5.0 out of 5 stars Touching family drama.
If I am honest I downloaded this book because it was free and I am so glad I did. Touching family drama, second chances and romance are all thrown into the mix. Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It made me laugh and cry and I couldn't put it down. Now looking for more books by the Barbara Freethy.
Published on 20 Jan 2012 by Bookworm

3.0 out of 5 stars reasonably enjoyable read
An enjoyable book, not the most riveting plot but fine when you want something light to read. Worth having - its a free download.
Published on 15 Mar 2012 by scal

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching family drama., 20 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful touching story, 19 Jan 2012
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)
I was not sure what to expect with this book, but once I picked it up I could not put it down. It was a beautiful story about a man returning to his hometown, Serenity Springs, with lots of bad memories. The man's feelings towards Serenity Springs are gradually changed and so are his relationships with the people in Serenity Springs. It had me laughing, crying and smiling. A book not to be missed!

5.0 out of 5 stars I wonderful touching story., 1 April 1998
By A Customer
Ryan's Return is a wonderful book, a hard one to put down. Barbara Freethy tells a story of a family torn apart by scandals and secrets that can only be reunited with love. There is the story of Ryan, the town's "bad boy" and his attraction with Kara, a good girl. A secondary love story is included, with Andrew, Ryan's brother. This novel tells a story of a father who can never stop loving his younger son. Brothers once close, now seperated by misunderstanding. Its a tale of forgiveness, forgiving once parents, children, and girlfriends for the sins in their pasts. Its a tale of rising river, the fathers loves of that rushing water and Ryan's fear of the same river that makes his father and brother complete. Ms. Freethy employs the use of comic relief in this heavely emotional story. One example is the fist fight Andrew and Ryan get into that lands them in jail. Read it and I garantee that you won't be able to put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)
This book is a brilliant book, and it's free! Better than many books I have paid over the odds for! Couldn't put it down I laughed and cried just brill!

5.0 out of 5 stars great read :), 12 Feb 2012
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)
A free book is sometimes disappointing and short, but as its free you think 'never mind' !

This was neither !! It was a very engaging story and a normal sized book length which gave the author time to introduce the characters and weave a great story. I was hooked and read it in no time.

Would recommend this to anyone who likes a good drama/romance. Loved it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Ryan's Return - fantastic book, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)
This is a fantastic novel, so well written and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It made me laugh and cry and I am so pleased I downloaded it, even better that it was free!!

3.0 out of 5 stars reasonably enjoyable read, 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasurable easy read with lovable characters, 14 Mar 2012
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)
This was totally not my kind of reading yet from the first couple of pages, I was hooked! Such a pleasurable easy read book, with true and believable characters, that I loved, was excited for and suffered with them all. I couldnt put it down and found myself picking it up in any free minute just to carry on and enjoy the characters and the story.

I normally like psychological thrillers, so if I was to be critical, yes you can guess the plot and can work out most of the story line as you go but I enjoyed it! I can also say the same about some thrillers I have read!

To sum it up, I am now looking for another book to read by Barbara Freethy and hope it lives upto this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner from start to finish, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)
I didn't know this author before downloading it free from Amazon. I am so glad I did. I loved it all the way through. The characters were deep and well rounded. The story was fast moving and had lots of twists and turns. Yeah it had some cheesy bits but it held my attention from page one. I would definately recommend it and would look at others by the same Author.

4.0 out of 5 stars NICELY WRITTEN BUT DRAGGED ON A BIT FOR ME, 25 Aug 2012
Carol 'avid little bookworm' (LEEDS, Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)
I don't think there is anything I can add to all the reviews that have already been posted.

Well written, enjoyable but unfortunately it just didn't keep me hooked. Predictable, but I kept on going hoping for an upturn in the storyline which unfortunately didn't happen for me. I felt if this had been shorter, perhaps it could have worked.

As a free download definitely worth giving a go, probably nearer a 3.5* read for me; the earlier part of the book was good, but the latter part lapsed into just ok.

Ryan's Return