5.0 out of 5 stars Great treadmill and unbelievable value!
This is incredible value and we are delighted. The sprint5 is very sturdy and runs smooth and quiet. It certainly appears equivalent to the machines we have seen in our local shop for more than 1000. Highly recommended.
Published on 25 April 2011 by JHurwitz

3.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, let down by the programming
Published on 11 Sep 2011 by A. M. Terry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great treadmill and unbelievable value!, 25 April 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality fitness tool, 10 Feb 2012
Michael Rooke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JTX Sprint7 Folding Motorised Treadmill, (Misc.)
Delivered within two days of my order, well-packaged and reasonably easy to assemble. I did this single-handedly, but it is heavy. I set it up in my garage.

A very robust treadmill, with an excellent console, easy to read and easy to make adjustments to speed and incline settings whilst running. More expensive treadmills offer a bewildering array of displays and functions, most of which will be rarely used. The JTX Sprint5 allows you to read easily Speed (Kilometres per hour), Pace (Minutes per kilometre), Duration, No. of 400m Laps, Incline and Heart Rate. I don't need to know anything else. I wear a Polar HRM that has the facility to upload a graph of my heart rate to their website so I have a complete record of how I am training.

I can't run at 20 kph but the 20% incline is superb as a change from running on the flat to running much more slowly, building up hip and calf muscle strength. Lesser inclines just don't give me the workout I need.

The 99 pre-programmed training routines are not very useful, even for me, an experienced runner.

Much better is the option to create one's own Customised routine. Unfortunately there is only the facility to create 3 of these. They are very easy to programme and when you have selected your own programme, you specify the time that you want to run for, and the programme spreads the routine out appropriately across that time. You can make adjustments to speed and incline during the routine if you want to. I use this facility a lot.

The 'ride' is a little bit harder (less cushioned) than the machines I have used at the gym. Pity - so only 4 stars from me.

Very good value for money, well made, and I reckon it will last a long time. Overall I am very pleased with it and can recommend it wholeheartedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, even better service from JTX, 28 Dec 2011
This review is from: JTX Sprint7 Folding Motorised Treadmill, (Misc.)
After deciding to buy a treadmill I was initially shocked at how competitive the market is. So much choice across all price points, and it's not easy to make a decision. Reviews of the cheaper models are easy to come by, but as you go higher up the price/quality ladder it becomes harder to make the choice.

I had initially budgeted for a 1000 treadmill but when I saw some very competent models at this price point (i.e. 500-700) I decided that this range probably did everything that I needed. I wasn't too interested in features like PC connectivity, or a multitude of running programmes (although the JTX has that covered with 99). What was important to me was a sturdy and reliable treadmill that is built to last, and controls that were easy to use and not get in the way of completing a simple workout.

I decided on the JTX for a few reasons. First was good feedback on Amazon, and also their eBay store. Second was the included floor mat (which could cost upwards for 30-50). Third was the size - certainly large enough, but I definitely didn't have unlimited space for the machine, so I was interested in a treadmill that made good use of its space with no excess wastage, and the JTX occupied slightly less space than some of its competition.

The treadmill is great and does everything I need it to very well. Installation was as easy as they say, it does come 99% assembled. You just pickup the main console (or rather, ask someone to pick it up) whilst you secure into position. As I said, I don't use the 99 running programmes (I just hop on and change the pace/incline as I go) but this model does have those 99 presets if you like that feature, and also has the ability to create a couple of your own settings.

I don't use the pulse detector strips as I already own a Polar strap and watch. I don't know how accurate the inbuilt pulse detector strips are as I don't use them, but it's my opinion that if someone wants to seriously make use of their heart rate in their running they should either purchase a watch & strap separately, or possibly purchase a treadmill that has inbuilt strap communication. My Polar strap & watch was very cheap so I didn't feel the need to stretch my purchase to a treadmill that also could read off my chest strap.

Other features include the built in speakers. Again, it wasn't something that I wanted/needed, but they seem good enough for use, if that is important to you.

Far and away the most positive aspect of my purchase was the extra service that JTX provided when the courier (TNT) were 'less than helpful' when it came to my delivery. TNT didn't attempt delivery to my flat at the first scheduled slot(despite my arranging some help to accept delivery on the day) as they assumed I was on the first floor, or higher. I live on the ground floor, so was a bit surprised that they didn't even knock/leave a card/offer a curbside delivery. After several muckarounds JTX came to the rescue and sorted it all out, which was definitely beyond their remit as the problems were firmly with the courier, and not JTX. I actually can't recall a company going the extra mile to the extent that JTX did for me, so I couldn't be happier to recommend them.

I've had the machine for a few weeks now, so it's still early days re: durability, but so far so good, looks built to last and comes with a lengthy warranty in case of future problems. I'm running around 6K daily on the machine (which reminds me, the console readout is in Km only, which might annoy some folks) so it's totting up the Km's nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product but minor annoyances, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: JTX Sprint7 Folding Motorised Treadmill, (Misc.)
I purchased this product as I’m not allowed to run outside naked, I can now do this in the comfort of my own house. I have to do it in the garage as the wife tells me she doesn’t want to be ill and my children don’t want to be placed in care. I offered to wear a sock, but she’s having none of it.

The delivery was well executed and on time. Two ‘burly’ gentlemen from Birmingham kindly delivered my treadmill and left it on the floor in the middle of my padlocked exercise room. I didn’t think it would take two people to move to and to erect it but believe me, after ‘popping a nut’ trying to move it myself, it really does need two people to get this machine up and running (pun).

