot manufacture Vitamin D at all even if we were to sit outside with no clothes on, something I am not even prepared to try, for which I am sure my neighbours will be grateful. So I settled on this unit which takes up little space unlike large tubes in a full sized sun bed. It has to be used for a few minutes only for maybe 3 times a week although you can start on more frequent days to build it up. I have fair skin & yet I have had no burning because the lamp is only emitting the Vitamin D narrow band wavelength. Delighted with the product. Easy to use. No obvious damage to my skin, no reddening etc so quite unlike a suntan lamp. If you first look at a book called 'The Vitamin D Solution by by Michael Holick, ph.D.,MD', available onAmazon you may become as interested as I am in how important this vitamin is. And if you do, I would highly recommend this particular lamp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vitamin D Lamp, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D
Fantastic - instead of taking Vitamin D3 supplements this provides the sunshine vitamin badly needed during the winter. A few minutes every other day and feel great. The all-over llight tan rather than my usual blue/white colour is also a very welcome extra!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lamp, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D
All these lamps seem to be very expensive so it took me a while to decide to splash out on this lamp but eventually decided to treat myself. It comes with very comprehensive instructions, is easy to use and I have found that 5mins is all I need about once a week, otherwise my skin is a little reddened and itchy but I do see very little sun so I expected this. The timer which is supplied is a little over complicated to use but once I have it set for 5mins then it is easy to keep to that time.
If you live in a northern location with little access to sunlight strong enough to make Vitamin D for most of the year if not all of it! then this is a really worthwhile investment along with the Vitamin D supplements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vitiligo treatment that works; highly recommended, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D
In a nutshell, this works, and if you have vitiligo it is worth its price many times over.

I have had vitiligo for the last 15 years. I am now 35. For a few years I have been using sporadically the smaller portable UVB lamps and these do repigment the vitiligo lesions for me, but the area treated is small and it's practically impossible to focus on more than one or two body parts at a time - for large lesions it's basically impossible. For this reason I stopped and started for years, and didn't get very far with the treatment. With this large double lamp on the other hand I am able to treat essentially the entire body in a one hour session, and it's perfect for large lesions. I have hung a chain from a hook on the door, and by attaching double sided hooks at various heights I can affix this product at various heights (there is a convenient hole on the back side presumably for this purpose), starting from the legs all the way to the upper torso. This leaves both hands free, in contrast to the annoying hand-held models. For the face I leave it flat on the table, but please don't just rely on the protective glasses provided with that thing glaring in your eyes when you treat the face; I have ordered tanning bed goggles from Amazon and leave my eyes shut also.

I have had the device for 2 months more or less and am hoping for the vast majority of my lesions to be re-pigmented by the time I go on holidays in 4 months. Have no doubt - the published literature shows that UVB narrowband does not work on every single vitiligo patient, but for the large majority of patients you will see results.

The company that sell this product in Europe (Androv) are excellent, highly professional customer service and delivery. I cannot recommend them high enough.

As a final note I should add that I have noted the repigmentation pattern is often different to that seen with the smaller lamps. With the smaller lamps I almost always saw tiny spots of re-pigmentation appear first, which would eventually grow larger and larger before covering the entire lesion. But with this larger lamp I often see, in addition to this spotty pattern, large continuous areas on the lesion become tanned and re-pigment almost overnight or over a few days. Often I see both patterns on the same lesion at the same time, i.e. darker spots and softer global re-pigmentation. Intuitively the larger power of this lamps seems to be able to stimulate melanocyte production in a more efficient way, qualitatively different to the effect of smaller lamps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D
I use this lamp to help with osteoperosis and fibromyalgia. It is taking a long time to build up enough time to be any use. I do not know yet if it will help me. I find I must go very slowly as I seem to burn easily, especially on areas of my body that have never seen the sun, which apart from my arms and face is everywhere. I am optimistic that it will help in time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Early signs are good but only time will tell, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D
Does what it says - gives your Vitamin D a boost.

However, start slowly. As you need to ensure tat it is used carefully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dermfix Vit D lamp, 2 Nov 2012
This review is from: Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D
I think it's fine, and will do the job, but the first time I opened up the ledge to make it hold up, the pin slipped out and straight into the machine, and I cant get it out.
I think I will try to contact Dermfix to help, because it has made it unstable. Dermfix were great, they sent another one immediately after I returned the one with the loose pin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps when there is no sun, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D
I get a bit jaundiced with a genetic liver disorder and this helps get rid of it and I have more energy. I also do the gluten free diet and feel much improved. Easy to use and does what I need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rosacea benefit, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D
I've always felt my rosacea was better in summer, and this lamp seems to give me the same benefit as the sun. The whiter parts of my face get a light tan, and the redness on affected parts is diminished, evening out overall colouring, and making the rosacea far less noticeable. A few minutes a week are all that's needed. I use opaque tanning goggles, as he lamp can make your eyes very sore otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars UV-B light, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D
The lamp operates and works as described. After examining the light for some time, it is clear that I see an improvement in skin problems I have.

Dermfix 3000 UV-B Lamp for Vitamin D