Once the JTX Sprint7 Folding Motorised Treadmill was in place I then discovered the free floor mats that come with it. These are to be placed underneath the treadmill so that it doesn’t ruin the floor. Once again, I needed another person to help me lift the treadmill and place the padded mats underneath as I’d already popped one nut, and I’ve only got one left so caution was taken.

My minor annoyance with this is that on the display screen, the incline display is on the right of the screen and the speed is on the left of the screen, yet the actual physical button to press for the incline is on the left of the screen and the speed button on the right. If you get these mixed up then you certainly will be visiting a world of pain. For my first session I ran a solid 18 meters and was totally shattered, I then went to increase the speed but hit the incline and ended up pretty much mountaineering in the garage, naked. Not a pretty sight especially when my ‘unit’ rubbed against the treadmill ‘tread’ and issued me with a slight ‘burn’ mark. I tried explaining this to the wife but ended up on the sofa for two weeks.

The runner also comes with a ‘safety cable’. One end of this safety cable is placed on a magnetic ‘pad’ on the actual running machine. The other end of the cable has a ‘clip’ that should be clipped onto the person running so that, if the running person falls then the magnetic end is removed from the magnetic ‘Pad’ and the machine comes to an immediate stop. Very good for safety. As I am an ‘au naturel’ runner, there was only really one place that I could clip the safety rope to me. It’s not too bad. I find after 4 minutes the pain is replaced by numbness. I have ended up timing my runs not on the calories burnt or the distance ran, but the shades of blue my ‘unit’ turns. I stop at purple.

Another word of advice would be to wear decent running shoes. I thought I’d try a ‘Zola Budd’ and go barefoot. Not a good idea. With my feet being a little on the ‘flaky’ side I ended up leaving footprints on the tread. Again, not a good look. I’ve tried most footwear of the treadmill, slippers are terrible as they have no grip, Black office shoes are too slippery and leave indents and high heels just leave me with terrible blisters hence the reason I also purchased Scholl moleskin insoles with the runner.
Overall I can recommend this runner to most running ‘noobs’ as I’ve been running on it for half an hour, 6 times a week and have noticed the changes to my body, the main change is that my unit is now constantly purple.

A great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Money, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: JTX Sprint7 Folding Motorised Treadmill, (Misc.)
This is my first treadmill. I reviewed a number of them from various websites before settling for this one. With it being the first i cannot compare it with the others i saw, but i think this is an excellent machine to consider buying. It's very substantially built. The controls are easy to use, but could have done with better instructions. The machine was delivered within 3 days, but the TNT delivery man wouldn't take it upstairs even though i said i'd help. Health and safety he said. Had to get a neighour to help. It's cheaper on the JTX site though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Treadmill, 9 May 2011
This review is from: JTX Sprint7 Folding Motorised Treadmill, (Misc.)
This is a truely excellent treadmill.You would have to spend hundreds more to get better.I shopped around a lot before settling for this.I am well over 20st and it handles my weight effortlessly.The motor is quiet,we keep ours in the front room ,and it can be hardly heard.It is both wider than I expected,not neccesarily a bad thing,and much heavier.You do really need two people to move it about though it does have small wheels.If you are serious about a treadmill do not hesitate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 19 July 2011
This review is from: JTX Sprint7 Folding Motorised Treadmill, (Misc.)
I've had the JTX Sprint for just under a month and have to say I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Would recommend to anyone, very solid/sturdy at an affordable price.

Plus excellent customer service. If you're in the market for a treadmill then you could do a lot worse!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid powerful treadmill - great value, 19 Oct 2011
G (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JTX Sprint7 Folding Motorised Treadmill, (Misc.)
Treadmill arrived exactly on time (ordered direct from JTXfitness), very heavy - you really need two people to move it into place.

Proved to be a really solid machine. Deck seems much bigger and stronger than previous machine - Welso Cadence.

Inital impressions are that is is quiet and powerful. Going up to 20 degrees incline and 20kph is far more than we need but hoping that over-specced motor will last.

A very pleased with the machine and would recommend highly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, let down by the programming, 11 Sep 2011
A. M. Terry - See all my reviews
This review is from: JTX Sprint7 Folding Motorised Treadmill, (Misc.)
This is a great treadmill if you don't mind changing the speed and incline manually while you are exercising. I've got used to this now, but at first was really disappointed to find that the 100 pre-set programs seem to slow regularly to a walking pace. Also, there is no "cool-down" - once the time (or other goal) is reached, the machine slows to a halt within a few seconds.

I bought this after doing quite a bit of googling and it seemed good value, but the only treadmills I can compare it with based on my own direct experience are the ones I used to use down at the gym, which presumably were top of the range. By comparison, this is a very useful piece of equipment but I do miss being able to (for example) adjust the intensity level of each program. There is no such option with this, which means that I don't actually use any of the pre-set programmes as it's just too frustrating working your way through something that doesn't match the effort you are aiming for.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 27 Jun 2011
This review is from: JTX Sprint7 Folding Motorised Treadmill, (Misc.)
really good running machine. Have just got back into running post having a baby. In my madness have agreed to do a half marathon in September. Need to put in some training!! After spending lots of time looking around and reading reviews of running machines, even going to running web sites for advice, I settled on the JTX sprint.This is a bargain, it is well made, looks very professional. The incline and the speed are more than ample. Is very, very heavy and is delivered by one poor little delivery man. Arrived three days after it was ordered.

ARRAY(0xa26a55d0)